~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Glad you're feeling a little better Mr. V.

Late check in for me but it's never to late to ask for 24 more, please and thank you.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Welcome 4! Hope everyone has a great day and another 24 for me please!

Comment

Welcome 4!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

39F and sunny.
          Going to be really nice today. I want to try a bike ride, but not sure, I'll let you know. I need to get out, lol!
          24 more for all of us.

Comment

“People may hate you for being different and not living by society’s standards, but deep down they wish they had the courage to do the same.” ~ Kevin Hart

5:50am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

Waiting for our final snowstorm, looks like it might come Friday or Saturday, or maybe not at all...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=3405]Jude5[/MENTION]9 [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Don't get me started on permits; development permit, building permit, concrete foundation permit, plumbing permit, gas permit, electrical permit, private sewage permit, private well permit... I understand the need for them, don't understand why they are so expensive!

And as [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] said, utility bills are outrageous, consumption costs are maybe 20% of the bill, the rest is fees and taxes! Almost enough to drive you to drink, almost lol.
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

6:01 am in Vegas another 24 please
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the quote, ABC. Occasionally I'll meet someone that responds to my "I don't drink" with "I wish I could quit". I mention My Way Out. I hope at least some are at a place and curious enough to check out the site.

Glad I'm not alone in my "permit pain". My son tells me the worst is over. Back in the 80's I owned a construction company with my former husband. $250 and you were out the door with your permit. Oh how times have changed!

Went to the movies with 3 gkids and my middle son. Brought my granddaughter home to spend the night. Big day today! Lots of crafting and shopping, I'm sure. Can't wait.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you! :sohappy:

Comment

Another 24hours please & thank you.

Ginger, the time we get to spend with our grandkids is the best! Have fun with shopping & crafting!

A busy day for me today - dentist appointment followed by a hair cut followed by baking chocolate chip cookies for our Parkinson meeting tomorrow and then 2 youth justice hearings this evening. Who said retirement isn’t busy? I’m sure glad to be doing these things af!

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

MMMMmmmmmmÂ…..chocolate chip cookies! Wish I was close enough to come to the meeting, QW! And you are right about retirement being busy. Never a dull moment here!

I thought about your quote for a few minutes Cowboy. I totally agree that it takes courage to go your own way, or to go against the grain. But it also made me pause to reflect on what living by "society's standards" truly means. Who defines society? I have lots of friends who do not drink and in their particular societies, drinking is not generally accepted. I often looked toward them in the early years of my trying to quite. I thought I should adopt their standards instead of ridiculing them or discounting them like I once did. I grew up in a world where drinking was just part of it and was given a place of honor somehow. I was having to go against my own upbringing which took courage of sorts. But it was necessary in my case as I gradually lost control of my drinking.

24 more please and thank you.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 for me please and thanks! Hope everyone has a great day!

Comment

“The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own. You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president. You realize that you control your own destiny.” ~ Albert Ellis

6:05am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

5:33 am in Vegas another 24
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Dill, chocolate chip cookie baking got postponed to today so there’s still time to get here! My dentist appointment took more out of me than I expected. Hope we have a large turnout for our Parkinson meeting today.

Hope Thursday treats everyone well!

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X