Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

For the Sky Watchers:

There will be a total lunar eclipse and a super moon tonight. A very rare event. Fingers crossed for clear skies!

Total lunar eclipse meets supermoon Sunday night
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:20am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

for me this morning! And it'll be with insulated coveralls on as it's -17C (1F) with a wind blowing. At least it finally stopped snowing!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

I agree Dill, today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Think I'll have breakfast before shoveling snow, then I'll warm up and read/post some more...

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

My sisters fly out today at noon. I'm sure going to miss them. What a great AF visit.

I'll have another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

6:09 am in Vegas,another 24 please!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

[MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], I'm sorry your sisters had to leave. Seems like the visit was so short! At least you'll have your memories of it since al could not rob you of them! Do your sisters drink at all, or were they also af during the visit?
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Quick fly by today.. Happy to be in the middle of 24 af hours. Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday..xx

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], little sis drinks but big sis really never has since she was experimenting in high school. There was never AL in our home growing up. Not sure what happened to me!

Comment

Digging out from over a foot of snow, -2°F, and I don't even want to know what the wind chill is!

Another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

"Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you."
                      - Ralph Waldo Emerson

[MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], I think we are all wondering what happened to us! LOL

It's difficult to make the most of yourself when you are playing second fiddle to alcohol. That's another reason to smash that bottle up against the wall and allow yourself to come back to life and live the best life you can!

Hopefully asking for 24 more, please and thank you.
                      Last edited by dill; January 21, 2019, 06:51 AM.
                      Dill

Comment

Howdy and I will talk another 24 please. Ginger, glad you had a good visit with your sisters. My daughter and granddaughter leave today after 3 great days of being together. My granddaughter and I worked on a puzzle and finished it last night around 9 pm. So great to be AF again. Thanks for the great quote Dill. I hope all you folks with snow stay warm and dont have to shovel too much!

Comment

I forgot to mention earlier that I did get to see the full moon last night as the sky was crystal clear. It was huge! I did not stay up to watch the eclipse tho. Rough day yesterday and I was tuckered out. Our watering system for the cows went on the fritz which meant that Mr. D was out working on the problem in the freezing cold temps yesterday afternoon. I couldn't let him work out there all by himself, so even tho I know nothing about his system I went out and helped as best I could. It was bitter cold and we were out there in the wind trying to get the water flow to the tank back up. Water, wind and temps in the tees..... talk about miserable! The problem is not solved and we have round two today. [MENTION=7678]abc[/MENTION]owboy, why do things like that happen at the worst possible times?!!! Anyway, going outside last night to view the moon was not in my agenda after that!
                          Last edited by dill; January 21, 2019, 08:39 AM. Reason: spelling
                          Dill

Comment

5:50am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

5:42 am in Vegas,another 24 please
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good Morning All! A chilly 40 degrees (F) in central Florida right now but so much warmer than the rest of North America.

Cowboy — breakfast for the house on me today! Five years ago today I was completely broken, alone, hungover (again) and disgusted with myself. It was indeed my low point. I googled “how to stop drinking” and came here. I really really wanted my life trajectory to change - and looking back over five years, wow - I couldn’t have imagined today. MWO, determination, posting/sharing the ups, downs, and in betweens, learning from all those who do the same, has taught me (1) humility- okay, maybe not all the time as this is a bit of a shameless post :-) but at least humble enough to consider what those who post here can teach me (2) courage - it’s okay, even good! to ask for, and accept, and offer help and most of all (3) gratitude to YOU ALL who do the same and keep this sobriety option alive!

So, pile is on today please Cowboy and top everything with an extra sprinkle of luv from moi.

And....I will take another 24 too. Cuz I know I’m still just one drink from drunk and TODAY I will not drink.

Hugs - Marylou
                                Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X