~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Happy hump day! It's only 37 here this morning. Only 58 today. Heading back to the 70 though. Bring it on!

I'll have another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Well, I've been fighting with my cheap Acer convertible laptop the past couple of days! Had to post using my iPad and I hate that thing, so kept my posts to a bare minimum. Thought it had something to do with a Windows upgrade, so did a system restore but it didn't help. Had no mouse pointer and couldn't use the keyboard, so had a heck of a time even getting it started! Finally figured that it must be the hinge switch that changes keyboards from laptop to tablet mode. As long as I use it as a tablet with the on-screen keyboard it works just fine. Very frustrating couple of days though...

Didn't get much chance to speak on your great quotes [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], but you're right, today's pretty much sums up what we all go through. That split second when we wonder "should I or shouldn't I" and the decision comes too quickly in that split second. Then there's a couple of minutes of second guessing, but usually we go with the split second decision. That decision ultimately defines where our immediate future is headed....so it's entirely up to us to make the right decision even if we have to wrestle with it for a few moments....
      Last edited by abcowboy; January 23, 2019, 10:05 PM.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I think that you've hit the nail on the head [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. If we can wait out the urges and not act on them immediately, our chances of saying no to that first drink are greatly increased.

Has anyone heard from Mr. V????

Committed to another 24 and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 please and thanks.

Comment

"Don't bother to just be better than others. Try to be better than yourself."
            - William Faulkner

That's some solid advice. Comparing ourselves to others and trying to be better than others is the wrong way to go. We need to work on ourselves first and foremost.

24 more please.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:15am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'll take another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:43 am in Vegas,another 24 please
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thought I'd checked in yesterday! Great quotes, Dill.. thank you!
                    I'm in for another 24 af hours with all of you!

Comment

I don't have to re-type how much that quote means to me (and all the rest of us) [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! I snuck over and copied this from a previous post of mine. Now that's being lazy lol.

Originally posted by me
                      I'd like to just take a moment to talk to those who haven't reached a year yet. I'm going to stress again that this is undoubtedly one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life! I'm a pretty stubborn, determined kind of guy, but the booze kept beating me down. I joined 4 or 5 sobriety forums, went to AA, talked for hours with my Uncle, yet Mr Budweiser always came out on top! I remember reading and congratulating those before me who reached 1 year, 2 years, and more, and felt ashamed that I wasn't good enough to get to that stage. What was I doing wrong?? And there were times when I just plain gave up, resigned myself to the fact that I'd always be a drunk. But here I am, 4 years sober. Don't ever compare yourself to the people around you, just keep at it and never give up! Just like our drinking habits were different, so too will our journey to sobriety be different. What works for one may not work for another, but never think you can't do it! We all have a final quit in us, keep trying until you find yours! It may not come tomorrow, maybe not even next week, but trust me when I say this, if you never give up, it will come!

Comment

Good morning. Another 24 for me please.

Comment

Morning cafe! Cold here but no snow falling from the sky, and I'm grateful for that!

Another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
                            ~Aristotle

I would substitute "informed" for "educated" in that quote, or maybe just "determined". But it is so very true that once the thought of a drink pops into mind, one does not have to accept it and run with it. It can be mulled over and then left to disappear and replaced with other thoughts.

Have you worked out your problem with your tablet yet [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] or are you still having to use it in tablet mode? I find typing on the screen to be difficult. I believe I would have to get that switch fixed if it isn't too expensive. I don't use our iPad because when I do I have to use the onscreen keyboard. I use my Surface Pro for all my internet activities.

Are you missing your sisters [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]? I bet you are.

24 more, please.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:05am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

Just below freezing out there this morning, supposed to get well above freezing for the next couple of days with snow, freezing rain, and rain in the forecast!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Using my Acer as a tablet [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I actually prefer tablet mode when I'm sitting in my recliner chair in the morning, then switch it to laptop mode if I'm at the desk or table. I'd use my iPad if it had a full on-screen keyboard, I need the up/down back/forth arrows to fix all my typos lol. Don't think this Acer is worth repairing though, only paid $300 for it 6 years ago, might get out the WD40 and give the hinges a spray lol.

Agree with you on the thoughts for sure! Imagine all the trouble we'd get into if we acted on all our thoughts!

Comment

Working...
                                X