No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“There is no doubt in my mind that there are many ways to be a winner, but there is really only one way to be a loser and that is to fail and not look beyond the failure.” - Kyle Rote Jr.

6:00am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

4C (40F) this morning and a bit windy. Spending today at the farm to finish the overhead door, pump some water, and get the water ready to turn on in the camper. Seeding starts the end of this week or the beginning of next!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

48F and sunny, gonna be a beauty today, yesterday was gorgeous.
      Got a bike ride in, and smoked a big salmon, perfect.
      Can't wait to see a photo of Pig Pen, nice.
      24 more hours of peace please.

Comment

Here you go [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], https://www.mywayout.org/community/f...-pictures.html, it's really quite easy... I'm wondering if the breeders named all their horses after Charlie Brown characters lol, we named all of ours after Disney characters!

Sounds like a good plan [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], you want to do Thursday, Friday, and Saturday? Then I'll adjust the schedule unless one of the others wants to take over [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]'s spot until (if) she returns...

Posting Pictures is a link to the thread I created, just click on it...
        Last edited by abcowboy; April 22, 2019, 07:22 AM.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:50 am in Vegas another 24
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Great quote!

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], I'm trying your link steps. Here's is a picture from our property yesterday. You can see Mt. Adams and Mt. Rainier in the distance. Construction should (hopefully) start May 1. Keeping my fingers crossed!

It was a gorgeous Easter here yesterday! I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], it worked! That's so much better than the tiny thumbnails.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you. Day 56, $840 saved, about half the cost of my upcoming flight to Oz.

Sunny and warm later on, sounds like perfect walking conditions with my little buddy and later on, perfect for grilling steaks.

Look forward to seeing pics of Pig Pen!

Have a great af Monday everyone.

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good Morning Café crowd,
                  Thank you Dill and AB for taking over the quotes this week.. and thank you all for the loving PM's and concern.
                  I'm sorry I didn't respond. Also to your email, AB.
                  I could have but I didn't know what to say. I knew I wanted to come back but I didn't know how or when I would find the will and strength and courage.
                  I fought for a good day 1 in yesterday and am feeling like I'm ready, in the right state of mind to get back on path to finding my way out. I'm making a promise to myself this morning for another 24 af hours. :hug:to all of you.

Comment

Welcome back LC! So proud of you for coming back...we all know how hard the struggle is. We missed you!

Mr. P arrived yesterday, and I'm already in love with him! He walked off the trailer like nobody's business, went into his stall, and calmly started eating hay.

Hope that everyone has a great day!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

"Good things and success don't come to those who sit and do nothing; they come to those who stand up and do something." - Charles Sullivan

6:00am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

It's 5C (52F) this morning, and going to be a beautiful sunny day! Overhead door is done and working smoothly, water is ready to be hooked up to the camper, just need to get the big pond of water pumped over the hill into the dugout. A few more days of pumping and that job should be done.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

54F and overcast.
                        What a great view Ginger, can't wait to see the house.
                        Glad Mr. Pig arrived safe!
                        Hugs to you LC, yes, we all know how hard it is.
                        Great way to look at things, QW, money saved going to positive things in your life.
                        Cleaned out TONS of old clothes yesterday , and dropped the off to a social service. Some good stuff in there as well, some even new. I've lost 35 pounds since I quit drinking, and most of the clothes don't fit anymore.
                        Waves to everyone else.
                        24 more here please.

Comment

I can't wait to see pictures of Mr. P., Jude!
                          I liked seeing your big picture, Ginger.. looks beautiful!
                          I'll have to read AB's post on how to do that!

Comment

Glad Mr P is "home" safe and sound [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! Something tells me he's about to get spoiled lol. When [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] said Mr P, it reminded me of Wilbur and Mr Ed, now that's going back many years lol.

It's so good to see you back [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]! Don't ever think you don't belong here, even if everyday is Day 1! That's why we're here, to help you move forward to Day 2, 3, etc. I remember doing exactly the same, drinking daily and too embarrassed to stick with my support, wondering why I couldn't get it right. You just got to keep trying, it will stick eventually....

p.s. Did you want to take over QD for the rest of the week?

Comment

6:00 am in Vegas another 24
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning and Welcome back LC. We are all here for you and many of us (including myself) needed many starts to finally feel like we have it right!! Ginger love the view. WOW just beautiful. Jude, so glad Mr. P. made it safely. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X