~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

36F and sunny! Going up to the low 50's today. Feels like April, not January.
    That's a lot of snow, Cowboy! Glad I didn't have to shovel it, lol!
    I did get more yard work in yesterday, will do a bike ride with Mrs V today and enjoy this unseasonably warm weather.
    When I was a kid, the best part about Christmas was getting out and setting up the train set. Played for hours.
    Thanks for today's quote LC.
    24 more please.

Comment

LC, that's a great quote. I'm the same way. If I spoke to others the way I speak to myself sometimes, I doubt I'd have a single friend or family member come around! I like NS's suggestion. I'll try it.

What a great hobby, Mick! Cowboy, you're really getting your exercise this winter! Warming back up here. Had a lovely hike yesterday. Even worked up a sweat!

I'll have another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

My Cafe friends are all invited to join me for my annual birthday steak barbecue. And it’s supposed to warm up to freezing later on.

Thanks Cowboy for your comment on being a care giver/ care partner. It has its challenges some days but I can’t imagine what it’s like having a disease like Parkinson’s. I have it easy by comparison.

I wish everyone a great af Saturday!

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 for me please and Happy Birthday QW! I will take mine medium rare! Thanks for the invite.

Comment

“Drinking is such a necessity to human life that people cannot fathom an individual who, like a child confined to a church pew, gets little enjoyment out of it and would rather do other things.”
            ― Criss Jami, Killosophy

This quote really hit home with me. How many of you have people look at you like you have 2 heads when you tell them that you don't drink? This is especially the case with friends and family that have watched me suck down drink after drink. Eventually, they got it, and stopped bugging me, but that first refusal of a drink can be difficult, and can make you feel different and isolated. With time, I felt more comfortable with my decision, especially after waking up with a
            clear mind and conscious. Surely, a few moments of artificial happiness are never worth the agony that follows.

Happy birthday QW!!

I'd be grateful for another 24 please...
            Last edited by Jude58; January 6, 2019, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the great quote and thoughts [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. Yes, I have had the experience of being questioned about not drinking, but it's been a while now since that happened. If it happened now I would not be bothered at all! I'd just say how great I feel. But, in the beginning, when feeling so deprived and ambivalent, it was bothersome to have someone questioning my choice. But what I found to be worse was the looks on people's faces when they wondered what was wrong with me and why I was acting funny. I didn't let it stop me tho! I'd just go sneak another drink to make myself feel better. Ugh. Happy it's all in the rearview!

Thanks [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] for a week of good quotes and thoughts!:love:

Lots of happy memories around the train set. Did anyone else have a slot car racing set? My brothers did and we all had so much fun with that!

You have my respect and thoughts and concern, QW as does Mrs. Q, in this battle you both face.:heartbeat:

Another 24 please and thank you.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

Guess I don't need to tell you what I'm doing this morning, but at least its just below freezing out..

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

34f and sunny right now.
                  Did get a bike ride in, might go again today.
                  HBD, QW!
                  Steaks here as well today, Son leaving for a month or so on a job, so a little farewell party.
                  Had the slot cars as well, Dill! Had to give up all the childhood toys, when we moved from our childhood home in ninth grade, just couldn't move all the stuff!
                  24 more please!

Comment

Morning y'all, I whipped up a special breakfast for [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great job on the quotes this past week [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]! And congrats on moving on from those teen numbers!

Yep, had the road race set as well [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! I remember having to change the braided metal brushes on the bottom of the cars as we used them so much they just plumb wore off!

Great quote to start the week [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! Funny thing is, it was my drinking buddies who looked at me strange and asked all sorts of questions, think they were afraid of losing a drinking buddy lol.

No steaks for me today unless it's in a restaurant lol. Lots of snow and blowing snow today, so I'll leave the smoker covered!

Comment

Happy Birthday QW!! 6:10 am in Vegas,another 24 please
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

47 and raining again! I've never seen weather like this here in the years we've been coming down. It's better than snow though so not complaining (much).

Happy birthday, QW! Hope your day was special.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you. :thumbsup:

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

And thanks for all of the birthday wishes! One of these years I might have to grow up. The steaks were medium rare and melt in your mouth delicious. The weather forecast was way off though - ice fog and a windchill of -13C, 8F, and not the -2C, 28F that was predicted. Kind of like the time I had to shovel 8” of partly cloudy from my driveway!

Seeing Mick’s train sets and reading about slotted race cars brings back some wonderful memories. Thanks!

Cowboy, thanks for the awesome breakfast! Is there no end to your culinary skills? Like me, you are so much more than just a pretty face!!

I hope everyone enjoys a great af Sunday!

QW
                            Last edited by Quit wining; January 6, 2019, 10:15 AM.
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy Birthday, QW!!
                              I'd also be grateful for another 24 af hours.. xx

Comment

:yay: Happy Birthday, QW! :yay:
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X