~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

“I have absolutely no pleasure in the stimulants in which I sometimes so madly indulge. It has not been in the pursuit of pleasure that I have periled life and reputation and reason. It has been the desperate attempt to escape from torturing memories, from a sense of insupportable loneliness and a dread of some strange impending doom.”
    ― Edgar Allan Poe

Very cold here at 13F, with a star filled sky and no wind.

I'm in for another 24 hours and thank you very much!

Comment

Good Monday morning. Nice quote Jude. Sorry I missed breakfast yesterday ABC. Went to Panera Bread instead. LOL. Please sign me up for another 24.

Comment

Thanks Jude, for a good quote today and for bringing to mind Edgar Allen Poe. I used to love his poem, The Raven. Still do I suppose.

Quoth the Raven, "Never more"

24 more al free hours please and thank you.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Thanks for the quote, Jude! That definitely sounds like why I drank the past few years.. not for pleasure, that's for sure!
          I'm super grateful to be in the middle of another 24 af hours. I feel like I need to be on my toes right now! Paying attention to the subtleties in thought and with regards to emotions.. Not taking any thing for granted.!
          Hugs to you lovely people!xx

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

-8C (17F) and quite the wind blowing! Not going to be very nice plowing snow at the farm in my open air tractor!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great quote [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! I might have started drinking for the pleasure, but it sure didn't turn out that way in the end! I drank to get drunk, plain and simple...

I'm not sure about my culinary skills [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], but I know I don't have a pretty face lol.
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Had to jump back on here this morning to say what a beautiful morning it is! I’m so grateful to be a part of this website. Happy Monday!

Comment

That is definitely a beautiful sunrise [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! Amazing the things we can appreciate when we're sober and not hungover!

Comment

5:40 am in Vegas,another 24 please
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

40F and overcast, rain on the way.
                      For some reason, my computer keeps crashing, having trouble posting.
                      Beautiful day here yesterday, another bike ride.
                      Beautiful photo, Rava, Thanks!
                      Chilling quote, Jude, but oh so true.
                      Peace and 24 more for all of us, please.

Comment

Thought provoking quote for sure. Thanks, Rava and what a gorgeous sunrise!

I'll take another 24, please!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I’m walking on eggshells today as it seems everything I do is not right. Think my little buddy and I will head out for another meander shortly. This is one of the most frustrating things about parkinson’s. I know it’s the disease talking and not Mrs QW.

Cowboy, I’ve offered to join the rep from our provincial Parkinson association at our local radio station for an interview about upcoming courses starting here in a few weeks. I think I have the perfect face for radio!!

Hope everyone has had/is having a great Monday, af of course.

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning. Another 24 for me please!

Comment

“There is no such thing as liquid courage — it’s called drunken stupidity”

Been there done that... I once tried to get on the stage with Charlie Daniel's.....let me tell ya, it didn't work out so well!
                              [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]...do you have anyone that can help out with your wife? Being a caregiver for someone you love is emotionally gruelling, and sometimes you just have to step back and do something for yourself. It will enable you to see the big picture, and make you a better caregiver. Just a thought.

Sitting here with my coffee listening to the gusty wind hurling sleet at my windows...glad I'm inside!

Another 24 hours of peace please and thank you!

Comment

QW, Fingers crossed for a better day for you and Mrs. QW.

Rava, thanks so much for yesterday's pic. It was gorgeous!

Thanks for today's quote, Jude. Definitely gets right to the nub of the thing, doesn't it! We had those gusty winds here last night but it has calmed quite a bit over night and we are sitting at a pleasant 52F. That will be dropping all day I'm afraid. I was up last night bc I couldn't sleep and I realized how very tired I am of the silence. I could hear no nature sounds at all. I don't understand why even the coyotes are silent in the winter. But, this morning once again I stepped out on the porch but this time I heard the sound of talons on the metal gutter and even though it was dark I made out the outline of a bird in the dim glow of the porch light, likely an owl, taking flight away from its perch on the house. At least that was something!

24 more please for all of us, please.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X