No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:45am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

Still above freezing here, sun with some cloudy periods in the forecast. Should make for a good trip to the city and back.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'm in the same boat as you [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], things slow down for me around Christmas time until sometime in March. I used to enjoy that because I could sit in my shop and drink all day lol. I think I'll have to take up a hobby, was thinking of maybe an electric train setup like [MENTION=17668]Mick[/MENTION] does, or possibly start building some things out of old barn siding and sell the stuff at the area Farmer's Markets...

Hey [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], was wondering how hubs was enjoying his wood pellet bar-b-que? What kind did you get him?

I remember reading about that frog somewhere [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], it sure is a great comparison to how booze sneaks into our lives!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:43 am in Vegas,another 24 please Cowboy,he is still learning how to use it haha,he did try a brisket on NYE,we all thought it was great but he kept critiquing his work I'll keep you posted on what he tries next Dill,love the frog analogy
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

The frog story is a perfect analogy. Thankful that we all got out of that boiling water just in time!

31F in AZ and there's no power. Wonder what that's all about?? I'll take another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

""Don't think so much about your future that you fail to realize you're right in the middle of the future you used to think about!""--offtherocks
            That's a fun one to think about! Most of us here try to spend most of our time in the present moment, don't we? Planning for the future is nice.. but I don't like to spend too much time daydreaming or stressing about it.
            I'm in for another 24 af hours!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I met a recoveringing alcoholic - 4 months sober - last evening. She used to get passed out drunk every night and could consume a 26oz bottle of rye in as little as 45 minutes! She ended up in hospital for a month last summer while she attempted to regain her health and get al out of her system. Thanks to amazing family support, she’s doing well. She’s 14 years old.

A mild and snow melting day here today. I had a 90 minute dental appointment this morning and a chiropractic adjustment this afternoon. Ever nice to have both appointments done unhung!

Hope e eryone is enjoying/enjoyed an af Thursday!

QW
              Last edited by Quit wining; January 3, 2019, 08:49 PM.
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

QW, that's a heart breaking story. :'(

Comment

Good morning. Wow 14 years old. Thats a sobering story. Maybe we can say that she is basically too young to know better. We however are old enough to know better! Please sign me up for another AF day. This will be my 6th weekend without booze. Awesome not to spend every weekend drunk and finding creative ways to hide it. UGH

Comment

Our daughter and grandson arrived last night for a post Christmas visit. The house will be full of the chaos of family for the weekend! I'll enjoy every minute of it with clear eyes and a contented heart. In the moments when I get tired and overwhelmed I will try to accept those feelings with gratitude that I have such a wonderful reason to be feeling that way.:happy2:

14 years old [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]? How very sad. She is young enough to change her habits with more ease than us oldies I hope. She doesn't have to undo years of habit strength. All the best to her.

24 more, please and thank you.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

QW.....such a sad story, hope that she can stay sober. So young...

30F here with a chance of some sun today!

Another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

Another warm day, but 2 days of snow in the forecast... Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow lol

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

30F here this morning too, Jude. Grey skies with rain on the way.
                          Didn't know [MENTION=17668]Mick[/MENTION] had a train set. Wabbits, yeah, but not a train, lol.
                          Got some lone overdue yard work done yesterday, hopefully more today before the rain comes.
                          Wow, 14 years old. About the time I started, Decades before I learned my lesson.
                          Hope none of our futures involves a pot of boiling water.
                          24 more please

Comment

Wow, 14 years old, but she has a long life ahead of her to reap all the benefits that sobriety has to offer! And she'll understand addiction, any addiction, even more than her peers and she can also be a great inspiration and example to her peers!

Enjoy the weekend [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! I love the chaos that the kids bring when they visit lol.

Hank and I are batching it for a couple of nights again. The father-in-laws melanoma removal went well, only 3 hours start to finish, so we were back in Veg by 4 yesterday afternoon. Bubba is staying over to make sure no bleeding occurs and to help with the dressing changes.

Loved yesterday's quote [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]! We are the author's of our future, and the future comes one day at a time!
                            Last edited by abcowboy; January 4, 2019, 08:11 AM.

Comment

5:47 am in Vegas,another 24 please
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION].... you can keep the snow up there, thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
                                X