Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I forgot to mention in my post yesterday about the new laws to combat impaired driving. Suspension of license and seizure of vehicle for a length of time dependant on the severity of the offence. And higher insurance rates.

Years ago I knew a guy who annually hosted a New Year’s Eve party where the guests would get very intoxicated, stay overnight and then go for a 10 mile “hangover run” early the next morning. Then they’d have a breakfast of bacon, sausage, ham, eggs, pancakes, waffles etc. He claimed that hangovers would be gone very quickly. Huh. What if you didn’t drink to excess in the first place?

I hope everyone has a great January 1st, af of course.

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 for me please.

Comment

24 more on this second day of 2019, please and thank you.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

""One reason people resist change is because they focus on what they have to give up, instead of what they have to gain.""- Godwin

This has been something I've been working on these past days.. concentrating on what I'm gaining!
          I'm in for another 24 af hours..xx

Comment

5:50am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

Just above the freezing mark this morning and it's a good thing! Both my jobs today are outside jobs, fix a yard hydrant and replace a sewage pump in a septic tank.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

39F and grey.
              Back to work today.
              January will be light work wise, so I've booked a ticket to visit my Mom in Florida mid-month.
              Funny, my hangovers are non-existent when I don't drink.
              24 more please.

Comment

Love that quote LC! It never fails to amaze me just how powerful our minds are.....we're really in control, but we need to change how we see any given situation.

Another 24 please!

Comment

I totally agree with that quote [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], but I want to take it a step further...

I've been on support forums nigh on 6 years and have seen many people get a few months AF, even close to a year AF, myself included. And then they turn back to drinking, myself included lol. And I wonder if it's because what they gained by quitting didn't turn out to be what they thought it should be? I think it takes longer than a year to fully appreciate what sobriety has to offer, at least that's the way it was for me.

I'm not sure what I thought sobriety had to offer when I quit this last time, I was so used to drinking and figured that life couldn't get any better not realizing that it was slowly getting worse. Life wasn't suddenly all sunshine and roses, life didn't become any easier. As a matter of fact, life seemed to get harder because I didn't have my trusty Budweiser to deal with it. I can honestly say that it wasn't until sometime in my second year that I understood what sobriety really meant to me, life didn't get easier, but dealing with life became easier. For me, that's what really mattered, dealing with life in an open, honest way...
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:48 am in Vegas,another 24 please
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

31f here this AM with snow in the surrounding mountains! What? Strange weather for this area!

That quote is so true! Thanks, LC. I'll take another 24, please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Ginger, saw a pic online this morning of Monument Valley. With snow! Hope it warms up for you soon.

Great quote this morning. I find that a lot of what happens to us in life depends on how we show up. And I think that a lot of situations are similar to the challenges of playing golf, a game of inches. And the six most important inches are between your ears!

Hope everyone enjoys their Wednesday af!

Qw
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning and please give me another 24. Thanks!

Comment

I'll have 24 more to go please!

Comment

36f and cloudy grey, a little sunshine expected to peek through later.
                              24 more please.

Comment

Originally posted by @abcowboy
                                I'm not sure what I thought sobriety had to offer when I quit this last time, I was so used to drinking and figured that life couldn't get any better not realizing that it was slowly getting worse.
                                I read that and the image of a frog in gradually heating water came to mind. :egad:

"Put a pot of cool water on the stove and then add the frog. Not sensing danger the frog will stay. Next, turn the burner on low to slowly heat the water. As the water warms, the frog relaxes. The warmth feels good. As the water gets hotter it acts like a steam bath draining away energy and deepening the frog's relaxation. The frog becomes sleepy and has less and less energy while the water is getting hotter and hotter. By the time the frog realizes its danger, the water is beginning to boil, and it is too late to take action. There is neither time nor energy left to do anything. The frog perishes in the boiling water."

Let's be careful out there! 24 more please and thank you
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X