No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6:15am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

-5C (22F) and sunny, was dry enough that I got 240 acres of peas seeded yesterday!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:46 am in Vegas another 24
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Cool and damp this morning, will have to dress warmly for our morning walk.

Last evening I got an email from someone with Parkinson Canada thanking us for the support we’ve given the organization. Totally unexpected but much appreciated.

Great quote today. Once out from under the influence of alcohol we can see and hopefully appreciate who we really are. It’s a bonus when others recognize it too.

Have a great Saturday everyone, af, of course. And since I haven’t seen it here, best wishes for a Happy Star Wars Day!

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Such a true quote! Oh the things AL can make us believe. Things like.... it helps my anxiety, makes me more social, relaxes me and on and on. When you really unpack it though, everything we say AL helps with actually makes those things worse. That's why I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

When I first drove up to that property my heart soared and I knew it was mine! However, it took a little work to convince hubby but he came around! (~:

Comment

What great quotes this week [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], and today’s was spot on again! When I was drinking, I did let alcohol define me, my thoughts, my words, and my actions all revolves around drinking. I just figured it was who I was. Those few times that I had some stretches of AF living made me realize that there was maybe something better for me after all, but I still wanted to be the carefree life of the party that alcohol let me be. It wasn’t until I had some appreciable amount of sober time that I realized I didn’t need to be the person that I was when I was a drunk, it was far better to let me define me, not something out of a can or bottle!

If I didn’t know better [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], I’d say you are building your house on a gravel pit from the looks of it lol. Should be no problem with drainage and the view is spectacular!! Progress pics for sure please, and especially when they start roughing in the plumbing lol.

I’ve never heard of frozen grapes either [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]. Don’t think I’m adventuresome enough to try it lol, I’ll stick to the chewable kind!

With any luck at all we’ll finish seeding peas tomorrow and then start on the malt barley. Hopefully the Big Guy blesses us with decent seeding weather for the next few weeks! It’s been too cold to be staying in the camper so I’ve been driving back and forth early mornings and late nights. I don’t really mind the drive, but it cuts out about an hour and a half of sleep time lol.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

My ride for the next month or so

Some of the electronics and controls for the unit...

Last edited by abcowboy; May 4, 2019, 04:50 PM.

Comment

What I see from the cab...

Comment

Beautiful pics, ABC! Our area has lots of fields like that. You could come down here and work! Our lot is primarily caliche, which is harder than heck! I think the operators will be glad to be done with the digging! We will only have hardscape. No grass on our knob. We don't want to waste the water or take care of grass anymore so native plants, stone and gravel will be our yard!:happy2:

Comment

Wow! Awesome view [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! Cowboy....I would much rather see scenery like that from inside the tractor, rather than staring at four walls in an office!

Happy Cinco De Mayo all!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning and Happy Sunday. ABC, nice pictures of your tractor! I agree with Jude about scenery vs 4 walls. Rainy day today. UGH Going to a neighborhood party today. Sure there will be AL there but I’m taking my Perrier. Hope everyone has a great day and enjoy ABCs breakfast. I will have to take a rain check on that!

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

Cool out this morning at -6C (20F) but it's nice and warm in the tractor lol.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Breakfast is ready!

Comment

5:59 am in Vegas another 24
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Still cool and I’m sad to say, it snowed last evening so there are white rooftops in our neighbourhood.

We’re heading to Canmore next week for a couple of days while some work is done at the house. Looking forward to being close to the mountains. Hopefully Mrs QW will be up for a bit of hiking on flat ground. While there will buy a few bottles of Bow Valley hot sauces, best sauces I’ve ever tasted.

Great work photos Cowboy. Your view is so much better than looking at office walls. I always had one of my nature photos hanging in my office and frequently would take a break for a couple of minutes, look at the photo, and remember the circumstances around taking the photo - who I was with, the trail I had taken to get to the spot, etc. It was a nice mental health break!

Off to brekkie, thanks for the inspiration Cowboy!

Have a great af Cinco de Mayo everyone.

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thanks for breakfast, ABC. I'm with everyone else, your office is way cooler than my four walls ever were. QW, I did the same thing with pictures in my office! Helped keep me sane sometimes.

Hope everyone has a restful Sunday. Forecast looks like summer may come early around here. High 80s next week! Hopefully, it's a short visit and we will get back to normal temps after that. Otherwise, it's going to be a long summer!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!
                                Last edited by Ginger999; May 5, 2019, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X