No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the comments y'all, I never thought about how much she really told her therapist, good point! That was the first thing my counsellor told me, I had to be totally honest with her if she was going to be able to help me. I mentioned that to the woman this morning, as well as passing along the info and link to the 30 Day Alcohol Experiment [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION].
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Count me in for another 24, please and thank you!

I love experiments so I joined the 30 day challenge. I'd love to connect with [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] and [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] but can't figure out how to find friends! Learning curve
      Last edited by Ginger999; January 11, 2019, 09:42 AM.

Comment

5:58 am in Vegas,another 24 please
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Looks like another day of walking on eggshells. I’m not sure if Mrs QW’s meds need tweaking or if this is just the Parkinson’s progressing. In any event, it isn’t fun.

Looking forward to our Mexico trip in a week. Can’t wait to see the grandkids playing on the beach and in the pools!

Hope everyone is enjoying a wonderful af Friday!

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

QW, I'm so sorry. I'm so glad you have the trip to look forward to. Take care, G999

Comment

Some real thought provoking quotes [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! I’m ashamed to admit though that I fear that for some ‘addiction will be a repeated performance’ and that the ‘temporary relief will always overpower the more permanent peace’ that sobriety brings.

I don’t know how to try and help those who don’t want to be helped, and I guess there is no way to do that. It always has to come from within before any outside influence will help. That’s one of the reasons I login to these support forums everyday, it shows the vast amount of people who want to rid themselves of their addiction and are trying to find the peace that comes along with beating it.

Many of us say that if quitting drinking was easy, there’d be no need for MWO and support sites like it. But the opposite is also true, because quitting is so hard, we need places just like this to give and receive help and support. As long as there are people like us coming here and posting every day there will always be hope for those who still suffer, that they too can find the peace that sobriety brings…
              Last edited by abcowboy; January 11, 2019, 05:56 PM.
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I don't think I have to remind you [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] to sweep up all those eggshells tonight before you go to bed, hopefully you won't need any more of them tomorrow....

Comment

Hey Ginger999 glad you joined. She has a wealth of information. I have finished the experiment but still on the website. I love reading all her emails and videos.

Comment

Thanks Cowboy. Every day starts fresh.

I decided we needed to go out for supper tonight, good call as the meal was great and it was a nice part of the day.

I’ve learned over the past 3 years not to sweat the small stuff. I should have figured this out long ago!

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

“The world actually is a mirror, and as you change, you will see everything around you changing as well as mirroring your changes.”
                      ― Chris Prentiss

I'm much more optimistic when I'm off the booze....why would I ever go back to it?

QW....I hope that today is a better day for you and your wife. Sounds like a trip to Mexico is just what the doctor ordered!

Ginger...so glad that you joined the a!cool experiment. I'm on day 15 and it's been very helpful...rarely have any cravings at all! What is your user name on the site? Mine is Jude....(no 58 after it)

Bitter cold here, but at least the snow has let up for now!

Count me in for another 24 please!

Comment

Good morning QW hope things are better today and your trip to Mexico is just what the doctor ordered. We are headed to Florida today and looking foward to some warm sunshine. Another 24 for me please. Vacation without drinking is a whole new experience! I am up to the challenge.

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

Decent morning out there, -12C (9F) clear and no wind, I'll take it!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Thanks again for a week of really great quotes Jude58! I read your post this morning first thing, then read around the forum a bit as I pondered on your quote. Something [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] said fit so well in with your quote;

Originally posted by Slo
                            my HB acts like his dad and keeps letting me know how much my abstention is ruining his good time.
                            When I first quit, I worried that my not drinking would affect those around me, that they wouldn't drink and enjoy themselves out of respect for me quitting. So I kind of went out of my way to tell them to go ahead and have a drink, it didn't bother me. I only ever had one person tell me that I was being unsociable because I refused a drink, but I held my ground. I liked what I saw in the mirror, and it didn't bother me what other people saw. That same person now has a non-alcoholic beverage to offer me when he stops in the field and everyone seems to drink a little less when I'm around. All our kids have a great time when they visit, and there's never any alcohol involved, for any of us. We usually go out for a nice restaurant meal when they are all at home and not one of the eight of us order a drink. I'm kinda proud of that now, the kids know that you don't have to drink to have fun.

So to heck with everyone around us when it comes to our quits, we are not spoiling their good time by not drinking anymore than they spoil our good time by drinking. And who knows, they just might mirror our actions in the days to come...
                            Last edited by abcowboy; January 12, 2019, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Glad to hear your supper out was great [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], a good way to end an uncomfortable and trying day for you. You got me to thinking about going out for supper, years ago I loved to go out for suppers, course it was always down at the local watering hole for a platter of hot wings and a few pitchers of beer lol. Then when I first quit, we stayed away from restaurants so I wouldn't be tempted by all the others drinking around me. Next step was going out for a meal once or twice a week, mostly I think to prove to myself and Bubba that I could do it without being tempted. Now we rarely go out, to much effort needed to clean up and change clothes, and both of us tired after a day of work lol. It's time I think to maybe go out for a meal once a week at least, gives Bubba a break from planning meals all the time...

Have a safe trip [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], enjoy your time in Florida! Remember though, no quitting on your quit eh!

Comment

5:56 am in Vegas,another 24 please,safe travels QW!
                                Last edited by paulywogg; January 12, 2019, 08:57 AM.
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X