• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:49 am in Vegas another 24
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

51F and partly sunny, might hit 80 today, would be a record if it did.
      Storm causing the blizzard in the midwest sucking up all the warm air, much better than the snow, that's for sure.
      24 more here please.

Comment

Another24 hours please & thank you.

Another medical appointment today for Mrs QW, hopefully the last for a few weeks.

Cowboy mentioned we have a provincial election in Alberta, think I’ll hold my nose and exercise my democratic right today. I am sick of the negativity that seems to surround elections everywhere these days. I’m still waiting for any candidate to knock on my door and ask for support.

I got a new hearing aid last week. It has Bluetooth so with my iPhone I can listen to music, make/receive phone calls, and yes, even hear better! For 25 years I put up with hearing loss but when my grandson was born, I got a hearing aid because I didn’t want to miss hearing him say “ Hey Granddad, let’s get into mischief”!

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

What an amazing women Mother Teresa. Such a true quote.

We have a lot of Killdeer. They lay their eggs in the gravel and both mom and dad guard the nest. If you get near the nest one or the other will dance and squawk to distract the intruder from the nest. It's something to see!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

I’m reading a book called Blackout and this paragraph is pretty profound. Just thought I would share.
            Last edited by Rava; April 11, 2019, 04:06 PM.

Comment

That is so true. Thanks for sharing, [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION].

Comment

Thanks for that quote, [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]. I saw a similar one I liked - something like “I’d rather spend my life wondering if I’m really an alcoholic than spend it trying to convince myself I’m not”. To me, anyone who has any doubts about their drinking likely would be better off without it. I love not giving the whole subject so much headspace!

Comment

That paragraph really hit home with me [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]. Thinking like that for so many years left me exhausted, yet the solution was really quite simple....dump The booze!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces.
                    Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.

~Ashley Smith

I chose this quote as a compliment to the paragraph you shared yesterday Rava. These are the types of things that can get crowded out when we are unbalanced and focusing too much on one thing. One thing that for many is a detriment to life and health.

QW, those blue tooth aids are the greatest! Mr. D's quality of life has improved so much with his! And we can both watch TV together because he doesn't have to have the volume up to what were almost painful levels to me.

Love the killdeer, Ginger! I don't see them here so much but I remember them from my childhood up in the Cleveland area. I think they're in this area too, but just not in the terrain where our house is.

Beautiful day yesterday. Rain today but that's spring!
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe and TGIF. This is my last day in sunny Florida. We came real close to buying a second home. Glad we came to our senses. I just can’t get into all the stress of owning 2 homes. I know many people do it but for me I realize that I would just rather rent. I am happy with my decision to leave well enough alone! Dont need to add extra stress and the possibility of drinking again. Hope everyone has a great day.

Comment

6:20am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Between [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] and [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], lot's of food for thought... I agree with [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION], wondering if you're an alcoholic probably means you are.

I think that's where the whole "accepting" part of recovery comes in, if you constantly wonder and can't accept, then sobriety is going to be a long, difficult road. I think we'll all have times when we wonder if we can't maybe have just one, but if we accept that we're alcoholics, that thought will be there and then gone. Taking time each day to enjoy the little things in life helps us not to dwell on what the future may hold in store for us...

I'm concerned about [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] as well, I really hope she is okay and has found the support she needs...
                          Last edited by abcowboy; April 12, 2019, 07:44 AM.
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Page 800! 5:42 am in Vegas another 24
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

[MENTION=975]polly[/MENTION]wog, I'm not sure what page 800 means but, Yay!? :•)

[MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], Glad you made the choice that gives you peace of mind. Enjoy your last day. Some of our AZ friends went back to the Midwest in the middle of this latest storm. There's some unhappy snowbirds!

Hope we all have an easy weekend! I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

I thought the same thing [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] lol. Then I thought maybe she has 800 AF days since she knew she had to quit? I'm sure it would be at least that amount. Then I figured, she's read the book Blackout as well, and [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]'s excerpt is on page 800? I do love a mystery that needs solving lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X