No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6:00am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

By the looks of things it's going to be another beautiful day out there today!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Interesting quote indeed [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], I'm not sure if I thought of booze as being me, but I definitely thought of it as my best friend! And getting rid of it meant getting rid of the friend that helped me get through everything! How could I cope with life without my best friend there to help me...some friend he turned out to be...
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:30 am in Vegas another 24
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning all! Gorgeous morning here but it's going to be a scorcher. Lots of wildfire warning on the news. Wonder if that will help? We will see.

Gkids again today. It's hard to keep an 8 and a 10 year old busy all day! I try to keep them off their technology but I must admit, when I get tired late in the afternoon, I cave!

My son is trying to cut back on his AL consumption. Yesterday he said, you have no idea how hard this is. I had to laugh out load. We had a chat about the truth. Hope it helped him. Keeping my fingers crossed it didn't make it harder for him. He needs to find other ways to deal with stress. Him knowing that is a first step.

Hope everyone has a great AF day. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another24 hours please & thank you.

The renos went well yesterday, Day 2 today will involve more painting. In order to speed up the process and reduce costs, I’ve been doing a lot of stuff like taking down/putting back up towel rods, cabinets, shelving, etc. At days end, I had logged 14,000 steps and 30 flights of stairs.

A beautiful start to the day. Jessie and I walked in mild, sunny conditions.

Dill, sounds like you had a perfect day with the grandkids! Times like that you will cherish for a long time.

Ginger, I know what you mean about keeping grandkids off of their electronics. We find it challenging enough with our 4 & 6 year old grandkids when they visit. And it’s not just kids, as evidenced this morning when we saw a lady driving, a child in the backseat and she was TEXTING! Come on people, what’s so important?

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

"After the first glass, you see things as you wish they were. After the second, you see things as they are not. Finally, you see things as they really are, and that is the most horrible thing in the world." — Oscar Wilde

I love hearing about the grandkids! They are lucky to have you folks, and you are lucky to have them!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning . Dill sounds like you make some good memories with the g kids. QW 14,000 steps is no joke. WOW!! Ginger, Glad your son is seeing the light at the beginning of the tunnel! Hope everyone has a great day. More rain here today. UGH. NEED SOME SUN!!!

Comment

6:05am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

10C (50F) this morning with a nice gentle rain falling...you can keep sending the rain up here [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Do y'all remember back when drinking was fun, when we could control our drinking? That's what this mornings quote had me doing [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. Not that I think I could ever control my drinking again, there's no chance of that. But I tried to think back when my drinking got out of control, and what maybe happened to cause it. Funny thing is, there was no one thing that caused me to become an alcoholic, my drinking just slowly progressed until it was out of control and it didn't seem like I could stop that snowball from rolling and getting bigger.

There was a time when drinking was fun, the first drink....then the time came, the second drink, when I started realizing I had a problem, it wasn't just life making me drink. Then the third drink came, knowing full well that I was nothing more than a drunk, waiting for and craving my next drink. Maybe those three drinks were the stages of alcoholism for me, what started out being fun turned into a living hell....
                    Last edited by abcowboy; June 13, 2019, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Ginger, that's great that you had a little laugh and a talk about al with your son. It can't be anything but a positive! It's always good to have a sense of humor about our troubles whenever we can. "Life boat humor" is what I've heard it called.

And Jude, we love hearing about your adventures too. Back porch reports and Stetson reports are always welcome. How is Mr. J's rehab going?

Rava it seems like we are constantly being rained on! Looking at the 5 day forecast Mr. D said he has no idea when we'll ever get the hay done!

We are thinking this is the last summer for us to keep cattle. Mr. D's health problems last winter made looking after them nearly impossible. He was too weak most of the time to climb on the tractor. Luckily he has bounced back and is doing quite well now. But the experience caused us to decide it is time for us to let them go.

Having a great morning here at the coffee shop. Usually a once a week commitment but I was asked to fill in for a volunteer who's hb passed away. It's going great tho!

24 more sober hours please and thank you.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:44 am in Vegas another 24
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Cross post Cowboy! Yes, I do remember the days. It crept up on me just the same way as you...

Sneaky stuff!
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

It's all fun and games until.... It's not. That's how I think of AL. Sure we had fun times but it sure wasn't the AL that made it fun! In the end, it took fun times and turned them into regrets! Don't miss that! It's so nice to be getting ready for this trip and AL isn't in the planning at all. Sneaking, buying more, etc.

Have a great day! Another scorcher here. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Dill, sadly it’s a part of growing old that we have to make life decisions because of changes in our ability to do things. At least we’re growing old though! I’m sure you’ll miss the cattle but not the work.
                              Mrs QW and I have made some changes to improve our quality of life. We had sliding shelves installed in our pantry, we now pay to have our recycle items picked up rather than take them to the facility at the landfill, we’re looking for a service to clean our house and we’re having a security system installed for our peace of mind, as examples. Just a few years ago none of these were needed but we’re fortunate that we can get the help we need.

Hope everyone has a great af Thursday!

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

“We do not want to believe that we cannot control alcohol and that alcohol is, in truth, controlling and dictating our lives. When you free yourself of a dictator, like alcohol, the freedom that you experience is totally amazing and so empowering. You get your life back.”
                                ― Liz Hemingway

The last four words of this quote really hit home for me. I never realized how much I was missing until I gave up the booze!

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] and [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]....a lot of us here are heading into our senior years which often requires a change in lifestyle or where we live. One of the reasons that I bought a horse is because I know that the day will come when riding is no longer an option for me. I guess that it's my last chance to pursue a passion that has been within me since childhood. Life is good at the moment, thanks to dumping the booze!

Hope that everyone has a fantastic Friday, and asking for another 24 for all of us!
                                Last edited by Jude58; June 14, 2019, 04:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X