~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Hi Cafe. Now ABC, I checked in late today to see what was for breakfast. I will take the croissant and coffee with lots of fancy creamer. Thanks for sharing. Welcome MinStar. The 30 day Alcohol Experiment is what helped me most in my last and final quit. Its totally free and provides lots of resources for you to work on throughout your 30 days. You actually journal and follow along. Extremely helpful and shows you other ways to cope with your cravings. It also works on your confidence level by encouraging you to not beating yourself up over your guilt and shame about drinking. Good luck on this journey. The fact that you came back here is all good!!! Once you set your mind to it, anything is possible!! Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

They were predicting snowmegeddon back home in the Pacific northwest and boy they got it! My sons report drifts of snow 9 feet deep from the 50 mile an hour winds. Hopefully, it will slow down today! We aren't used to that sort of thing even on the eastside where we live.

Great quote and reminder to stay present in the moment! I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Great quote [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] from the mindfulness reading and watching I’ve done over the last three years ( you wouldn’t believe I am into yoga and meditation) I have come across similar quotes. We spend our whole life living in the past and the future when all we have is the present. [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] you wouldn’t believe I signed up for AE last summer after reading her book. Never followed up on it and have come back to listening to her on you tube just this week [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] gosh that’s a lot of snow!
        Have great Sunday all.

Comment

I just finished helping our granddaughter make her Valentine Box. :heartbeat: I cannot believe that we are already nearing the halfway point for February 2019! If all I have is the present [MENTION=16215]MinStar[/MENTION] then I am in trouble because it seems to be going by at light speed!

Thanks for the excellent reminder about accepting what we need to do with grace and a good attitude [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]. You reminded me of that song in Mary Poppins about a spoonful of sugar....

Hey [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], that was a splendid breakfast! I don't know how you found the time!

24 more, please and thank you.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] it is true. Life speeds up as you think about the past and worry about the future. With the kids I TRY to be mindful and enjoy the moments of quiet when we can. Life will always be busy- clubs shopping cooking cleaning filling petrol (my pet hate) bed sheets homework. But as [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] said bringing joy into it changes it. A small example I can share if I may. My daughters school run in the morning can be a 35min drive. Factor in traffic and parking up dropping her in and back home means it can be at worse 2hours. I hates it. Anxiety ramps up. Frustration of traffic. I switched from listening to radio and crap commercials telling me I wasn’t good enough or needing something to make me complete to the journey to listening to Harry Potter , Classic fairy tales, Narnia etc. More enjoyable for kids and me. On the way back I have spiritual and self help books I listen to for myself. All in all a better journey. Now need to apply my own advice to the rest of the day.

Thanks for the breakfast [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]

Comment

ANother 24 for me please and thanks!

Comment

Thanks for sharing, [MENTION=16215]MinStar[/MENTION]. I was blown away by the idea that you spend a minimum of an hour and 15 minutes driving your daughter to school. Do you pick her up in the afternoon as well? Well done to you switching from the anxiety producing radio feed to something more uplifting! I loved the Harry Potter series and read every one. I actually read one or two of them twice if you count the fact that I would read a chapter or two at night while drinking so then had to re-read them the next day...

My granddaughter enjoyed making her Valentine box. I am so glad I got to enjoy that with her altho I wish she were able to do such things with her mother as would be the natural order of things. D*#n addiction!

I had my window open a crack a couple nights ago [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. In the middle of the night a pack of coyotes made such a ruckus in the front woods! It was eerie! I'm not a fan of that sound but it is nice I will admit to hear it when you are lying safe in a warm bed inside a brick house!

Wow, [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! What a lot of snow! Have you heard an update from your sons today?

24 more, please and thank you.
                Last edited by dill; February 11, 2019, 06:32 AM.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] I know what you mean about having to re-read. I’ve been there. Glad you enjoyed the HP series and that you got to make a valentines box with your GD

Can I have 24 please.

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

6:20am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                      [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=16215]MinStar[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:40 am,another 24 please
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Well dang it all, got to dig out my shorts, flip-flops, and lawn chair, it’s only -22C (-8F) out there this morning! A one day reprieve from the breath-taking cold, then the temp plummets again tonight. And what happens when it warms up overnight? It snows, that’s what happens. But looks like only about 3” to shovel. I can’t even imagine 9’ drifts [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], I think the biggest we’ve ever had was around 5’, and that was years ago.

How did your weekend go [MENTION=16215]MinStar[/MENTION]? The quote that [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] had yesterday holds the key to lasting sobriety, you have to want to be sober more than you want to drink. Once you get that idea firmly planted in your mind, and really believe it, the journey will get a lot easier. That’s how it worked for me anyway, until I was sick and tired of my drinking and really wanted to quit I kept going back to the booze every time an excuse came around…

I think your granddaughter is a pretty lucky lady [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. It would be nice if her mom was present for her, but having a gramma like you is the next best thing!

Well, it’s me and Hank again for the day. The roads were pretty slippery yesterday and it prevented Bubba from getting home. With the warm up and snow, the ploughs should be out this morning cleaning and sanding the highway so Bubba should be able to get home this afternoon!
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Morning all! Another great week ahead, if we choose to make it one.

Another day of snow back home. Total accumulation was between 19-24 inched. It was those 50mph winds that piled it into 10 ft drifts. So uncommon for our area. Cool here in AZ too. Only 56° today but sun. Great time for a hike but hubs doesn't seem interested. We will see (:

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

[MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] I can’t even imagine that much snow and still a working town. A little dusting here and the whole city comes to a standstill. Heck even if it’s a few leaves in autumn it does the same.
                              [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. Glad Bubba will be able to get home. Enjoy your day with Hank. Weekend was tough but yesterday I just didn’t want to drink. Sick of it. Didn’t want to waste time thinking about it. Felt like I just didn’t care about it any more. The anxiety didn’t kick in either. I’m back into my Yoga Nidra meditation today and feel better about my anxiety and not giving thoughts to drinking. Have frozen pizza for kids to have a quick dinner tonight. Plan is to do more meditation and read and post here.

Off on school run in a bit so a few minutes MinStar time and off I go.

Have a good 24h gang.

Comment

[MENTION=16215]MinStar[/MENTION], your description of your area sounds like Seattle. They got 6 inches in this current storm and it nearly shut them down. Their snow usually comes in the form of water. Lol Now that they are used to!

Comment

Working...
                                X