~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good Saturday morning, everyone. Thanks for the great quotes, [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION].

Didn't turn the furnace on last night and the 5th wheel was 48°F this morning! Poor dog was laying here shivering. This aluminum box can get pretty cold but warms up fast!

Spent the day with my sisters visiting garden centers and having lunch. What a great day!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Snowflakes just starting to fall here Cowboy. Jessie was less than impressed when she went out this morning. And, she’s gone back to bed.

Jude, Shiloh is a great name for a horse! And what a handsome horse he is!!

We’ve hired a contractor to do some work around the house. He started yesterday preparing trim for painting but with the current weather and long range forecast, we don’t expect he’ll get any more outside work done for a week or so. He’s also doing some inside work- re-grouting tile in the foyer and bathrooms. We know the contractor so will give him a key to the house and we’ll escape for a couple of days, likely to Canmore. Jessie goes to the Howliday Inn while we enjoy the beautiful mountain scenery.

Hope everyone enjoys their Saturday af!

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe. ABC I will take some scrapple thin and crispy please! Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please!!!

Comment

“Please don't be overly sober with your precious wings, it's your addiction to freedom that makes me think that i too can defy gravity.”
          ― Curtis Tyrone Jones

I can really relate to this quote as I have a tendency to be overconfident in my sobriety. The Rose colored glasses come out, and I think about how nice it would be to just have one glass of wine. I still miss that feeling of peace and wellbeing after a couple of drinks. The things that I forget are the memory lapses, unexplained bruises the next morning, and in general just feeling like crap. Unbelievable how much better I feel being sober; it's not worth the consequences of trying to have "just one" drink .

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]...I don't really know much about Shiloh's past other than he was owned by an older gentleman that used him for trail rides, but I'm sure that wasn't his first owner. I guess I'll find out what he does and doesn't know the more that I'm around him. I would be much obliged if you'd start working on that hitching post, and maybe add some hay the breakfast menu!:horse:

Happy Sunday all!

Another 24 please and thank you!
          Last edited by Jude58; April 28, 2019, 06:12 AM.

Comment

48F with a cloud cover and spitting.
            another bike ride yesterday, that's a good thing.
            waves to all
            24 more please

Comment

6:20am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

-5C (22F) this morning, talk about chilly! We escaped both the snow and rain, but other parts of the province got hit hard...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours f sobriety:
              [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I've never heard of scrapple [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], but I'm sure enough going to give it a try! Hope it's done the way you like it!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:54 am in Vegas another 24
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I'm thinking this should do the trick...

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jessie and I braved the elements and walked yesterday afternoon. Shortly after we got home the storm started in earnest - heavy snow driven by gale force winds. The wind died down during the night and this morning everything is white. There are a couple of snowdrifts in the backyard about 2’ deep. Jessie was thrilled!

Good thing the snow shovel is close by!

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], your quote reminds me of an experiment that Annie Grace (Alcohol Experiment) did after many days of sobriety. She locked herself in a room and while drinking a bottle of wine, she recorded it. It was an eye opener to watch her turn into a completely different person than the one we'd gotten to know. She watches that video when she gets "alcohol amnesia" to remind herself how negative AL really is. I'm not advocating doing this by any means but if I ever find myself drinking again, I'm sure going to! It clearly shows how all the romantic things we tell ourselves about AL are lies. [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], I tried to find the YouTube to share and couldn't. Do you know where to find it?

Hope everyone has a great Sunday. Yummy brekkie, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! Love the outside improvements to the cafe! Gitty up, partner!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

I never had scrapple before. Nice to try something new!

24 more please and thank you.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

“An alcoholic is someone who can violate his standards faster than he can lower them.”
                            ― Robin Williams

Quick fly by this morning!

Another 24please and thank you!

Comment

Good quote, Jude, thank you. I've always enjoyed life boat humor; the kind that really makes sense to those in the boat together, like we are. Robin Williams was a gifted but tortured soul. But what he said in that quote was so true!

Gorgeous day dawning here. Clouds and some sun but no rain in the forecast. Unfortunately we have a funeral to attend. But the woman led a long and full life and had a firm belief in Christ all of which eases the loss for the rest of us. I do worry for her daughter tho, my SIL. She lost her brother just one week prior to her mother and they were a very close knit family.

Ona a lighter note, did I mention that the cliff swallows that built under my eaves last spring has returned? They have been sitting on the eggs for one week now. It shouldn't be long till they hatch!

24 more please and thank you.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

46F and partly sunny.
                                Scrapple is very similar to out goetta, here, Dill.
                                Goetta is made of pork and oats.
                                I have been watching Hell on Wheels on Nextflix, looks like the front of the cafe, lol! Good show, but violent, all film in BC, Canada.
                                Got to get on the road.
                                24 more please.

Comment

Working...
                                X