No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're right [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], you're up for QD on Sunday! I like that QD lol.

That's a lot of snow [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], must be that lake effect thingy...

When do you head out [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], and when do you head for home [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]?

Off to the dollar store today [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]? You should get hubs to do corn on the cob on the smoker, very tasty!!

Yep, smoking will have to go! Exercise isn't my downfall, between my job and Hank, I get plenty of that lol. Bubba and I tend to eat healthy meals, but I think it's what I eat between meals that's causing me the grief haha...
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Be safe out there in that wintery weather.

Comment

6:06 am in Vegas,another 24 please
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hola amigos!

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Our flight takes off at 8 tomorrow morning. Of course we’re expected to do the “hurry up and wait” routine at the airport, arriving 3 hours before departure. We’ll see. One other time we did this and were there 60 minutes before the agents showed up. They thought it was funny.

I’m so looking forward to finding a chaise lounge or maybe a hammock like Rava had and just soaking up some rays.

Had an enjoyable dinner last evening with my youth justice committee members. Not one alcoholic beverage was consumed!

As time and technology allows, I’ll check in from Mexico next week.

QW

Forgot a couple of things..... Jude, the list is long of people who want to join us in Mexico! And Cowboy, giving up cigarettes would be excellent for your health! I bet Bubba is 100% behind you and will be a huge support. You gave up al, you can give up smoking.
          Last edited by Quit wining; January 18, 2019, 12:46 PM.
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Have a great time, QW!
            I'm in for another 24 hours, please and thank you very much.. for all of us!xx

Comment

I'll take another 24 thank you!

Comment

Another 24 for me please and thanks. Have a safe trip QW. We start driving home next Saturday. So I have another full week to do nothing! Yesterday I watched the sunset with my granddaughter. Probably going to do the same thing again tonight.
                Last edited by Rava; January 19, 2019, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Safe travels, QW! Enjoy!
                  Thanks for the pic, [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]. It was gorgeous.
                  Believing in oneself is sometimes difficult, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] but it is essential to getting anywhere in life. Thanks for another good quote.

24 more, please and thank you.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

“Where there is a will, there is a way. If there is a chance in a million that you can do something, anything, to keep what you want from ending, do it. Pry the door open or, if need be, wedge your foot in that door and keep it open.” - Pauline Kael

6:00am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

6:12 am in Vegas,another 24 please
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Beautiful pic [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! If I took a pic out our window right now all you would see is snow! We’ve got a good old Alberta blizzard blowing hard out there!

Good thing Bubba took a turkey out last night, can’t think of a better way to spend the evening than watching the blizzard and eating roast turkey with all the trimmings!
                          Last edited by abcowboy; January 19, 2019, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Another 24 for me please and thanks. QW must be in Mexico by now soaking in the warm weather! Hope everyone has a great Sunday!
                            Last edited by Rava; January 20, 2019, 06:11 AM.

Comment

"Life belongs to the living, and he who lives must be prepared for change."
                              ~ Johann von Goeth

Some change creeps up on you without your being aware, like changing from a person who has control over alcohol into one who has none. That's an easy change. It's the change that it is more intentional, like becoming and remaining af that is difficult, but keeps us among the living. And altho that change is difficult, it is joyful and rewarding having our selves back!

Winter storm hit last night. The wind was fierce. I'm glad it is calm now but it is only 15F at the moment and the temp will be going down all day. But it's definitely a darn good day not to drink!
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Excellent quote [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! Identifying the problem and making the necessary changes to overcome it are the keys to a life without booze.

Lots of snow here as well with a wind chill of minus 15-20°F. All of the local churches have cancelled Mass this morning! Haven't seen that in a long time!

Thanks for the quotes last week [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], you always come up with some good ones!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X