Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Great quote!

Rava, that's our long term plan. A house here in WA and a small park model in AZ. That's down the road a bit though. Hubby is still good with towing the 5th wheel around so we will keep doing that as long as possible.

Rain, rain, rain here. You'd thing we were in Seattle! Our annual rain fall here east of the Cascades is less than 9 inches. Feels like we've gotten that since we've been home! LOL

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.
      ~Charles R. Swindoll

Sounds like a great plan, Ginger! It gets harder each year to endure winter.

We dropped a bunch of stuff off at a collection drive for St. Vincent de Paul society QW. It definitely felt good to lighten our load and to help others at the same time.

I do hope your geese show up soon Cowboy. In our neck of the woods the toads are singing their annual mating song. It's so wonderful to hear! And today is the day the Purple Martins are supposed to return. I'll have to keep an eye on their nest house.

24 more, please and thank you.
      Last edited by dill; April 10, 2019, 05:39 AM.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]....I love simple quotes that have a lot of meaning! Today's was perfect!

I'm so enjoying the sounds of Spring.....birds singing in the morning, peepers at night. Heaven!

Anyone heard from LC????

Another 24please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning and happy Wednesday! Beautiful and sunny day ahead in Florida. I’m going to suffer on the beach today. LOL. Dill, my neighbor reported that we have a Purple Martin scout flying around. Thats good news! Love those birds. Another 24 for me please!

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

That's my kind of suffering [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] lol.

Too funny, but when I got to the farm yesterday Gertrude and Gus were standing on their little island! All is good in the world... Up here, lots of people put up purple martin houses in their yards. Rumour has it that they consume a ton of mosquitoes everyday.

I remember my Dad always saying "it's all in your head". I agree with both him and Charles Swindoll, 90% of it is anyway...
              Last edited by abcowboy; April 10, 2019, 07:03 AM.
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:53 am in Vegas another 24
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We have a meeting with a handyman today to arrange for some cosmetic work to be done on the house before we put it on the market. I’m looking forward to getting these things looked after.

Our tree swallows are due to return to our birdhouse any day now. Can’t wait as they bring us a lot of enjoyment in exchange for the safe accommodation we provide them!

There’s much needed rain in our forecast for today. Hope it arrives.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone.

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I've never heard of a Purple Martin so had to look them up. We have swallows. Not many right here though. I love birds but I've never really gotten into watching for them. Hmmm, new hobby? ABC, glad G&G are back!

Great quote! It reminds me of Dan Harris's podcasts, 10% Happier. They can be pretty interesting.

I know LC was struggling a bit after her visit home to AZ. Hope she's found her footing and just busy with life.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

48F and overcast.
                      Beautiful yesterday, 71F and sunny. And, just like that everything is in bloom.
                      From my bike ride yesterday.
                      Medical update: Starting cholesterol meds, and need a filling replaced. Life could be worse, lol.
                      How long do birds live? My in-laws had a pair of nesting Mallards in their swimming pool every year for 10-15 years I think, they always waited for the chicks to arrive before cleaning the pool for the summer.
                      24 more please
                      Last edited by Mr Vervill; April 10, 2019, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Glad that Gertrude and Gus finally made an appearance Cowboy!

Not sure what a purple Martin looks like...guess I'll have to look it up.

LC, if you're reading this, come on back....we miss you! :concern:

Another 24 please and thank you!
                        Last edited by Jude58; April 11, 2019, 04:51 AM.

Comment

Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.
                          ~Mother Teresa

What does this mean I asked myself. To me it means doing the right thing even if it is a small thing and doing it continuously is a strength.

I'm glad G&G made their entrance Cowboy! The Purple Martin's scouts did appear here yesterday Rava, on the expected date. Isn't that a marvel? Spring is inching it's way forward! Magnolias were blooming yesterday too!

I too wonder how long birds live, Mr. V. I suppose it differs by species. That was a sweet story about the Mallards. I don't know if we have tree swallows here, QW. I'm going to google it. Well, actually I'm going to search it using Duck Duck Go. I quit google a while back.

I hope LC is ok. I PM'd her but got no reply. I'll go with your thoughts Ginger and assume she is busy with life. Maybe she will return soon kind of like Gus and Gertrude, the Martins, tree swallows and Mallards!

24 more please and thank you.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Another 24 for me please. I have added a pic of my purple martins from last year when they were in full force. They are very people friendly birds and its fun watching for them. They leave in mid August and I’m always sad to see them go. They do eat mosquitos from what I can tell. They start chirping around 5 am. Great hobby for those who might be interested.
                            Last edited by Rava; April 11, 2019, 06:51 AM.

Comment

6:05am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

Right around freezing this morning, but the clouds are gone. Had a nice rain all day yesterday, along with a bit of thunder and lightning.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                              [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Thankfully I avoided the cholesterol meds [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], think the Omega 3, Hawthorn, and cutting way back on the smokes did the trick for me. I know my Doc told me that high cholesterol isn't always because of lifestyle, some people just don't process the bad cholesterol as they get older so they need meds to keep it under control. I had to look a couple of times at your pic, I thought the trees in bloom might be Saskatoons, but on second look they appear to be Mayday's?

That's exactly what the Purple Martin houses look like up here [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], bird condos lol. We also have lots of Blue Jays, they didn't leave this year, they stuck around through all that cold weather!

One just never knows if the birds are the same from year to year. I think H & H and G & G are the same two pairs of geese though. It was about 15 years ago that we had the cat work done in the yard and the island was left behind and that's when they showed up. I think I remember reading that they can live up to 25 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X