~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Thank you for the quotes this week Ginger, today's was awesome!

So sorry about your friend [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! It's such a good reminder to live each day as though it was our last.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

58F and pouring rain.
      No check-in yesterday as I ended up in the ER. I was so dizzy, didn't know what was happening, couldn't get out of bed, seems it's likely Vertigo, never had it, but two sisters suffer from it. horrible. Thought it might be a heart attack coming on, dizziness is a symptom for sure.
      So sad to hear of your friend, Dill. Just tragic.
      Yes, we never know what's in store for us.
      Safe travels, Ginger.
      24 more please.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.
        [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], so sorry to learn of your friend. As Jude said, we should live each day as if it was our last.

Life threatening allergies are becoming more and more common it seems. Our 4 year old granddaughter is allergic to nuts. When we checked in at the resort in Mexico in January, she ate a cookie after her Mom asked if there were nuts in it. She immediately had a reaction to what we suspect was peanut oil. Fortunately her EpiPen wasn’t needed.

The online search for a new house continues as does de-junking our current residence. We have way too much stuff!

Safe travels today Ginger!

Glad you’re feeling better Mr V. That must have been scary.

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
        Last edited by Quit wining; March 30, 2019, 08:57 AM.
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

“Next time you’re stressed, take a step back, inhale and laugh. Remember who you are and why you’re here. You’re never given anything in this world that you can’t handle. Be strong, be flexible, love yourself, and love others. Always remember, just keep moving forward.” – Unknown

6:15am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Wake up sleepyheads, breakfast is ready!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks for the quote this morning cowboy....I think that always moving forward is the key!

Yesterday it was 60 °F, today it's 33° and snowing. :yikes1:

Comment

Thanks for breakfast [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! Sure looks yummy!

Comment

Thanks for the quote and breakfast, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]!

Another long day on the road but should be home tonight, if all goes well.

I'll gladly take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Thanks for the great quotes last week [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! You're in the QD Schedule now lol. Bet you'll be glad to get home and see everyone!

Not sure if I've ever had vertigo [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], felt light-headed a few times, couldn't walk very good, slurred my words, but I think it was because I was drinking lol. How long did the feeling last?

Hopefully you won't get too much snow [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! Our front yard is almost totally free of snow, amazing how fast the big banks disappeared!

Awful quiet around MWO lately, but guess there's times when there's just not much to say except, no quitting on your quits eh!
                    Last edited by abcowboy; March 31, 2019, 08:17 AM.

Comment

30 F and sunny, won't even reach 40 today.
                      Still suffering the effects of Vertigo. Feels like a bad hangover, it lasts for several days. Think of motion sickness, seasick, etc. Hard to even walk sometimes because of the dizziness. On the same med to counteract motion sickness. I'm good as long as I don't move, lol.
                      24 more please.

Comment

6:09 am in Vegas another 24 please Mr.V I feel you on the vertigo,I've had it too on/off this past week,not as severe as you but still,mines just allergy related but very uncomfortable,hope you feel better soon
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Mr V, hope you’re feeling better. Paulywogg, I don’t think I’ve heard of vertigo being allergy related. Are there meds available to counter the symptoms?

Cowboy, awesome brekkie! Thanks!

My mission today is to clean up the garage and sort out what has to be gone.

Have a great af Sunday everyone.

QW
                          Last edited by Quit wining; March 31, 2019, 08:51 AM.
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I hope you feel better soon, Mr. V. :hug:It's sad that you have to go through it but at least it is a small comfort that you did not bring this on yourself. Self-inflicted is worse because you can't even play the sympathy card! And you not only have the physical symptoms but the emotional/psychological symptoms of depression, regret, remorse, and disgust! At least you don't have all that on board!

Ginger, thanks so much for a week of excellent quotes! And continued safe travels to you as you make your way back home. :happy2:

QW you and the Mrs. have really been busy with the de-cluttering! Where have you been taking your stuff? I started decluttering a while back but stalled out. Part of the reason was that I didn't have any place to take the stuff, other than Good Will and I didn't want to do that. But I just found out today that our church is collecting items this coming Sunday to donate to the St. Vincent de Paul Society. Now I have a place to take my things. Then I will have space cleared in the garage to start a second round of decluttering.

Cowboy, thanks for the breakfast, it's one of my favorites! And thanks for the good quote. It is always so important to keep moving forward, and love is definitely key. Loving one's self gets harder and harder the further we go down the path of self destruction that alcohol takes us. It's part of what keeps so many addicts/alcoholics stuck, that inability to love themselves. (thinking of my ex DIL here)

Hidy-ho, Jude and Rava!

24 more, please and thank you.
                            Last edited by dill; March 31, 2019, 12:10 PM.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Dill, so sorry to hear about your friend. That must have been shocking for her family. Mr . V. I hope your Vertigo gets better soon. I know my husband had that and it turned out to be an inner ear infection. Ginger, Safe travels home. Home sweet home is your next destination. Thanks for breakfast Cowboy. Love those fancy ones. Hope everyone has a great Monday. Another 24 for me please.

Comment

Cold here and expecting 2-5 inches of snow today....Old Man Winter you can leave anytime now!

Hope that you are feeling better Mr. V!

Ginger.....it must feel so good to be home! I really enjoyed your pics on FB!

Comment

Working...
                                X