~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Oh yeah....day 8, no smokes. I quit cold turkey.Thank you Allen Carr!
    Last edited by Jude58; March 19, 2019, 06:31 AM.

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

It's above freezing this morning and I saw my first gopher yesterday so spring is sprung!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Last edited by abcowboy; March 19, 2019, 06:58 AM.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great job on the smokes [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! And let's all keep up the good fight in whatever we're trying to quit!

It was 25 years ago today that my 34 year old younger brother passed away from a massive heart attack. Not feeling much sadness, mostly gratitude for the time I got to spend with him while he was with us. I guess there is a bit of sadness as I would like to have known the kind of man he would have become and sadly the times I remember being with him revolved around alcohol. He wasn't a heavy drinker, but when "big brother" travelled home from Alberta to visit there was always a celebration of sorts. He was a rum and coke drinker, and after his funeral when everyone had left the house, dad, me, and my other 2 brothers headed down to the Legion. We sat at a table for 4, pulled up an extra chair and leaned it forward on the table. When the waitress came, we ordered our drinks and an extra rum and coke for Daryl's chair. We each had one more, and set another one in front of the extra chair. When we left, I went up to pay the tab and the waitress, with tears in her eyes, said it was on the house... I should have quit drinking that very day....
        Last edited by abcowboy; March 19, 2019, 07:21 AM.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

That's sad Cowboy,sorry you lost your brother so young 5:37 am in Vegas,another 24 please
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Awoke this morning at 5 to the sound of smoke/CO2 alarms going off, one wired in, one plugged in with battery backup. Less than 10 minutes after calling 911, firefighters arrived and found no evidence of fire or CO2. Turns out the alarms are both 6 years old and have passed the 5 year best before date. I always thought these alarms were good for 10 years. So it’s off to the hardware store this morning to buy replacements. Check your alarms everyone!
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], great job on giving up smoking!!

Cowboy, I bet Daryl would be proud of you!

Have a great af Tuesday everyone!

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

That's so sad about your brother, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. And I'm with QW, I bet Daryl would be proud of you today.

Good job, Jude! You and ABC are quit buddies!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Congrats on the no smokes Jude!!:welldone:

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Well done on the cigs, Jude! And thank you for yet another excellent quote.

Sorry you lost your brother too soon, Cowboy. Each day we have on this earth and with our loved ones is such a blessing.:hug:

24 more please and thank you.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hi Cafe. ABC, So sorry about your brother. That story was bittersweet. I’m sure Daryl would be proud of you today. Your sobriety is a good way to honor your brother. Jude congrats on the quit! Thats a hard one to do!! Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                      [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Comment

31F with a light overcast.
                          I know it's spring because a wasp was buzzing around the kitchen last night.
                          Did some work in the garden yesterday, way overdue, trying to remove some poison ivy before it get a stranglehold.
                          Sorry to hear of your brother, Cowboy, I'm sure he'd be proud.
                          24 more here

Comment

5:33 am in Vegas,another 24 please

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

The first day of spring, at last! What a brutal winter it was and it seems we may not yet be done with the white stuff as flurries are possible this weekend. Alberta weather - if you don’t like it, wait 15 minutes and it’ll change!

Have a great af Wednesday everyone.

Q W
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

It was in the low 80s yesterday here in AZ. Heard a rattler on our walk yesterday. Luckily the pup was on leash. We high tailed it away from the sound. Now it really is time to head north!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!!

Comment

Working...
                                X