~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Grandkids are the best. We have six. Three under 10. Those are the fun years in my opinion. Still lots of fun stuff to teach them. The three older ones are 19, 20 and 24. They are so busy with school and work, we don't see them as much. Now I'm even more homesick. LOL We will see them all the first week in April! YAY

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

So great to read about grandkids. Our grandson is 6, our granddaughter 4. Mrs QW and a lot of people with Parkinson’s have what’s called the Parkinson mask, caused by a change in facial expression. Our grandson noticed this one day and said, “You’re not as smart as my other Granny are you”! And one day I had to speak to our granddaughter in a stern voice. She smiled at me and said “I sure love you Granddad”. She’s had me wrapped around her little finger since the day she was born.

I read an interesting story about the fastest growing group of alcoholics - mommies who “need” their Mommie Juice. How sad.

And, on the news this morning was a story about people making plans for St. Patrick’s Day. Guess any excuse to get drunk, eh?

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

No plans for St. Patrick's Day here, except to enjoy it sober! I never was one to drink green beer, even if it's alcohol free! I like a whole lot of things about the Irish people and my part-Irish heritage, but the tendency toward alcoholism is not one of them. I love the Irish wit and their love of music, laughter, song and stories. I love their blessings and toast and folklore, etc. But the love of drink, not so much.

24 more, please and thank you.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

No plans for us either tomorrow re: St Patrick’s. The Women’s World Curling Championship started today and we’ll watch what games we can because of the time difference as Denmark is hosting this year. And The Player’s PGA Championship is also on this weekend, so there’s plenty to keep me busy and not worry about green beer!

And with +7C (45F) for a high today, the top sirloin moose steaks are in the marinade getting ready for the smoker!!
          Last edited by abcowboy; March 16, 2019, 03:50 PM.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], an Irish buddy of mine told me one evening while sipping some beer, his favourite Irish blessing - May the wind at your back never be your own!

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Sorry I missed my last quote yesterday! I did read a nice thought for the day, about self care, that I thought I'd share.
              ""Rest when you’re tired. Take a drink of cold water when you’re thirsty. Call a friend when you’re lonely. Ask God to help when you feel overwhelmed.
              Many of us have learned how to deprive and neglect ourselves. Many of us have learned to push ourselves hard, when the problem is that we’re already pushed too hard.
              Many of us are afraid the work won’t get done if we rest when we’re tired. The work will get done; it will be done better than work that emerges from tiredness of soul and spirit. Nurtured, nourished people, who love themselves and care for themselves, are the delight of the Universe.
              They are well timed, efficient, and Divinely led. Today, I will practice loving self-care.""

Let us not forget loving self care! Can't wait for brekkie, AB!
              I'm in for another 24 af hours..

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Making corned beef and cabbage today and babysitting yet another set of grandkids! Hope everyone has a great day! Happy St. Paddy’s Day. #nogreenbeerforme

Comment

6:05am in Alberta, 24 more for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

A little cooler this morning -10C (14F), bit it's going to be a beautiful sunny day well above freezing.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Breakfast will be out in a bit, these darn things are tough to do lol.

Comment

27F with a little sun.
                      The St. Paddy's day parade was yesterday here, always a big event.
                      Near 100 % Irish here according to those DNA tests. I didn't take one, but one of my brothers did. But, I already knew that, lol. One of my great grandmothers was born in Ireland. Our clan came over late 1800's, and both sides of the family through Canada first. Mrs. V is near 100% German, with one side of her family arriving in the states in the late 1600's, according to research her dad did before he passed away.
                      Working today, the first game of our new Major league soccer team. Sold out game.
                      24 more here please.

Comment

Okay, got the hang of it and got them coming out of the pan, breakfast is served!

Comment

“Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
                          ~ Ernest Hemingway

Happy St. Patrick's day everyone!

Thanks for breakfast cowboy, can't wait till it's done!

No corned beef and cabbage for me today......had enough of it growing up. :apthy:

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Green text, and Irish eggs, y'all getting too fancy for me , lol!

Comment

Got to do something special for the Irishman in the group Mr V! lol

Thanks for the great quotes and reflections this past week [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]! I hoped they helped you settle into your sobriety a bit more :hug:

Geez, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! I wouldn't ever consider what your quote this morning suggests! Ever wonder where one might be if it ever happened??

Comment

6:09 am in Vegas,another 24 please
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X