No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:55am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

-3C (26F) and going to be cold all week. Looks like the start of seeding is going to have to wait...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Had to comment on your quotes [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], they both hit home for me. I must be a rare bird because if I entertain the thought of having one drink it is immediately followed by the thought that who am I kidding, I don't want one drink, I want to get drunk! Thoughts like that keep reminding me of who I was, and a time in my life that I was at my lowest. I never take my sobriety for granted because I know for a fact that I'd be a drunk all over again after just having one. It's not always easy wanting something we can't have, but I've learned to accept that even sobriety isn't always going to be easy...

I think Robin Williams was thinking about me when he said those words! No matter how stupid the things were that I did while drinking, I always convinced myself that it wasn't that bad, other people did things that were way worse. And I did get worse, but blamed it on the booze, not on myself...
      Last edited by abcowboy; April 29, 2019, 07:18 AM.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:54 am in Vegas another 24
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you. Day 63, $945 available for better uses.

Its a stressful day here as Mrs QW’s brother and wife will be here for lunch. No reason to be stressed, just her Parkinson’s rearing it’s ugly head.

Off to vacuum and then grocery shop, my contribution for our visitors.

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I have the gkids before school this morning so quick check in. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Missed my check in this morning. ABC the scrapple was cooked perfectly! thanks. Ginger I will see tomorrow if I can find that video. I may have it somewhere. Well hello and goodnight cafe. Another 24 for me please!

Comment

“The past does not define me, it ignites me. The past is not a piece of me, it has placed me”
                ― Ricky Maye

Happy Tuesday all!
                Looking forward to another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning. Love the quote Jude. I have been placed here due to my past. Thats so true. We go through this journey together working on keeping our past in the past and growing from it. Hope everyone has a great Tuesday! Another 24 for me please!

Comment

Dill!
                    Last edited by abcowboy; April 30, 2019, 06:43 AM.

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

Right on the freezing mark this morning and I got the call from the farm boss last night. We start putting peas in the ground today!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

That quote is spot on [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! Whenever I get to thinking if it's all worth it, I just think about my past and the sobriety flame burns bright again!
                        Last edited by abcowboy; April 30, 2019, 07:00 AM.

Comment

56F and it looks and feels like rain.
                          Man, I did some stupid stuff in the past, moving beyond that now.
                          Happy birthday, Dill!
                          24 more please.

Comment

Happy Birthday Dill!! 5:48 am in Vegas another 24
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the birthday greetings! Mother Nature has seen fit to give me the gift of a nice spring day with no rain. Thank you [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] for that beautiful cake! You are amazing! I have cut the first piece so now everybody help yourselves...

Well Mr. V I had never heard of goetta either! But I did watch the series Hell on Wheels and enjoyed it very much. I'm not sure I could watch it again tho, knowing what happens...

QW I hope Mrs. Q was able to unwind and enjoy. I can completely understand how she might feel stressed. I know how I like everything to be perfect and "just so" when I'm having anyone in...even family. I think it's a woman thing. When you don't feel up to par and in control of things when company is coming, it can cause stress. It takes an effort to learn to let go of that. I've been working on that for myself.

24 more please and thank you.
                              Last edited by dill; April 30, 2019, 08:42 AM.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Happy Birthday Dill! Hope you have a wonderful day! Awesome cake Cowboy!! Your culinary skills never cease to amaze!

The family visit went well yesterday and the stress level is now back to normal.

Sunny and cool here today and allergy season is in full swing.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone.

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X