No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“Watch the sunrise at least once a year, put a lot of marshmallows in your hot chocolate, lie on your back and look at the stars, never buy a coffee table you can’t put your feet on, never pass up a chance to jump on a trampoline, don’t overlook life’s small joys while searching for the big ones.” ~ H. Jackson Brown Jr.

Above freezing this morning, a bit of rain overnight, but April showers bring May flowers as they say!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:50 am in Vegas another 24 please
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Lots of good advice in that quote, Cowboy! Thanks.

Nice and sunny today but I won't mention the temperature. It's well below normal and all my spring flowers are looking really ragged. I'm meeting a couple of old friends for lunch so that will be fun!

24 more, please and thank you.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24hours please & thank you. Day 35, $525 not wasted.

As Cowboy says, today is a darn good day not to drink. Unless it’s hot chocolate with lots of marshmallows!! Great quote Cowboy!

Dill, we support the kidney foundation and Value Village by donating gently used clothing and household items. Both organizations keeps tons of items out of landfills.

We’re planning a downsizing sale soon and will donate the proceeds to our favourite charities - Ronald McDonald House and Parkinson Alberta.

Have a great af Monday everyone and don’t get fooled!

QW
          Last edited by Quit wining; April 1, 2019, 08:27 AM.
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Great quote to start the week with abcowboy...can never be reminded to practice mindfulness too often. Lovin the smell and warmth of my cuppa coffee as much as the taste.
            Is Addiction Really a Disease?
            Watch this and find out....
            http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

29F and sunny
              Still a little dizzy, gonna try to stay off the medicine today.
              Need to declutter here as well.
              And Taxes, ugh, got to finish them. I always put them off, because I owe, any delay to pay, lol!
              24 more please

Comment

Watching the sunrise and smelling the coffee brewing. Great quote, ABC.

Thanks for all the safe travel wishes! It worked. Crazy welcome home with lots of family stop ins. Wasn't sure we'd ever get set up for the night but we did and it was so good to see everyone in person!

Mr. V, hope that vertigo passes soon. Every allergy season I get some weird head thing that lasts about 3 weeks. It seriously sucks. First time it happened I was sure I had a brain tumor! Lol

It's going to be a crazy, busy week so I best get at it. Glad to be doing it sober!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Happy Tuesday and another 24 for me please and thanks!

Comment

“You have to decide what your highest priorities are and have the courage — pleasantly, smilingly, non-apologetically — to say ‘no’ to other things. And the way to do that is by having a bigger ‘yes’ burning inside.” ~ Stephen Covey

6:05am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

Holding steady at the freezing mark, a few more showers in the forecast for today, then the temps take a downturn...snow in the forecast for later in the week...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great to see you here [MENTION=5134]4theboyz[/MENTION]! We're a pretty laid back group here in the Club and Café. Sure hope to see you make it a daily stop and enjoy the coffee and conversation!

Glad to see you home safe and sound [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], when does the new house construction begin lol.

I get a kick out of seeing the turkeys [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], looks like they are sick of winter just like the rest of us!

Okay gang, just say no to booze, and yes to sobriety! Have a great day y'all!

Comment

Great quote cowboy! We really do have to have a pretty big yes inside us to overcome the alcohol voice!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Such a true quote! Learning to say NO when needed can be hard for a lot of things, especially alcohol. Checking in here solidifies that NO.

Welcome [MENTION=5134]4theboyz[/MENTION]! Hope to see you regularly.

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], spent most of the morning at the county courthouse trying to get the last of the permit process done. It required us being there. Ugh... What an unorganized mess. If I had to do much there, my head would explode! After 2 hours we left with permits in hand and $3,500 lighter pockets. Did you know you have to have a permit to get an address assigned to your property? Or how about a permit to put in your driveway? But... it's done. Not sure when the crew will be out there but we are ready when they are!

I'll have another 24, please and thank you!
                          Last edited by Ginger999; April 2, 2019, 07:45 AM.

Comment

5:55 am in Vegas another 24 please
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

34F and cloudy
                              Welcome to the thread 4!
                              Permits are nothing more than a way to suck more tax $$$ from your pocket.
                              slowly getting back to normal here.
                              Fortune from the chinese resttaurant; One should count each day a separate life.
                              A big yes to 24 more please

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Taxes, a necessary evil. If it wasn’t so maddening, it would almost be funny that a bill for natural gas usage in a month where we actually used $27.79 worth of gas ended up costing $112.97 thanks to taxes and fees. The term legalized theft comes to mind!

Ginger, my sympathies for having to fork over $3,500 for permits. That hurts. But at least you can take comfort in knowing that your fees support the unorganized mess! Good thing we don’t discuss politics in the Cafe as I’m sure we could go on for days!

At least we aren’t wasting money on alcohol taxes any more!

Have a great af Tuesday everyone!

QW
                                Last edited by Quit wining; April 2, 2019, 09:47 AM.
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X