~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

[MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], Jesse is my all time favorite breed. I know so many people back home that have border collies. Lots of farms in central WA. Such a smart, working, loyal dog. <3

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ &amp; another 24...

Reading today's posts made me feel like an armchair traveler, LOL! Thanks Ginger and Mr. V.

Border collie is one of my favorite breeds too. We had a male named Pogo and a female named Tip. Great dogs!

Shout out to [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]! Where did you get off to?

24 more please and thank you.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Thank you for the quotes this week Ginger!

Border Collies are also one of my favorite breeds. I have one purebred and two BC crosses, and they are all so smart, AND energetic!

Another 24 for me please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning and happy Friday. Another 24 for me please. Nice pictures everyone. Mr V. We have a new bike path in our neck of the woods that we love to ride on. Its one way to see places from a different perspective!

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'm like you [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], love to be the armchair traveller looking at the pictures posted! That would be a great place for a bike ride Mr V!

This time of year I always get to wondering how much work will come my way through the summer. I get a bit worried that farming will be the only income for the year, then the phone starts ringing. Got 2 phone calls to go look at jobs and give prices on. Hopefully will have a busy summer and enough work to keep me out of trouble lol.
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:59 am in Vegas another 24 please!
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step" Confucius

I say this to myself everytime I start a hike! lol We all have the power to do whatever needs doing, if we take it one step at a time.

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], glad jobs are starting to roll in with the better weather. Before long you'll be hoping for a break!

Hitting the road for home today. I highly recommend Page, AZ and the surrounding area. We plan to come back when we can stay longer. Should be home Monday, if all goes well. Travel prayers or good vibes always welcome!

I'll happily take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jessie is our 2nd Border Collie cross. We had very little information about her when we got her 2 years ago - no medical history - but were told we were her 3rd owners. Our vet estimated she was about 2 when we got her. Her 1st owner was a young lady who had no idea what was involved in training a pup. When she told her parents she was going to put her down, the parents adopted her. They moved and surrendered her to a herding dog rescue which is where we were fortunate to find her. Our vet has provided excellent care and Jessie is thriving! She’s a great companion and an excellent walking buddy. And one more thing smarter than I am!

Glad your phone is ringing Cowboy! There’s always work for skilled handymen, I bet your summer will be busy!!

Have a great af Friday everyone.

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Hope everyone has a great day. Safe travels home Ginger. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

I forgot to check in yesterday but I'm not surprised. It was a very sad day. A good friend who I used to work with collapsed on Tuesday (extreme asthma attack leading to cardiac arrest) and has been in Intensive Care on life support. She's been unresponsive ever since. Yesterday they were going to remove the life support. I felt like I was in some kind of fog all day. She was very close to both her children (ages 19 and 14) and husband and the loss will be perhaps unbearable for them for some time to come. They were all with her when it happened as they were at a farm buying sheep and goats for 4H. I think she must have come into contact with some kind of allergen and had an extreme reaction. She must not have had her EpiPen with her. I don't know all the details. I just know she is gone too soon.

Sorry to be sharing such a down post.

Daffodils are up and blooming, as are the crocuses. Spring is here and winter is finally loosening it's grip! Life goes on.

24 more please and thank you.
                        Last edited by dill; March 30, 2019, 05:42 AM.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:30am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

Just above freezing, and rain in the forecast for today...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Sad news about your friend [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]... You never know what will be the outcome in those situation, but my thoughts and prayers go out to her and her family...

I'm sure glad I took that first step [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], there wouldn't have been many steps left for me if I hadn't...

Comment

"You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf" --Jon Kabat-Zinn

Before I retired a stressful work situation was my excuse to drink nightly. Often I drank the entire bottle of wine by myself. I should have learned to surf!

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Such a sad time for all. I'll be sending prayers...

Back on the road today another 350 miles. Getting closer to home.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you.

Comment

5:48 am in Vegas another 24 please [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], sorry about your friend that's really sad and her kids are still pretty young Ginger,safe travels
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X