~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

“The condition in extreme is identifiable but the less obvious version of addiction is still painful and arguably worse because we simply adapt to living in pain.”

― Russell Brand, Recovery: Freedom from Our Addictions

Sorry about your brother [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]......I'm sure that he would be proud of you! :love_heart:

Thanks all for the encouraging words on quitting smoking...it hasn't even been 2 weeks, and I already feel so much better!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

That quote was so true, Jude! You keep knockin' it out of the park this week!

Spring officially arrives around 5pm today and tonight we have a supermoon. I hope the clouds will clear so we can see it.

24 more please and thank you.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Thanks for the great quote, Jude..
        I'm in for another 24 af hours! xx

Comment

Another 24 for me please and thanks. A windy, rainy, crappy day today!!!

Comment

“Addiction is only a hopeless attempt to deal with the pain of living cutoff from who we really are.”
            ― Dragos Bratasanu

Winter storm watch in effect for tomorrow and Saturday......OK Spring, you can show up anytime now!

Comment

6:15am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

-4C (25F) with fog rolling in. Forecast is great spring weather for the next little while!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:23 am in Vegas, another 24 please
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Your quotes this week are really making me think about my past [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. This morning's hit home with me in many ways, addiction really is an escape. I was running away from someone, something, all the time. Or I just wanted to escape from life and all the responsibilities that come with it. Life isn't a whole lot easier sober, but dealing with life definitely is!
                  Last edited by abcowboy; March 21, 2019, 07:50 AM.
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

46F and light rain.
                    24 more here please

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Off to the dentist to get fitted for a crown this morning. Yippee. At least there’s no hangover to make it even worse!!

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

That's a profound quote, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

I almost forgot to check in! Here I am though, living another 24 AF hours!
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

ANother 24 for me please and thanks. Nice quote Jude! Happy Friday friends!

Comment

It's the second full day of spring and the nearly full moon is shining bright this morning! Clouds prevented viewing it yesterday, but today's is nearly as good. Heading out to shop and have lunch today with an old friend and drinking partner. She's still a friend but no longer a drinking partner. Looking back, I quit drinking in company long before I quit drinking alone.

24 AF for me and all my fellow travelers here, please and thank you.
                              Last edited by dill; March 22, 2019, 05:54 AM.
                              Dill

Comment

“Just because you have baggage doesn't mean you have to lug it around.”
                                ― Richie Norton

Raining here now, but changing to snow later on. We're expecting 10-14 inches.....Winter can go away anytime now!

Comment

Working...
                                X