~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning and happy Sunday. I am up before ABCs breakfast. Sounds like lots of grandchildren in this group. Being able to enjoy them sober is the best gift we can give ourselves and them. Hope everyone has a great day! Another 24 for me please!

Comment

“Be grateful. These feelings, no matter how painful, are part of
      living. Today, we are alive—not anesthetized, not sedated, not passed
      out. Take control of your feelings and through action you can change.
      Today, as every day of sober living, we have a choice.”
      ― Ann D. Clark

I truly believe that gratitude is a huge factor in maintaining sobriety, and it has helped me get through many a rough patch!

Sounds as though many of you are enjoying your grand kids....just one more thing to be grateful for!

Hope that everyone enjoys their Sunday!

Comment

Up early here too, but I generally am! Yesterday was a bad news good news day where bad fortune came our way but all I could do was marvel at the good! Mr. D and I planted a weeping willow years ago by our pond. Unfortunately it was undermined by a muskrat and has been gradually dying for several years. Last week he saw fit to remove it and we hatched a plan to replace it with a Dawn Redwood. We wanted one of fair size and picked out one that was about 7 feet tall. We got in our Ford pickup to go get it. Our truck rarely leaves the farm because it is such a gas guzzler we don't use it much on the road. So, we were on our way but were stopped at a light when I noticed the semi driver to my right trying to get my attention and signaling me to roll down my window. I obliged and he started pointing to our right front wheel and he told us excitedly that it was smoking! He said the caliper was stuck. Of course we could smell it as soon as the window was down. We thanked him profusely. Well, we were in four lane traffic on a busy Saturday morning on a stretch of highway that lacked much shoulder with a smoking wheel! We managed to get to get over to the right and we realized luckily that we were very close to a Ford dealership and decided to go their immediately. The service people were very busy with Saturday morning appointments but seeing our situation were kind enough to agree to work us in. Two and a half hours later and $250 later we were back on our way! I was so amazed at the kindness of strangers. We planted our Dawn Redwood together and decided it would be our gift to each other for our upcoming anniversary on the 18th. I even plan a ribbon cutting ceremony to mark the occasion with our children and grandchildren.

One thing is for certain: I was pleased to get thru yesterday's adventures without dealing with the Saturday morning hangover that used to be s given!

I'm joining the grandkids crew today. Add our 7yo and 13 you to the list and let's have 24 more please.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:05am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

Cool and cloudy morning, I'll take it!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Well, I actually stayed in bed 1/2 hour extra this morning lol, but breakfast is ready!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Well, after seeing the Belmont was run yesterday, I think I figured out where Mr V is lol. He's our version of a triple crown winner!

Sometimes people surprise us eh [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! I try and do the same thing if strangers need assistance! Not to mention the dealership squeezing you in!

Great quote to start the week [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! Y'all know my thoughts on being grateful, so no sense going on about it. But I will say that it does take time to train your mind to see the positive in every situation instead of the negative, and being sober sure helps in that regard!

Comment

Well, that's an interesting breakfast pizza, ABC! Dill, so glad your truck issue was resolved and you were back on the road in relatively no time.

Great quote, Jude. The choice is ours!

It was my daughter-in-laws birthday yesterday so we volunteered to watch our two youngest grands so they could go out to dinner. It's been a full gkid weekend! It's 5:39a and it's quiet in the 5th wheel. Unlike last night.lol I'm so ready for my home but there's still no start date, sadly. Sure glad to be sober.

Hope you all have a lovely Sunday. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

My day started with “I sure love you Granddad” and a big hug from my granddaughter. Nothing can top that today!

Dill, so glad you’re truck story had a happy ending. Which anniversary are you celebrating this year, if you don’t mind me asking. We hit 45 next month. It’s getting harder to convince people I got married when I was 6!

Off for a bike ride to a local park and a play before meeting our son and daughter in law for brunch.

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

7:00 am in Vegas another 24
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good Monday morning. Dill, what a story. You told it like a writer. So glad it turned out well for you both! You will have to send a picture of the ribbon cutting! Jude, your quote is spot on. Gratitude is so important for us. Thanks for the pizza breakfast ABC. I would have never thought to put those things together. Ginger, The waiting for your house to get started is so hard. Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Its our 3rd day of rain and clouds!!! I need my condo! Still working on pictures. Has anyone ever heard of cane toads. They say they will kill a small dog and they are as big as small rabbits. Apparently the west coast of Florida is filled with them. Yikes. I thought alligators were my main concern..... Good thing I wont be drunk walking the dog.....

Comment

Kerry Cue
                        “You enter the cave of the bear to become its master or its meat.”
                        ― Kerry Cue, Forgotten Wisdom

Another 24please and thank you

Comment

I love today's quote, Jude. If not properly armed there is no point in mixing with the bear!

QW, we will be married 42 years! It is so hard to believe. Where does the time go? We were married when we were in our mid 20's and suddenly, in a blink of an eye it seems, we are in our late 60's! We have a lot of memories and pictures to show the years, but still... Time is a funny thing.

Cowboy, thanks for the breakfast pizza. I love my eggs over easy so it was perfect for me!

Rava, I have never heard of cane toads and I certainly hope never to run across one! Interesting.

24 more please and thank you.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

Bright and sunny this morning, normal temps for the week...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

You've got me headed to Bing as well [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] to check out these cane toads!!

Great quote [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], I have no intention of feeding the bears, not today, not ever!

Time is a funny thing [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I wonder how different my life would be if I hadn't become a drunk.... But that boat has sailed and I have the rest of my life to make up for lost time...
                              Last edited by abcowboy; June 10, 2019, 01:35 PM.

Comment

5:43 am in Vegas another 24
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X