No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:40am in Alberta, I'm in for another 24 please, and thanks...

Brrrr, -25C (-11F) this morning, with a wind, and temp is supposed to be worse tonight!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

6am and 41F in AZ. Another good one, LC. Hiked 4.5 miles yesterday. Lots of rock scrambling. Perfect weather for hiking.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Good quote this morning LC! I had to face what I was keeping bottled up inside me in order to move on, it wasn't easy and I'm still working on it. But being sober helps me to see things as they are, accept the things I cannot change, and change the things that I have to change to continue growing in my sobriety.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:42 am in Vegas,another 24 please
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

It was cool today but the sunshine was beautiful. Jessie and I braved the -22 windchill this afternoon and walked our 6km route.

New laws including stiffer drunk driving penalties come into effect tomorrow. A first time offender will receive a minimum fine of $2,000 plus demerit points. Police now have the authority to demand a breath sample from anyone they stop, they no longer have to smell alcohol or see signs of impairment. Good. Maybe this will reduce the carnage on our roads.

Best wishes to my fellow Cafe regulars for a very happy, healthy and af new year!

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

"""Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy. Human beings have the awesome ability to take any experience of their lives and create a meaning that disempowers them or one that can literally save their lives.""- Tony Robbins

Here's to focussing on the positive, creating meaning that empowers us! Saves our lives!
              AB, I had a hard time yesterday, too.. Hope you've been able to work through everything and are feeling better today..
              Ginger, where were you hiking yesterday? The first place I go, the morning after I arrive, is Piestewa Peak.. takes me back, as that's where I spent a lot of time when I was younger.. and it's close to my dad's place. I try to hike every day when I'm in Phx.. I also love the Peralta trail. Can't wait to be there!!
              QW, I'm in complete agreement with the stiffer penalties!

Wishing you all a Happy New Year!xx

Comment

Good morning and Happy New Year. I ended 2018 sober and enter 2019 sober. This is empowering to me. I’m looking forward to this journey AF. Wishing everyone a great day! Another 24 for me please and thanks

Comment

Thanks for the great quote LC.....always a good way to start the day!

It feels especially good to awaken unhung today......I feel sorry for the people who made a different choice last night. Sure don't miss those days!

Here's to a happy and peaceful 2019!

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

6:20am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

Well, might as well start the New Year off right, I've got a date with the snow shovel!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

It's going to be a darn good year not to drink!

Comment

Here's a little something for the THC gang!

Comment

Cloudy and grey on this New Year's day. Must of had 2 inches of rain yesterday.
                        quick check-in, gotta get back on the road.
                        Happy sober New Year, all!
                        24 more please.

Comment

6:07 am in Vegas,another 24 please glad everyone had a nice NYE! Here's to a great NYD
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy unhung New Year! Feels great, doesn't it?

The rain started yesterday around 1p and didn't stop until midnight. It was running like creeks down the roads in the rv park and it only measured .71 inch!

Great quote, LC. Everything is a choice and it's ours to make. We've hiked the wind cave and Fremont pass trails at Peralta. Beautiful area. I'll have to check out that peak. I've not heard that name before. No hiking around here until things dry out, sadly.

Day 3: no sugar or processed food for me. I sure do feel better! Always some personal improvement I need to work on, it seems.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!!

Comment

Good quote [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]! How many of you remember one or both of your parents saying to you "ah, that's just all in your head"? Turns out they were right!

Snow shoveled, brunch cooked, eaten, and dishes done! Now for a relaxing day at home. Things aren't going to get back to normal for me till the 7th lol. Two small jobs to do tomorrow, then Thursday take the father-in-law into the city to have his melanoma removed. Spend the day on the tractor Friday plowing snow at the farm, then it's the weekend again! Life is tough haha.

Comment

Yes, Cowboy. Life is tough, but could be tougher if hung over! LOL Things won't be back to normal for me until the 7th too. My daughter arrives this week for a few days of post Christmas chaos with a second gift exchange and the 7 year old cousins running amok! Life is tough, but grand at the same time!

Happy New year everyone!

24 more, please and thank you.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X