~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Great story, [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! I could picture the entire scene. Lol

Comment

6:05am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

-3C (26F) and lots of stars in the sky. Turning a bit cooler this week with a few days of rain/snow in the forecast, typical spring weather after a not so typical winter!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Last edited by abcowboy; March 24, 2019, 07:08 AM.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'm the first one in this morning?? Did I miss National Sleep-In Day or something lol. Got the breakfast ready for anyone who's hungry!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

40F with rain on the way, up to and inch.
          Yesterday was beautiful!
          Remind me to rent cranky kids next time I go car shopping, lol!
          24 more please!

Comment

5:48 am in Vegas, another 24 please
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy Sunday all!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

My turn for quotes! 6:15 here in AZ and you still beat me here!

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
                Nelson Mandela

Perseverance! Would any of us be here checking in if not for our own "rising everytime we fall"? Don't ever let a failure keep you down!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thankyou.

Damp and some fog here this morning and much cooler temps than yesterday. I’m glad I barbecued enough last evening that we have leftovers for tonight.

Great idea Mr V to rent kids to help in the car purchasing process. I recall one time waiting a week to see if a car salesman would call and offer a lower price. He did and again, accepted less than what I was prepared to pay. Walking away is a great negotiating tactic.

Thanks for brekkie Cowboy!

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thanks for that great quote, [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]. It's only when we give up that we are defeated.

Thanks for the breakfast Cowboy and for the negotiating tips, QW. I'm with Mr. V on the idea of rent-a-kid. The more active, the better! LOL

And, thank you for a week of really great quotes, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION].
                    Closing in on another 24 here, thank you very much!
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Happy Monday Everyone. Loved your story Mr. V about the kids at the dealership. Too funny. I completely forgot to check in yesterday. No luck the second time with the dealership but good news. We ended up buying a brand new car for not much more that the former dealership wanted for the used one. We get it this Wednesday. It’s so new that it was still shrink wrapped from the truck. Wow now thats a new car! LOL. Can’t wait to just smell the inside. Hope everyone has a great day. ANother 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

Just below the freezing mark this morning, and no stars in the sky. Guess that rain/snow they forecast is moving in...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Great quote [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], fall down 7, get up 8! Never give up!

Congrats on the new car [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! And I want to see pics of it once you have it unwrapped! I love that new car smell! Unfortunately I only get to experience it every 6 or 7 years lol.
                            Last edited by abcowboy; March 25, 2019, 07:10 AM.

Comment

“Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.”
                              ~ Alcoholics Anonymous p. 40-41

I remember hearing this quote way back before I started drinking and just loved it! Little did I know...

I'll gladly take another 24, please and thank you.

Hitting the road this morning for Page, AZ. Here's to a great AF week!

Comment

5:48 am in Vegas, another 24 please
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X