Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Mrs QW and I have decided it’s time to move into living accommodations without stairs so today will partly be spent checking out online what’s available. I’ve noticed the Parkinson’s is progressing, slowly thank goodness, but a move to a condo will make an improvement in quality of life. What amazes me from some preliminary searching is how many condos and bungalows have 1, 2 or 3 flights of stairs! Am I missing something?
    I hate moving - I’d rather have a root canal with no anesthetic - but we have too much stuff and a downsizing will eliminate that situation.

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy St. Patrick's Day. The new neighbors had a huge party night before last to celebrate. Lots of AL. Things were pretty quiet over there yesterday until around noon. All I could think was, "thank goodness I'm not one of them". We are too old to recover from that much AL.

QW, wish I was closer to help you with that move. I love down sizing!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you.
      Last edited by Ginger999; March 17, 2019, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Hey QW, I sure can understand not wanting to move, but it's definitely a smart thing that you and Mrs. QW are being realistic and proactive. And I share your enthusiasm for downsizing, Ginger. I wish I could convince Mr. D that we should be doing that. It's harder and harder to keep up with the upkeep of this place! Our problem is that we hate to give up the land that goes with the house. I just hope we don't foolishly wait until too late and we are physically unable to deal with the move. I don't want to burden our kids with that!

Thanks for that great quote Jude! Very humorous but at the same time true. Better than keeping your mouth shut, the best advice would be to simply not drink and that way you can talk all you want!

Thanks for that special breakfast, Cowboy. Great touch of green to celebrate the day!

Wishing you a rainbow
        For sunlight after showers—
        Miles and miles of Irish smiles
        For golden happy hours—
        Shamrocks at your doorway
        For luck and laughter too,
        And a host of friends that never ends
        Each day your whole life through!

Wishing us all another 24!
        Last edited by dill; March 17, 2019, 10:42 AM.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Thanks for the green breakfast ABC. Yummy. QW downsizing can be wonderful . Watch those condo fees. That’s what scares me about those. We downsized to a single story house in a little community with virtually no land. I like having my own place with no condo fees. Just community fees for the pool, etc. But they are reasonable. Hope everyone has a great Monday. Another 24 for me please.

Comment

Alcohol ruined me financially and morally, broke my heart and the hearts of too many others. Even though it did this to me and it almost killed me and I haven't touched a drop of it in seventeen years, sometimes I wonder if I could get away with drinking some now. I totally subscribe to the notion that alcoholism is a mental illness because thinking like that is clearly insane.

Craig Ferguson

Another 24 please thank you!

Comment

Thanks for that powerful quote. I can just hear Craig saying that! He's one of the people whose openness about his drinking and his willingness to share so publicly has been a tremendous help to me and to countless others I'm sure. It's a mental problem, that's for certain. I think some of the drugs that have been developed to help fight it work in the brain to block the positive rush that alcohol provides. Mental. There are other aspects, of course but most of the problem centers in the brain.

Rava, your downsizing choice sounds like a good one and one that suits you and Mr. R well. If I could ever convince Mr. D of our need to downsize I would like to move to a neighborhood in town into a small ranch-style home...everything on one level, but with a basement for safety and maybe a shop for Mr. D. I think it is funny how things change. I used to hate ranch-style houses! LOL I thought they had no "character'. We bought a house with loads of character. But you know what? Character houses take a lot of maintenance! Ranch style houses look really good to me now!

I believe the first day of Spring is coming up!

24 more, please.
              Last edited by dill; March 18, 2019, 06:10 AM.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Fly-by check-in this morning.
                24 more please

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

Hovering at the freezing mark this morning, a steady warming trend all this week!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:44 am in Vegas, another 24 please Dill,I'm with you on wanting a ranch style house,all big and spread out on one level,there's plenty on my side of town,some even are zoned for horses! They just don't build those much anymore but I always tease my kids it would be great cuz they could have one side,we'd take the other and split bills haha
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Powerful quote! It is a brain thing. AL actually starts to kill the frontal cortex after prolonged use. Fortunately, after quitting your brain begins to restore itself. Whew! I need my frontal cortex.

I love your communal living idea, [MENTION=975]polly[/MENTION]wogg. My sister's and I have always said that's what we'd do. Pool our money and live together, if we ever found ourselves husbandless.

We head home to start construction on our 960 sq ft, 2bedx2bath single story "age in place" home. It's just a few miles from all three sons. It will be our summer place. This will be a busy, fun summer!

Glad to be here and asking for another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you. Day 21, $315 not wasted.

Off to scout out a few neighbourhoods. I’d love a ranch style house but don’t expect to find any in our price range. Having someone else do the landscaping and especially snow removal has tons of appeal. Condo fees can be scary. We have a friend who recently had a second cash call to pay for repairs on the building she lives in that were necessary because of shoddy workmanship. And that was on top of the regular common element expenses she pays.

Hope everyone enjoys an af Monday, unhung, unlike many St Patty’s Day revellers!

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Great quote, Jude.. I also really like Craig.
                          I'm at the end of another 24 af hours.. ready for bed!
                          see you all tomorrow..

Comment

Put me into the agree column [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! Self-inflicted insanity, pure and simple as it gets!
                            Last edited by abcowboy; March 18, 2019, 05:58 PM.
                            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning and another 24 for me please! Hope everyone has a great day!

Comment

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."

Mark Twain

Love ranch houses.....the older we get, the more we should simplify!I

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X