Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

LC, great to see you back in the Cafe! You were missed. I know the welcome I received after I lapsed a couple of months ago made it easier to stick with my quit. You know we’re here for you anytime.

Off to walk my little buddy in a few minutes then I’m searching for a new insurer. The company we’ve been with for the past 5 years saw fit to inflict a 125% premium increase on the house policy. We’ve been claims free for 40 years and all we do is pay the premiums in advance. And they have the nerve to say in their cover letter “Here’s to another year”! Also in search of a new agent because our current one didn’t bother to call when the renewal came in to explain the increase.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone!

QW
    Last edited by Quit wining; April 23, 2019, 08:25 AM.
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Can't wait to see a picture, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. He sounds like a dream. Trailering is so important and it sounds like Mr. P has it handled!

Welcome "HOME", [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]! Glad you are back. We missed you!

Hope everyone's day is productive and peaceful. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Yay! Welcome back LC!

I'll be glad to take Thursday thru Saturday, Cowboy.

24 more please and thank you!
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Thanks, Dill.. that would be great for me. Then I could take your week next time, if you want.
          Have a good night, everyone!

Comment

No LC, that won't be necessary! Thanks for the offer tho. I'm just so glad to have you back with us!

Oh, by the way Mr. V, I forgot to congratulate on the weight loss! Awesome! You must feel great, and look great too!
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good Morning, Café,

I'm in for another 24 af hours.. making my commitment for the day.
              Wishing you all a nice Wednesday.. xx

Comment

Yo fam w'dup! LC in da house Yo!

Grateful for the last 24 hours sober. Another 24 please umpire.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good morning. Another 24 for me please!

Comment

Hey G! Good to see you here at the cafe!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes on Mr.P! He's doing well, and went out into the pasture for the first time yesterday and did great! Can't get any decent pics of him on my cell phone, but I'll keep trying!

QW...If be running, not walking to find a new insurance company!

How are you doing LC?

Another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

"The secret is not to give up hope. It's very hard not to because if you're really doing something worthwhile I think you will be pushed to the brink of hopelessness before you come through the other side." - George Lucas

6:00am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn god day not to drink!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great to see you [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION]! Did you get your destinations finalized and tickets purchased? [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] is headed to Melbourne sometime this year, hopefully y'all will get a chance to meet up!
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

49F and overcast.
                          Can't wait to see a photo of Mr P.
                          Thanks, Dill feeling good and looking go...er, well, lol!
                          LC and G on the same day!
                          I hate insurance companies, QW. Seems such a waste sometimes. Really just need them for catastrophic loss. If you did make a claim, they'd nickel dime you on everything.
                          24 more here please.

Comment

Hi crew. AB, arranging flights now. Hopefully locked in by friday. The travel agent and i have had a few crossed wires but we'll get there. Hope all are well. Don't get me started on insurance companies. A friend was telling me a similar story last week.

Big waves to all!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

5:48 am in Vegas another 24
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

G’man, great to see you in the Cafe! I’m going to be in your neighbourhood Aug 6-13 for our youngest son’s wedding. Can’t wait to have a flat white! Best coffee ever!!!

Mr V, imho opinion, insurance is legalized theft. You only find out how good your coverage is when you make a claim. And in over 40 years of being insured for house and vehicles, I’ve made 3 claims and got nickled and dimed each time. One quote I got yesterday for our vehicles was $1,300 higher than the others, for the same coverage! How is that possible?

Cool but sunny this morning, should be perfect walking weather.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone.

QW
                                Last edited by Quit wining; April 24, 2019, 08:50 AM.
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X