~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Rained off and on all night here too but barely any accumulation. Just enough to keep the grass green!

I'm thankful for the gift of sobriety, [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]. Thanks for all the great quotes!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Rava that's another great quote. Thanks for a week of them!

Tomorrow is Easter. I cannot remember an Easter where drinking played a major part for me. Happily, I have no regrets as far as that goes altho I have plenty of other times for which regrets linger if I let them. Today I'll fill plastic eggs for tomorrow's hunt!

24 more please and thank you. Have a great weekend everyone!
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Happy Easter all my friends at MWO! Thanks for the great quotes last week Rava!

I bought a horse yesterday and I'm already in love with him! :love_heart: Owning a horse is not cheap, but it sure beats spending all my money on booze!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Happy Easter everyone. Jude What is your horses name? Sounds like fun and you are right its better than spending your money on booze. I’m having a boatload of people over today. I went to the liquor store and bought some beer for the guests (I hate beer so no temptation there) Funny thing is that now that I’m not drinking I see most of my family and friends will have a beer or two and stop. So all the sneaking and hiding was really on me. Another reason to never go back. Alcohol is all around us and we just have to learn how to go with the flow without actually letting it flow..... LOL. ANother 24 for me please!

Comment

"Remember, you are responsible for your future, so take charge and turn your life into whatever it is that you want it to be." - Sharlene Snow

6:35am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Breakfast is finally set out [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] lol

Happy Easter everyone!
              Last edited by abcowboy; April 21, 2019, 07:47 AM.
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Happy Easter 6:07 am in Vegas another 24
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the week of great quotes [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! Sobriety is a gift we all work hard for!

It's supposed to be [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]'s week for QD, I tried to pm her but her message centre is full. So I emailed her but didn't get a reply. You're in my thoughts and prayers Lauren, and I hope you have a Happy Easter...

Need more info and pics of the horse [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! An exciting time for you I bet!

Pretty quiet weekend for me and the boy. Bubba went over to Veg on Friday and will be coming home sometime this afternoon. I went over yesterday and replaced the door on their garden shed and got the primer coat of paint on. Then we moved the last dresser over to their new place in the Lodge. The house is pretty much ready to be listed for sale which will probably happen sometime this week or next. We'll see how that goes, there will be a bunch more stuff to move out once it sells. If it doesn't sell by the time Bubba finds work in Veg, it'll be decision time again.

Hope everyone has a fantastic Easter Sunday and look forward to all the the promises that this day brings....

Comment

Another 24hours please & thank you.

Cowboy, thanks for brekkie! You’ve outdone yourself!!!

You have lots of decisions ahead Cowboy, I wish you well and hope everything works out best for all involved. These family situations can be tough. Thankfully you don’t have al to interfere!

I booked an appointment to have the snow tires changed, the earliest time available was a week away! I mentioned this to my neighbour and he said he’d do both vehicles for me. He brought over his compressor and tools and in 30 minutes he changed 8 tires. He wouldn’t accept any payment until I suggested he take his wife out for supper on us. Hope they enjoy a nice meal.

Congrats on the family addition Jude! My in-laws had horses for years and it was a treat for our kids growing up to experience everything involved in their care.

Sunny but cool this morning for our walk but warm enough later to barbecue. Gotta love this time of year!

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

43F with the sun coming out.
                      Happy Easter everyone.
                      Grateful for another 24

Comment

Happy Easter everyone. It will be a quiet one for us. Our son and his family left this morning for a week at Disney World. We are holding down the fort while they are away.

Beautiful, crisp, clear day here! I'm hoping for a long walk.

[MENTION=1075]jude[/MENTION], have fun with your new horse. I used to own horses. Loved them so much and to me were worth every penny. Enjoy!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

It was sure nice reading everyone's news today. Very exciting about the horse, Jude! What kind is it? We used to have a Tennessee Walker and an Arabian. Like you said, they take a lot of money and work as well so when the kids moved away, we sold ours. I am sure it was the right decision for us, but I sure did miss seeing them out on the pasture.

Easter egg hunt went well. I'm sure there's 4-5 more out there but Mr. D and I hid them a little too well! LOL

Happy Easter everyone! 24 more for all of us, please Mr. Easter Bunny!

Thanks for the quote and the breakfast, Cowboy. If you'd like I can take the second part of the week of QD. Let me know.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Thanks for the quote and breakfast yesterday cowboy...both were excellent!

Pig Pen (I didn't name him is being shipped in today. He's an 11 year old Paint gelding that originally came from out west. He even has a brand! I'm so excited and barely slept last night!
                            I'll have to post pics as soon as I can figure it out! [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], you know how technologically challenged I am!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

I bet he is beautiful, Jude! I think it is acceptable practice for a new owner to change a horse's name so if you do, I'd like to suggest Pete the Paint, or Picante. Both are similar sounding to his original name. Just a thought. Do you have a saddle and all the things you need for riding? I remember when we sold our horses we sold those things with them as a package deal since we weren't going to use them anymore anyway.

Another 24 please and thank you.
                              Dill

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Jude I cant wait to see pics of Mr. P. Maybe he could be our team mascot! Sounds like everyone had a wonderful Easter. Another 24 for me please and thanks. Also, ABC the breakfast was delicious!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X