~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning. ABC, thanks for the post about non drinking friends. Yes this forum gives us both accountability and friendship. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thanks!

Comment

I'm grateful that I have friends of both stripes: drinking and nondrinking! That has never been a particular issue for me. When I realized I could not drink socially anymore without going over the line, I quit drinking socially. Unfortunately, that is when I quit doing much at all socially and just isolated and drank at home.

No drinking today! 24 more please and thank you!
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

Thanks for sending the rain up our way, it's raining this morning!!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:46 am in Vegas another 24
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], have a great time riding!

Busy weekend! Having our granddaughter for an overnight. We haven't seen her for awhile, she's so busy! How can a 9yo be busy? Not sure but she is. All I know is I'm so thankful to be AF to enjoy her to the fullest!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Ginger, have fun with your granddaughter on the weekend. We’re having our 4 year old granddaughter for the weekend and have been kid-proofing the house in anticipation of her visit. She and I often bake cookies when she’s here, looking forward to that.

Cowboy, I had a good chuckle at your story of the locked safe. 20-40-60 is referred to as stock numbers, something I know thanks to my misspent youth in banking. When a safe or compartment in a bank vault is out of use, the combination is set to stock numbers so that no one has to keep track of the previous combination. Or, it could be in this case, the combination was never changed from the factory setting of 20-40-60. BTW, a 4 digit combination would have stock numbers of 20-40-60-80. I hope no one paid the locksmith who looked at this!

This morning Jessie and I were treated to a close encounter with a handsome buck. We startled each other and he took off through the trees.

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thanks for sending the rain up here you guys, but y’all could have kept the snow to yourselves lol

Adam just sent this pic to me from his dining room window (their place is 3 miles from our farm) and the snow is starting to fall here now as well. We need the moisture, no matter what form it comes in!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

""“The honey doesn't taste so good once it is being eaten; the goal doesn't mean so much once it is reached; the reward is no so rewarding once it has been given. If we add up all the rewards in our lives, we won't have very much. But if we add up the spaces *between* the rewards, we'll come up with quite a bit. And if we add up the rewards *and* the spaces, then we'll have everything - every minute of the time that we spent.” ― Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

Appreciating all of the time we have!
                  Missed yesterday here, as I had a 12 hour work day, then helping set up for a baptism, then daughter's best friend's play, then packing for the weekend.. enjoyed (almost) every minute.
                  It sounds like everyone is doing well..
                  AB, snow is crazy this time of year!
                  I hope everyone has a nice weekend. Here's to another 24 af hours for us all!

Comment

Thanks for the great quotes this past week [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]! Especially liked yesterday's!

Snow cowboy? Oh my!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning and hell to the no for snow!! Hope everyone has a good Saturday. I’m spending it with my baby grandsons. I will be exhausted but at least I will be sober and not counting the minutes to having another drink. UGH. What a stupid way to live......

Comment

Thanks for the great quotes this week, LC! Like Jude, I especially like yesterday's. I have always found the anticipation of good things to be as rewarding as the actual event...like waiting for Christmas morning.

No plans for the day at the moment but I will be thinking of you all today: QW with his 4yo, Ginger with her 9yo, Jude with Stetson, Rava with her baby grandsons, Cowboy, LC, Mr. V, PW, enjoying their days and ALL of us enjoying another 24 together! Please and thank you.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:05am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

3C (38F) this morning, snow is all melted here in town and the sun is shining brightly. We got 8/10's of an inch of rain in town, and when I talked with Adam last night, the farm had 1 and 7/10's with a lot more snow than we got in town. Cooler temps for the week ahead which is nice...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                          Last edited by abcowboy; June 8, 2019, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the info [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], somehow I think I remember them saying that when I took my locksmithing. It's like the push button locks that most people have now, they all come from the factory with 1,2,3,4 as the combination.

Originally posted by dill
                            I will be thinking of you all today: QW with his 4yo, Ginger with her 9yo, Jude with Stetson, Rava with her baby grandsons, Cowboy, LC, Mr. V, PW, enjoying their days
                            I do this often [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], think of y'all throughout my day, you've become better friends to me than many of my f2f friends! Speaking of which, I was just thinking yesterday that [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] must have gotten lost in NYC!

Now let me see, I know the time difference between here and Germany can pose a problem, but I still expect to see another great quote from you today [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]! The one you posted yesterday reminded me of the pink cloud effect that many of us experience. That feeling we get when we go through times and events that we used to drink through and getting through them now without needing alcohol. And then when we get through all those firsts we start to question if that's all there is to sobriety, just getting through all the times we used to find so hard. But when we look back and see how much we've been through, where we are today, those "spaces" become just as important as the "events". Sobriety doesn't mean we're going to have a perfect, happy life, it means we can get through life without wasting it away....
                            Last edited by abcowboy; June 8, 2019, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Busy night with little miss. Made a pinecone bird feeder with peanut butter and bird seed, then we made a bead key chain and lastly played cats cradle. I haven't done that in 50 years and it showed! I did similar things with the older grandkids just with a glass of wine nearby. I wonder how their experience differed? I'm sure not going to bring it up with any of them. I'm afraid I couldn't take the answer.

I have our two youngest grandsons next week as they are out of school for the summer. On Friday, I take them to the ocean for 5 days with my sister's and their grandsons. I would never have done this in my drinking days. Too big a commitment for my drinking lifestyle.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable AF Saturday. ABC, glad you didn't have to shovel snow in June. That would have been a travesty!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24hours please & thank you.

I picked up our granddaughter this morning and brought her to our house. So far she’s had lots of treats with more likely before she goes home tomorrow. She’s been to the park, gone shopping with Mrs QW and played with the toys that live here. I think Rice Krispie squares are next on the agenda. Both grandkids love coming to stay with us and of course we love having them.

I hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday without al!

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X