57F and partly sunny.
    Making a choice not to drink today.
    24 more please.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:48 am in Vegas another 24
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Dill, hopefully one day a cure for Parkinson’s will be found. The webinar I participated in yesterday was very informative. I’m planning to use some of the materials to increase the awareness of the disease among family doctors.
        In the meantime, we’ll continue to take things one day at a time and hope good progress in medications continues.

Today is one of my favourite days of the year - our air conditioning system gets tuned up for the summer! When we had AC installed a few folks told us we were crazy to spend that money since AC is only needed for a few weeks in the summer. We run it from early May until September.

I finished booking the trip to Australia yesterday. Flights, accommodation and rental car all reserved. Can’t wait to go, although I’m not looking forward to the 17 hour flight from Vancouver to Melbourne.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Great quote! So true too. Crazy day here today so off to get it started! I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

8am going up to 20C today, another 24 please.
            Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
            "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Rain in the forecast today but no booze! QW.... I admire that you are doing so much to learn everything that you can about Parkinson's disease. It makes you better equipped to handle whatever comes your way in the future.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

I like this quote because it empowers our strength vs our weaknesses. Yes are are all badasses. Quitting the very thing that took us down. We got back up and made a whole new life for ourselves! Now thats huge!!! Another 24 for me please.

Comment

66F already, cloudy and windy.
                  QW, you should catch as et set by the G- man when in Melbourne. [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION]
                  Good stuff on the Parkinson's. Not sure if I told you before or not, by one of my grandmothers died with Parkinson's and a cousin is now battling it. He was a police officer in Florida, and had to leave his job in the mid-40's.
                  To go along with Rava's quote.
                  24 more here please.

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, 24 more please and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=3405]Jude5[/MENTION]9 [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Last edited by abcowboy; April 18, 2019, 07:01 AM.
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Well, I finally got the overhead door up on the tractor shed! Only took me a year and a half lol. All that's left is to put on the lift cables, then tighten the spring, and test it! The pigeons aren't happy with me lol. The rest will have to wait, headed to the bright lights today for the father-in-law's twice yearly dementia check-up, then over to another part of Edmonton to visit the mother-in-law's sister. She is in an extended care home for dementia/Alzheimer's patients and the mother-in-law hasn't seen her in ages. Nick, Bubba's cousin, said she may or may not remember anyone depending on the day she's having but at least Mom will get a chance to see her. Going to be a long day with lots of driving and listening to Ukrainian...

As I was working yesterday, I thought a lot on [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]'s quote about choices. Just about everything we do involves a choice. Should I get up right away or catch a few minutes more sleep? What should I wear today? What will I have for breakfast, and so on and so on. Most of the choices we make each day are automatic, no-brainers if you will, but often we have to make choices we don't want to make, or need to have serious consideration/discussion before we make them. And then some choices are made for us whether we like it are not. Being here, sharing and caring, helping and supporting, is one of the best choices any of us could have made!

A badass eh [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], I like that! Only another addict knows how tough addiction is to conquer. Of course our spouses and those closest to us can see the struggles we go through, but they really don't know how hard it is. Everyday we go to bed sober is a day to give yourself a pat on the back and remind yourself that you are indeed a badass!

I loved that pic [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]! Downloaded it and going to share it on my other forums!
                      Last edited by abcowboy; April 18, 2019, 07:37 AM.
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:43 am in Vegas another 24
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Great quote! I like being a member of this bad ass club. Sign me up for another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Gorgeous day here so far.

Well done on getting the door up, Cowboy! Slow but steady wins the race, eh?! Come to think of it, that applies to recovery as well...

Loved the quote, Rava! And the pic, Mr. V...

I choose another 24.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Good morning fellow badasses! Great quotes today, thanks for sharing.

A beautiful, sunny day here. My little buddy and I met Mrs QW at a local park for 2 laps around the lake. Jessie and I walked 8kms, Mrs QW about 2kms which is about all she can manage most days. Her walking sticks are a huge help.

Got the AC and furnace tuned up yesterday plus had the ducts cleaned. Nice to have that done. Then in the afternoon I did some plumbing repairs with parts I’ve had for 20 years! I told Mrs QW they’d come in handy someday.

Thought about contacting G-man before going to Melbourne, maybe seeing the beach pad, if invited!

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
                              Last edited by Quit wining; April 18, 2019, 01:06 PM.
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Balmy morning here...70°F. Perfect for having coffee on the porch!

Glad to be part of this badass group....staying sober isn't for sissies!

Another 24please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X