~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Hi Bri! Great to hear you made it through the year AL. That is no small feat when faced with change and adversity!

Hope everyone has a great AF weekend. We leave tomorrow morning for a fishing trip and won't be home until Thursday. Last time we were there the cell service was nonexistent so don't worry if I go dark for a few days. I'm solid in my quit!

Gkids spent the night and are getting up. I better get going!!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Just to give you an idea how bad we need rain, somewhere out in that dust is 12 feet of air drill with dual wheels front and back that I’m supposed to keep an eye on!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

You shouldn't be fearful of starting over.
        ~Jeffrey Katzenberg

Of course we all are fearful of starting over, but it shouldn't be so. We should be more fearful of continuing down a road we already know leads nowhere! ...Or even worse, to destruction.

Wow [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! Just looking at the picture nearly triggered a coughing fit!

It was a beautiful full moon last night and I am so glad I got to see it! I hope some of you did too. There's something special about a full moon and even more so when you see it with an AF mind. Happy Sunday everyone!

24 more, please and thank you.
        Last edited by dill; May 19, 2019, 05:51 AM.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Wow cowboy, that's a lot of dust! Wish that I could send you some rain, as we have an abundance of the stuff! Thanks for the great quotes last week!
          [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]....Mr. J will be out of work for at least 6 weeks with lots of PT! He's retiring at the end of August, so not many work days left for him!

Good to see you Bri....awesome that you were able to stay sober after going through all the BS!

Hope that everyone has a great Sunday!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

6:20am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

Nice view at my feet this morning, Hank! Drove home late last night as the farm boss says no seeding today!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17161]briseus[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Last edited by abcowboy; May 19, 2019, 07:22 AM.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Simple but tasty breakfast this morning...

Comment

5:57 am in Vegas another 24
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Sunny and cool when we walked this morning. In six years of living here, Jessie and I have seen deer on our walks before but this morning we came face to face with a doe, about 10 feet away. We froze and then Jessie decided the deer needed herding. That was the end of that encounter!

Have some landscaping to do today so best get at it. Awesome looking brekkie Cowboy! Thanks.

Have a great af Sunday everyone!!

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], you are in a cab and not breathing that dust, right?

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], hubs had his shoulder done after he retired and he says it's the best decision he ever made. Took about 6 months to really feel the benefit. He was religious about his PT. I fear I wouldn't be!

Hope everyone has a restful Sunday. Off to the lake. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Hi Café crew.
                      Thanks for the quote, Dill..
                      I'm at the end of another 24 af hours.. and have a strong plan for another 24 tomorrow.
                      Good night..xx

Comment

Well, I got another horse yesterday! He's a beautiful QH and he's much calmer than Pig Pen! For those of you that care to check him out, they have a face book page called Rubin livestock services ( horse division). His name is Stetson, and they have pics and a video of him. Let's hope that this one works out a little better than the last one!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

“The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts.”
                          ~Marcus Aurelius

Mr. D and I have been watching the Roman Empire series on Netflix. I've decided to look for quotes from the era for the rest of the week: the wisdom of the ages.

Here's to a contented and AF Monday for each of us! 24 more please and thank you.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe! Jude, so glad you found another horse. Stetson, sounds very regal. Nice name!!! Let us know how he does. Hope everyone has a great Monday. Its supposed to be 89 here today. Yikes, not sure I’m ready for this but at least maybe we will see the sun. Can’t wait until Saturday, we are flying to Florida to see our little condo! No time for booze or thoughts of booze. Towing the line here!!! Making changes in the right direction. After we see the condo and look around it might be time for snowbird status this winter. We shall see....

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

Going to be another beautiful day, back out to the farm and in a tractor for me...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                              [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I had a very lazy day yesterday, spent most of the day in the backyard sitting with Hank and reading. Bubba was in and out with us, but mostly Hank and I just taking in the sunshine.

Yes, the tractor has a cab [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], when we get windy days like that, the farm boss refers to it as farming in the 80's lol. I don't know how they kept track of seeding a field when you can't see the equipment you are seeding with! Thank goodness for GPS and field mapping. We usually don't go too late at night when we're seeding, but there's something special about watching a full moon from the seat of a tractor or combine [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! Watching it rise from the horizon till it's shining brightly from overhead, makes one realize just how small we are in the grand scheme of things...

Hope Stetson works out better for you [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! I'll have to go take peek on FB!

Yesterday when Hank and I were sitting outside, I got to thinking about all of us. We're all getting long in the tooth with retirement/retiring either upon us or in the near future. I've seen a few of you on FB and think, they don't look like they could have/had a drinking problem like me! And it reminded me that alcohol isn't selective in the type of people it destroys, we come from all ages, races, all walks of life, and I wonder where we would be if we weren't alcoholics, or if we'd sobered up years and years ago. That's pretty much water under the bridge though, we don't get mulligan's or do overs, we get today...plain and simple....make the most of it...
                                Last edited by abcowboy; May 20, 2019, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X