~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION].....love Zig Ziglar quotes, sometimes they're pretty funny. I was the queen of excuses when trying to dump the booze.....amazing how the mind works!

Looking forward to another 24 and thank you!
    Last edited by Jude58; January 15, 2019, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Geez but the site is frustratingly slow, sure hope they get those upgrades done soon!

Well, I had full intentions of having yesterday afternoon to get back here to read and post, then my phone rang lol. I spent the better part of 3 hours trying to locate a new boiler for the one at the Rec Centre that sprang a big leak! Then it was off to Lloyd to pick it up, around to 3 different wholesalers to get the necessary fittings to change it out, then worked till 8 last night tearing out the old one. Heading back there right quick to start installing the new one, it'll be another long day I think. Good thing it's not to cold out, -9C, and the floor heat should have kept the building relatively warm since the cement holds the heat.

Have a great day y'all, will hopefully catch up tomorrow!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:32 am in Vegas,another 24 please
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I'll take another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I got started packing today for our trip to Mexico and will do some running around this afternoon to finish picking up a few things. We used to take school supplies, toiletry items and other things that were helpful as a tip for room service staff but now leave pesos on a daily basis.

Rava, my folks used to take a week when they drove to Florida and I think they enjoyed the drive as much as being there. For the 5 months they lived there every winter, Dad golfed, Mom shopped. They loved it!

Hope everyone is enjoying/enjoyed a great af Tuesday!

QW
            Last edited by Quit wining; January 15, 2019, 02:19 PM.
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Hi Everyone!
              Rava, that looks like such a beautiful place to be.. I love the ocean. And what a sweet little friend you have there.
              Jude, yes, I've also been the queen of excuses. But not anymore! Great quote, AB.
              Ginger, have a lovely time with your sisters. Funny to be so close to you in proximity now!
              I'm grateful to be in the middle of another 24af hours. Grateful to have all of you hear to share this journey with.:love:

Comment

X-post, QW.. how fun to pack for such a trip! Remind me when you're going? and where in Mexico? I'm like your parents.. I like the long road trips as much as the time spent in the destination places..

Comment

24 more, please and thank you.:happy2:
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Lifechange, the resort we’re going to is about halfway between Playa del Carmen and Tulum on the Mayan Riviera. This will be our 3rd time to this resort and first with our family. We leave early Saturday morning.

Road trips are the best! We’ve driven across Canada 3 times and twice across the US. One of my bucket list items is to drive Route 66, preferably in a 60’s vintage Thunderbird!

While travel is still relatively easy for Mrs QW, we’d like to see the Oregon Coast again. Amazing scenery, friendly people, fabulous seafood and spectacular photo opportunities!!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 for me please. I’m using this opportunity to recharge and stay focused on my new journey. Sobriety is awesome. Thanks ABC for the great quote today! QW I’m not so sure I like road trips. I think would prefer to fly although that has it downsides too. There is just so much traffic now that nothing is leisurely..Oh well get your bags back for Mexico! Hope you have a great time!

Comment

[MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]...glad that you are having a great vacation. Those hammocks in the sunshine look so inviting...must say that I'm a little jealous of both you and QW! :hehe:

The weather guys are now saying that it's more and more likely that we are going to be hit with a Nor'Easter this weekend, but I sure hope that they're wrong!

Put me in for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

“Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.” - Earl Nightingale

6:00am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

-15C (5F) so it's a good thing I worked late last night to get the new boiler running! Now it's to clean up the room and pack up tools lol.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:45 am in Vegas,another 24 please
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Loving my sisters being here! I'll take another 24 please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

It was very cold this morning when we walked and we had ice fog. The dog’s coat was white with frost! You couldn’t tell mine was because of my mostly white hair!

Hope everyone is enjoying an af Wednesday!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X