No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya, it's been quiet across most of the boards [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]. Not sure why that is, probably a number of reasons. I sometimes get to thinking that on the small forums like MWO and WQD it seems like we're preaching to the choir and just plain run out of things to talk about. I thought I might take a break from all the Forums during seeding season but then thought, who am I kidding, I'd come everyday to read anyway lol.

Some good quotes [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], it's easy to stay sober when life is good, but staying sober through troubled times really tests your strength. But if we just keep reminding ourselves that we just need to get through today, it makes things easier to keep our strength up. And in doing that, we develop our strength even more!

p.s. Saw the pic of Mr P on FB [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], mighty fine looking horse!
    Last edited by abcowboy; April 26, 2019, 07:08 AM.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

6:00 am in Vegas another 24
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Cowboy, living in Alberta has taught me to always keep the snow shovel accessible. We need moisture and will take it in either form, just hope if it’s snow there isn’t too much.

More de-junking on the agenda for today as we continue to downsize.

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

51F and still raining. Over 1.5 inches the last 24 hrs.
          Papillon made a big impact on me when it came out in 73. Recently rewatched it, but have not seen the remake.
          24 more please.

Comment

Agreed Mr. P is a beauty, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. Love seeing the pictures. Keep posting!

Making breakfast for my granddaughter. Have to skidditle!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Hope you don't mind [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] but I figured everyone would like a look at your new 4-legged friend!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hi everyone!
                Is that your Mr. P., Jude? What a beautiful horse.
                I haven't read back yet.. I've been super busy cooking and preparing for my youngest daughter's confirmation today.
                I'll catch up this evening.
                But I did want to get in here to say that I'm in for another 24 af hours!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. ABC, Thanks for posting Jude’s Mr. P. He is a very handsome man. It’s nice to see what he looks like. Today I am taking my grandsons to see the mounted police horses. They are having some kind of show at a stable nearby. Horses in my future today. LOL. Hope everyone has a great and peaceful Saturday!

Comment

Every great dream begins with a dreamer.
                    Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.

~Harriet Tubman

Rava, that sounds like a fun activity with your grandson! Enjoy.
                    Jude, Mr. P is gorgeous!
                    Cowboy, I'm glad you decided to keep posting during seeding season but I can understand that you will be pressed for time. There seem to be fewer and fewer posting all the time. It makes me wonder if someday the site will be shut down.
                    LC, enjoy I hope the celebration of your daughter's confirmation. Those events can be a lot of work, but they are so special. I hope she enjoys the day!
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Thanks cowboy for posting the pic of Mr. P! That was his "stock" photo from the place that I got him. He doesn't look like that now, as he's had a few good rolls in the mud! The place that I'm boarding him has a large herd of red Angus cattle. I was curious to see how he reacted to them so I walked him around the property, and let him have a look see. Didn't bother him in the least! Some horses would have really freaked out! He's very sensible! Thinking about calling him Shiloh but not sure yet!

Thanks [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] for the great quotes this week!

Asking for another sober day, and thank you!

Comment

42F and sunny, rain later.
                        Got to get out and enjoy it while I can.
                        Welcome to the cafe, Mr P
                        24 more here please.

Comment

6:15am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

Right at the freezing mark this morning, no rain or snow for us yet, but "they" still say it's coming lol.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Shiloh is a great name for him [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! Was he trained in any specific discipline, or just a good pleasure riding mount? Sounds like he's been around cattle, either a working cow horse, rodeo horse, or team penning...

Have a great time at the RCMP Musical Ride [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! I've seen them perform a few times and it's truly something beautiful to watch!

Thanks for helping out this week [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], and great quotes! No more sneaking away just to get out of QD [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] lol, we'll expect you to be here with your great quotes next time your turn rolls around!

Not sure what's on my agenda for today, but you can be sure that drinking won't be a part of it! Have a great Saturday y'all, any special requests for breakfast tomorrow?
                            Last edited by abcowboy; April 27, 2019, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Guess I best git a hitching post set up in front of the Café and a few square hay bales at the ready!

Comment

6:13 am in Vegas another 24
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X