~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

We haven't seen our friend [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] in 8 days! I hope he pops in sometime soon.

It's all snow and cold here. A trip to Mexico sounds like an excellent plan, QW!

Are your sisters escaping colder climates while visiting with you Ginger?

24 more please and thank you.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Yes, the time does pass by anyway! Like the quote, AB.
      I'm happy to be in the middle of another af day! Hope you're all having a good one..xx

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], My sisters are from WA state where the weather is currently 35 with a winter weather advisory. The valley there is prone to inversions so they are really enjoying the sun here in AZ!

Comment

Good morning and another 24 for me please. Ginger, so glad you are having fun with your sisters! Today I’m going to get in more pool time and continue to read Alcohol Explained by William Porter. Keeps my head on straight!
          Last edited by Rava; January 17, 2019, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Where are you off to Mr. V???

Another 24please and thank you!

Comment

"The only person you need to be better than is the person you were yesterday" - Jenny Lawson

5:50am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:36 a.m in Vegas,another 24 please
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I love Jenny Lawson. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

The timing of my snow dance is off schedule by a day! Winter was supposed to hold off until were in the air Saturday. This morning there was about 3” of light, fluffy snow, being blown around by an easterly wind and temps of -14C, 7F. The current windchill is -18F, 0F. Not impressed!

Tonight is a dinner for the volunteers who sit on our youth justice committee and again this year I will be the designated driver.

Hope everyone enjoys an af Thursday!

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

January is flying by! I can see right now that this year will pass by in what seems to be a blink of the eye. Too bad the snow didn't hold off until after you hopped your plane to Mexico, QW, but at least you will be able to have a greater appreciation of your sunny, warm get away.

24 more please and thank you.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I noticed that [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] hasn't been around lately either [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], funny how we get concerned when that happens, but then again, isn't that what friends are for!

Talk about a crazy past couple of days, but that's what happens when you're a plumbing and heating contractor in these -26C (-15F) temps! Got all the emergency calls done for now, just waiting for the phone to ring again lol.

Soooo, last Friday I had my annual physical and got all my bloodwork done. The mid-year Doc visit is just for my thyroid, but the annual is for full blood work-up and colon cancer screening. Got home this afternoon and had a message to call the Doc about my bloodwork results. I hate when he does that! He should give me a brief message about what's causing his concern so I don't have to come apart at the seams worrying about what's wrong lol. Anyway, after calling him back, I have to get back in to see him about my border-line high risk cholesterol reading. Looks like I'll have a do-or-die reason to quit smoking now and probably a new diet. Hopefully that will get it under control without resorting to meds...
                        Last edited by abcowboy; January 17, 2019, 05:44 PM.
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Originally posted by @abcowboy
                          Anyway, after calling him back, I have to get back in to see him about my border-line high risk cholesterol reading. Looks like I'll have a do-or-die reason to quit smoking now and probably a new diet. Hopefully that will get it under control without resorting to meds...
                          Thant's an example of: "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!" I have found that exercise is a big help, too. Nothing strenuous, just a brisk walk will do. If I am not mistaken, Cowboy, I believe I'm up for QD (quotation duty) starting Sunday. Correct me if I'm wrong.

24 more please, and thank you.
                          Last edited by dill; January 18, 2019, 06:55 AM.
                          Dill

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION].....high cholesterol levels are nothing to fool with. Quitting smoking is a huge step in the right direction! We kinda like having you around here, so please take care of yourself!

Winter storm warnings are up, and we're expecting 1-2 feet of snow with high winds and frigid temperatures. [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] can I go to Mexico with you and Mrs. QW??? :radiate:

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

24 for me please and thanks! Abc I’m glad the news wasn’t terrible. This might be the ticket for giving up the cigarettes. I quit smoking 30 years ago and it was not easy. Your cholesterol can be controlled by diet and exercise for the most part. This might be the best news you could get for this new year! Hope everyone has a great day. Another day in the hammock for me! QW, Mexico can’t get here fast enough!

Comment

"Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy." - Norman Vincent Peale

5:50am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                                [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going o be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X