Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

38F and light overcast.
    Didn't get up in time to see the moon, Dill.
    Dang, that's a lot of snow, Jude.
    Always hated going to the dentist, was afraid I'd knock 'em over with my alcohol breath. That and the fact I'd pass out without brushing at night. ugh, don't miss that.
    24 more here please.

Comment

6:10am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

Right on the freezing mark this morning, and going to be a beautiful sunny day! The snow is melting fast and it's a good thing because I saw my first flock of geese yesterday...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

When I read your quote this morning [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], I thought maybe it had three messages for me; I could lug around everything that I did while I was drinking, lug around the things that made me want to drink, or I could lug around the fact that I can no longer have a drink...ever. I don't lug around anything that isn't necessary, I left that baggage in the claim area....
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:53 am in Vegas, another 24 please
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another good quote. Thanks!

I woke up with a headache this morning. Guess I slept wrong. This was my every morning wake up feeling when I drank. Yuk! Sure don't miss that.

I'll have another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I survived the dentist yesterday thanks to excellent work by my dentist and hygienist. Had to laugh, even though I had to keep my mouth shut as the mold making stuff dried, when a contractor who was there to fix a leaking water pipe fired up an industrial drill and shop vac. Couldn’t help but think that wouldn’t be good for business. And how would patients in the waiting room feel, hearing those sounds?

Sure glad I wasn’t hungover.

Jude, 12-14” of snow? Enuf already. If I was sure we were done with winter I’d gladly send you my very experienced shovel!

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning and happy saturday everyone. I went to a car dealer yesterday trying to buy a used honda. They would not come down to what I wanted to pay so I left disappointed. Damn, I really wanted that car but I stood my ground. Hope everyone has a great day! Another 24 for me please!!

Comment

Thanks for that good quote yesterday [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. I don't think I carry my baggage with me, at least not consciously. But every now and then I will have a memory flashback and a pang of guilt or sorrow or regret. So perhaps beneath the surface the baggage lurks.... When those memories pop up I take a moment and look at them and feel the feelings associated with them and then I let it go. Does anyone else experience that? I guess all I can do is try to live my life keeping my eyes on the road ahead and let the past mistakes grow smaller and smaller in the rearview.

Sorry things didn't work out for you at the dealership yesterday [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]. I bet something better will come along.

24 more please and thank you.
                  Last edited by dill; March 23, 2019, 12:11 PM. Reason: spellin
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:10am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Yep, that happens to me sometimes as well [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. I'll be doing something and it brings back a memory of something I did in my drinking days. I'll ponder on it for a moment, then let it go. Nothing good came come from worrying about things we did or said in the past...

One of my first jobs out of high school was selling cars [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]. Depending on the margin between your offer and the asking price, I'm willing to bet that you'll get a phone call from the salesman asking if you bought a car yet. They don't want a huge inventory of used cars, and he doesn't want to pass up the commission!

Not much on the agenda for us this weekend, too much snow yet to consider doing any yard work and I've got all my paperwork done. Maybe time to tackle some of the jobs on the "Honey Dew" list lol.

Comment

5:54 am in Vegas, another 24 please
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

28F and bright sunshine.
                          Think I'll go for a bike ride today.
                          24 more please.

Comment

What fascinates me about addiction and obsessive behavior is that people would choose an altered state of consciousness that's toxic and ostensibly destroys most aspects of your normal life, because for a brief moment you feel okay.

Moby

Yay...the weather guys were wrong (surprise!) and we only got a few inches of snow!
                            [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]....everything happens for a reason and I'm sure that you'll eventually find a car that's right for you!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Another true quote. [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I do the same thing with memories. When they come along I let myself think them through and then give thanks I quit. Not much else we can do with the past except not repeat it.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Rava, I agree with Cowboy and bet you’ll get a call from the car dealer. In negotiating pretty much anything, walking away often brings the results you want. I recall one time when our boys were small going to look at a car. I asked my wife not to let the younger ones have a nap and no snacks before we went to the dealership. Our 9 year old was carrying the 2 year old around the showroom, testing the flexibility of the antennas. Our 4 year old was doing chin-ups on the outside mirrors of a very expensive Buick. And the two little ones were noisy.
                                The deal we ended up getting was $1,000 better than I was prepared to pay, they were just happy to get us out of the showroom. We celebrated by going to their favourite restaurant for supper!

Hope everyone enjoys their Saturday af!

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X