~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Very mild 54F here, but like Dill said, cold coming. More high winds today, too.
    Jude, about your quote, I got something to show you, here, hold my beer! Lol!
    Computer still giving me fits, just keeps crashing. Might be time for a new hard drive.
    Hope things are a little better today, QW.
    24 more here please.

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

-20C (-7F) out there this morning with a howling wind! Had enough of that yesterday after 4 hours of plowing snow on my open-air tractor, think I might just stay home today and wait for the phone to ring lol.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed up for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thinking of you and the Mrs, QW. Hoping today is a better day for both of you.

Thanks for the quote. Great reminder!

Try to stay warm you guys. Back to 70 today. Wish you all could come visit to warm your bones!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

6:05 am in Vegas,another 24 please
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I did a bit more reading about Parkinson's [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], I had no idea how many parts of the body that could be affected by it! It's like having a whole bunch of diseases all wrapped into one! Thoughts and prayers go out to you and the Mrs...

Too bad our Lord wasn't born in July! Winter is bad enough in itself without the slow days that follow the Christmas season. Sometimes I think of moving to a warmer climate, sometimes I think of doing more travelling, and sometimes I think that I just need an attitude adjustment. Today is one of those days. I have everything I need right where I am! I know if I moved I'd miss the snow, I know if I travelled I most likely would have to do it myself because of Bubba's motion sickness, and to be honest, I'm just too darn old to start over again in a new place lol. I love my job 99% of the time, I love where I live even though I complain about the weather sometimes, and I enjoy all the friends we have made here. The grass isn't greener on the other side of the fence, I just have to take better care of the grass on my side...
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Interesting and humorous quote today [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] lol. How many of us used booze to get through a situation or event that we didn't think we had the courage to get through! And if we couldn't do it without booze, what's wrong with not doing it at all? Better just to walk away instead of making a fool of ourselves while drunk! I think we all have the courage to get through any situation or event without drinking, but getting over our fears can be just as hard as quitting drinking. Once we figure out that we don't need the booze, the fears that we think we have will be much easier to deal with....
              Last edited by abcowboy; January 8, 2019, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Hi everyone!
                Thought I'd checked in already today..
                Grateful to be going to bed at the end of 24 more af hours!!!
                Good night..xx

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Thanks for the support everyone. Today is a bit better but I think maybe it’s time for Mrs QW to tweak the meds as her energy level noticeably drops before noon and she’s unable to do a lot of things she’s planned. Afternoon naps help but it’s peaks and valleys most of the day.
                  Thanks Cowboy for doing some research into PD. It’s a hideous disease that steals a bit of your life on a regular basis. And not only isn’t there a cure (yet, anyway), it’s a difficult disease to diagnose because people don’t present the same way. In our case, Mrs QW had lost most of the use of her right arm and was dragging her right foot. She lost facial expression, was whispering when she thought she was shouting and her handwriting had become small and shaky. Interesting note - they’ve linked panic attacks happening as long as 20 years earlier, as a sign of Parkinson’s. Mrs QW had several going back about 10 years before her diagnosis.
                  The meds have enabled her to regain things, like the ability to drive again, but it’s far from what her life was like before. Oh well, at least we get good parking spots! (Maintaining a sense of humour for patient and care partner/caregiver is essential!)

It was cold and windy when we walked today. At least there isn’t much snow.

Hope everyone had/is having a great Tuesday, af

QW
                  Last edited by Quit wining; January 8, 2019, 06:07 PM.
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 for me please! Drinking to cure insomnia was probably the most ridiculous thing I have believed for over 40 years. WOW that is stupid on my part. Now that I have not been drinking I sleep just fine. What the hell was I thinking???? Good morning everyone.

Comment

“Addiction, at its worst, is akin to having Stockholm Syndrome. You're like a hostage who has developed an irrational affection for your captor. They can abuse you, torture you, even threaten to kill you, and you'll remain inexplicably and disturbingly loyal.”
                      ― Anne Clendening, Bent

I can really relate to this quote.....I was loyal to alcohol, even though I knew that it treated me so badly, and would eventually kill me.

Snowing hard here in N.Y. with a foot of more possible by tomorrow. Can't complain as we've had a very mild winter so far.

Looking forward to another 24 and thank you very much!

Comment

6:30am in Alberta, I'll take another 24 please, and thanks...

Quick check in for now, computer decided to do an hour and a half Windows and driver upgrade!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Nothing better than waking up knowing you beat the beast! I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

5:52 am in Vegas,another 24 please!
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Hope everyone has a great af Wednesday!

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

What a difference a day makes! Yesterday was 60F, today 25. It was quite a shock to the system! I see some flurries out there now.

24 more, please and thank you.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X