~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

It's going to be a fine spring day with lots of sun and very little wind. Light jacket weather. I'm really glad bc our granddaughter is with us for three nights. She loves the out-of-doors! Yesterday she was down at our pond feeding the catfish. They are huge! She lay down on her tummy and reached into the water and put her hand in their mouths! LOL .

Hope everyone has a great day! 24 more please and thank you.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Thanks for the great quote Ginger...so very true!

Sunny here with an expected high of 50 ° F! I've even been seeing several Robins over the past few days! Bring it on!!!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:52 am in Vegas another 24 please
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

30F and sunny, gonna be a nice one today! Yesterday was beautiful as well.
          Got a bike ride in yesterday, might try again today, too nice out.
          Work tomorrow.
          24 more please.

Comment

"I've never failed, I've only tried 10,000 things that won't work." Thomas Edison

Keeping it positive and a reminder to keep trying!

Horseshoe Bend outside of Page, AZ is amazing. Google it. We stood on the ledge looking down into the Colorado River 1,000 ft below. Breath taking and a little scary!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!
            Last edited by Ginger999; March 27, 2019, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Ginger, can you post a pic of Horseshoe Bend? It sounds amazing. Continued safe travels!

Mrs QW and I had a very productive day yesterday promoting Parkinson’s support sessions. One place we visited even offered us meeting space if we hold a meeting there! On a call to a medical clinic, a doctor asked her receptionist to call one of their patients with Parkinson’s to make him aware of our meetings. We made 7 calls, everyone we contacted was very supportive and 4 thanked us for promoting the program. We celebrated our success with a rite of spring - a soft ice cream cone at Dairy Queen!

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!!

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

[MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], my pictures cant do the bend justice. If you Google it, you'll see some amazing shots though. It's just way too huge to get a good shot with my phone. That's all I use. Sorry, Mr. V :~}

QW, I love hearing about your success with the meetings. You guys were handed lemons and you're making lemonade for everyone afflicted by this terrible disease. Good job!!

Comment

Good morning. Ginger, I will be looking up Horseshoe Bend as soon as I get to work! LOL. Also Dill, Love the fact that your granddaughter put her hand in the catfishes mouth. Reminds me of a show I used to watch called Hillbilly Hand Fishing. TOO FUNNY. Hope everyone has a wonderful day! QW, We live near a Dairy Queen. Love me a blizzard!

Comment

A little rain today and 58°.

Saw your pics on FB Ginger....incredible!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:50am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

Just below freezing, lots of stars in the sky. Going to be a beautiful day!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                      [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:47 am in Vegas another 24 please
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

38F and overcast, warming to about 65F today.
                          Opening day for baseball here today, a sure sign of spring.
                          Ginger, I use my i-phone all the time, lol.
                          Here's a shot from yesterday's bike ride.
                          It's from Camp Dennison, OH., a former civil war training camp. Shot along the Little Miami Bike trail. The house is located about where the A is on the lower water mark at the crossroads. The bkie trail runs where the train tracks were located.
                          22 miles yesterday, it was beautiful.
                          24 more here please.

Comment

Well, the first pic didn't come through, let's try again.

Comment

“The diamond cannot be polished without friction, nor the person perfected without trials.”*~Chinese proverb

I guess we should be embracing our trials. Good reminder for me!

Yesterday's adventure was amazing. I was definitely in my happy place. Taking a boat trip today to Antelope Canyon.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!
                              Last edited by Ginger999; March 28, 2019, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Ginger, I recognized Horseshoe Bend when I looked it up on Google. What a beautiful place! I remember visiting Grand Canyon a few years ago, think I took about 200 photos that day.
                                I have 3 Nikon cameras, a Pentax medium format camera that I mostly used in wedding photography but my go to cameras for travel photography are a Lumix point & shoot and my iPhone! Great to hear that Mr V likes to shoot with his phone camera too!

Today will involve more de-junking and searching online for condos. We had our vet give us a certificate of good behaviour for my 4 legged buddy in the hope it will help a condo board give their approval for her. We’ve had Jessie for almost 2 years and have only heard her bark about a dozen times. And most of the barking has been at inflated Halloween decorations!

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X