No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time for breakfast! Notice I only took 1 piece of bacon and held it to 2 eggs lol.

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I've been on the gum and off the smokes a week tomorrow. It was Bubba's birthday last Monday so I figured it was a good day to quit. I quit drinking on my birthday, so quitting smoking on her birthday seemed fitting. For some reason this time around is going better, not sure why, but I'm not experiencing the cravings too bad, and when I do I just grab a piece of gum. You might as well join me [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] and we can beat this together!

I was never one much for herbal remedies, but after what they did for my blood pressure, I'm a believer. Herbs are a hit and miss thing, kind of like having a sobriety plan, what works for one might not work for another, but ya got to give it a shot right.

Good quote to start the week [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! I don't often think about my drinking anymore, I've done about all I can to make amends for who I was back then. And I don't often think too far into the future, a week at most. But if I live each day being accountable for my actions without regrets, then I figure I'm doing something right...
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:47 am in Vegas,another 24 please
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I'll take another 24, please and thank you! Enjoy your Sunday everyone. Off too Superior, AZ for what they call their "Annual Home Tour". This town is pretty much abandoned since the mine closed back in the 80s. This should be interesting!

Comment

I am very tired this evening at the end of 24 af hours!
            Looking forward to another 24 tomorrow..xx

Comment

Thought this was a good one to make us realize that our futures are more important than our past. We have all come a long way to get where we are. ABC Good job on the quitting smoking!!! As you know that days will rack up! Ginger, take a few pics of the abandoned place if you can. I would love to see one! Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please!

Comment

9°F under clear skies, but thankfully no wind!

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

Thanks for the good reminder [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]. It's important to keep the past where it belongs. It never helps to dwell on the past, but it is important to take lessons from it and sometimes review them to prevent a repeat. A good example of that being the technique of playing the thought of "a drink" thru to it's true end....

We had a great time with our granddaughter. She loves helping with the cows so Mr. D let her climb up on the tractor and ride along with him as he got the round bales and set them out. He gave her the job of counting the cows and she came up one short. There was one young calf missing. She sat on her tractor perch and scanned the whole pasture and saw it asleep inside an emptied round bale feeder! It got itself in there but couldn't figure its way out! LOL Granddaughter and Mr. D got it out from there and then got the bales and placed them. Gdaughter was chuffed and felt like she saved the day! So precious.

24 more please and thank you.
                  Last edited by dill; January 28, 2019, 07:24 AM.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:15am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

5:34 am in Vegas,another 24 please
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good quote [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], and for me it hit home when I read [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]'s post. Got me to thinking back when Bubba and I were raising horses. We had 12 brood mares and 3 studs, so when foaling season ended there were 27 horses to keep track of. As the foals grew they loved to jump in and out of the empty bale feeders, and the best time was late evening just before the sun set as they did lots of running, jumping, and kicking.

I remember now that I watched my alcohol consumption during foaling season. Funny how I was more concerned about the horses and foals than I was of myself and those I loved. But the evenings were the best, sitting outside with a few cold Budweiser's or a bottle of Jack and watching the foals play. I'd like to relive those days but substitute the booze with a coffee or tea instead!
                        Last edited by abcowboy; January 28, 2019, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Great quote and reflections today. Thanks, Rava.

Home tour was great. The tour consisted of eight refurbished homes from the late 1,800s. When we first visited this town a few years back, it was all but dead. A few developers from Phoenix are bringing it back to life but keeping everything historic. It made me so happy to see this! Great AF day to enjoy the weather, town and history of the area.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Dill, great memory with your husband and granddaughter. Ginger, Glad you enjoyed your tour and ABC sounds like you had a good time watching those horses back in the day. Substituting with coffee or tea sounds nice but we all know it could never be the same. Please sign me up for another 24.

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                              [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                              Last edited by abcowboy; January 29, 2019, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Committed to another 24 and so very grateful!

Comment

Working...
                                X