Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Such a true quote!

I should NOT complain about my house but instead be grateful! Good grief, will I never learn?

Last day of school for the gkids. Better get ready before they get here!

Hope everyone has a great AF Monday. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Day 105, $1,575 not wasted and almost enough to pay for my plane ticket to Australia.

Dill, congrats on your upcoming 42nd anniversary! It’s certainly special in this day of disposable everything!

Our handyman is to be here later today to start on some of the improvements to the house. We also have another company coming to give us a quote on installing a security system. The first quote was fine, right up to the 5 year contract part. Mrs QW is the only one I’d trust for 5 years!

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW
      Last edited by Quit wining; June 10, 2019, 08:56 AM.
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

“Stop looking back when your future is ahead of you”

― Ricky Maye

Simple quote today, but good advice. Funny how this warmer weather has brought back some hefty cravings for a drink. How quickly we remember that nice buzz after a couple of drinks, conveniently forgetting the hell of the next day. Always better to keep our eyes on the road ahead of us!

That's a lot of money saved [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning and great quote Jude. Keep going straight ahead not back. Makes perfect sense. Happy pre Anniversary Dill. Yes the time does fly. Have no clue where it goes. I look at my kids and grandkids and see where the time has gone. We have to soak it all up sober and enjoy each moment. I lost too many moments in a stupor. Thank goodness those days are behind me. (And I’m not looking back). Hope everyone has a super day!

Comment

5:50am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Ya know, I do stop and look back every so often, not to remember all the bad things...but to remind myself how far I've come...
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hi Everyone!
                Thanks for the great quotes, Jude!
                Congrats on 105 days and saving so much money, QW.. a trip to Australia sounds amazing.
                So nice to hear all of you enjoying your time with your grandkids!:love:
                AB, I was a quote short! Knew that wouldn't slide by you.. I'll be posting an extra one next time I'm up!
                Wishing you all a lovely Tuesday and another 24 af hours!xx
                Last edited by lifechange; June 11, 2019, 07:22 AM.

Comment

5:49 am in Vegas another 24
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Our heat is coming back! Sure beats all the rain in OK so no complaints here.

Great quote and good reminder. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Day 2 of house improvements happening today - painting and tile grouting. Looking forward to being done!

Met an acquaintance on our walk this morning. Haven’t seen him since last fall. In that time he had to put down his walking buddy, an 11 year old border collie that he rescued 4 years ago, was diagnosed and treated for prostate cancer and his wife’s worsening dementia is triggering a downsizing and move into an assisted living facility. In spite of his sadness, he seems to be doing remarkably well. Makes me appreciate what I have and makes me even more grateful for sobriety!

Wishing everyone a great Tuesday, af of course!!

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

24 more please and thanks.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

24 more please and thanks. Finally seeing some sun!!

Comment

Ellen Hopkins
                            “It's probably weird to think about an addiction like it's a sentient being, but that's how it feels. Like it's something living inside you. Something you can't get rid of because killing it means killing you.”
                            ― Ellen Hopkins, Identical

Running late this morning!

Happy Wednesday all!

Another 24please and thank you!

Comment

I had a full day yesterday with coffee shop duty before dawn until late morning as per usual for a Tuesday. But this Tuesday was different in that I had help! LOL Both the grandkids wanted to come and work with me so Mr. D brought them over to spend the last hour with me. I showed them how to ring up customers and gson helped restock the chip shelves. Customers were making all kind with comments of how helpful they were. It was a good time for them I think. Of course, I was a proud grandparent!

The rest of the day was spent outdoors with granddaughter and I enjoying a picnic lunch by the pond while Mr. D and gson mowed. Mr. D taught the gson to drive the pickup truck and he really enjoyed that! So, that's why my check in was so brief yesterday.

Today will be a quiet day. The grandkids are back home and I'm playing pick up.

Let's all have a good day! 24 more please and thank you.
                              Last edited by dill; June 12, 2019, 07:38 AM.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Cross-post Jude! Interesting quote today. It put to words some of the thoughts that I had been mulling over the last few days so I thank you for that! I agree with it up until the very last part. Killing it would not mean killing me. Killing it is just darn hard to do or I'd have done it already!
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X