• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

6:05 am in Vegas,another 24 please
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I do miss my sisters but we've planned two trips for when I return so those plans will keep me looking forward! Glad to be here and asking for another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 for me please. We got up a 1:30 am to drive the last of the way home. Wow I would have NEVER done that in my old life. Its nice to drive without all the traffic. Hope everyone has a great day.

Comment

Safe travels [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! Another 24 for me as well!!

Comment

"Awesome not to spend every weekend drunk and finding creative ways to hide it. "
            -Rava 1/4/18

Truer words have never been spoken.

I'm looking forward to having my granddaughter overnight tonight. We haven't seen her for weeks now due to bad travel caused by weather on the weekends. Looks like we'll have spaghetti for dinner, with peas. One of her favorites.

So, a joyful 24 hours please and thank you. Wishing a simple and sweet af Saturday to everyone!
            Last edited by dill; January 26, 2019, 06:23 AM.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:30am in Alberta, I'm in for another 24 as well please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:39 am in Vegas,another 24 please
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Great quotes this week [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! I like how you always manage to find a quote from a member to use!

Have a safe trip home [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], and as you asked, just a reminder that you start your week of quotes tomorrow...

We're off to Veg today to take the in-laws out for dinner to celebrate their anniversary. It was on Wednesday, 54 years, but we always go over on the weekend. Hopefully we'll get there and back before the freezing rain gets here! The father-in-law never gets a hamburger and fries at home, so that's what he looks forward to when we go out lol.

Spaghetti and peas [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]? Guess that sounds good too! I usually always put peas in when I make turkey and rice soup.
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I agree, that was a great week of quotes, Dill.. thank you. How's the kombucha coming along?
                    Wishing everyone a nice af weekend! I'm in for 24 more hours..
                    Last edited by lifechange; January 26, 2019, 09:20 AM.

Comment

So I had my follow-up appointment with the Doc yesterday and as I figured, I got a new diet to follow along with a stern warning to quit smoking. I showed him my pack of Nicorette gum and he gave me the thumbs up lol. 2 months of the lifestyle changes, then back in for another test...

I think it was about 20 years ago when I had really, really high blood pressure. My doc at that time put me on a strictly vegetable and fruit diet. I was allowed one meal of fish, and 4 ounces of chicken a week, nothing else! And of course had to cut down on my drinking and quit smoking. If I didn't accept that, then I'd have to go on a regime of meds to try and get it under control. After a week, I'd had enough, I wasn't about to live the rest of my life never again being able to enjoy the things I loved and I didn't want to be a pill popper. So Bubba got to researching herbal remedies for high blood pressure, and I went back to eating the things I wanted but starting taking Hawthorn Berry and St John's Wort. At my follow-up appointment, my blood pressure was back to normal. I stayed on the herbs for a while till my blood pressure actually started to get too low. Then I just kind of watched my diet and carried on as usual. Turns out Hawthorn Berry is really good for lowering cholesterol, so it'll be back down to the Health Food store for me! But the reminder to eat healthy and the dangers of smoking is always good I think.
                      Last edited by abcowboy; January 26, 2019, 09:30 AM.

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], high blood pressure was my reason for going vegetarian years ago. Those bp numbers came right down along with cholesterol numbers. Now I try to stick as close to vegan as possible. It's not for everybody but it sure is for me! Good luck with the changes, Cowboy. I know you can do It!

Happy AF weekend everyone. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

[MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], I made a good batch of kombucha but as it turned out, Mr. D would not drink it. He was fearful of the whole process and whether or not it was safe. Seeing it on the counter with the starter floating around in it turned him off to it. Also, he has a health condition and can't risk any kind of infection. He read on the internet that home brewed kombucha can be unsafe. I wasn't going to force the issue. And as for myself, I decided I didn't like the taste of it. So, it was a one shot deal for our household!

I didn't know about the Hawthorne berry for high bp and I appreciate the mention [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. I'm going to research it. My girlfriend had elevated cholesterol but didn't want to take pills for it so she started on red yeast rice. It seemed to do the trick for her. How is the Nicorette gum going? Is it helping?

I'm up early for some reason. I'm enjoying the extra hour of early morning peace. It's my favorite time of day.

24 more please and thank you.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hello! Thanks for the info about the Hawthorne Berry ABC. I am also going to research it. My husband has blood pressure issues that is not maintained very well although he exercises and eats well. I hope you do well with the nicorette. I chewed that stuff for almost 2 years but I did quit smoking many many years ago after using it. Its nice to be back from vacation. 2 long days of driving is incredible hard. Believe it or not, I’m sore from sitting so long. Never knew that to happen before but then again I have never been this old before! Hope everyone has a great Sunday.

Comment

Thanks for the quote [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]....another good one!
                              [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]..mornings are also my favorite time of the day.....nothing like the peace and quiet with that first cup of coffee!

How are you doing on the not smoking thing [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]? There is a site called Quit Train which you might find helpful. I've been smoking on and off for the past few years after being smoke free for over 20 years. I need to stop! Wanna be my quit buddy?

I'll take another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

6:05am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

Quite the wind howling out there, but it's 4C (40F)!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                                [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X