~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

TGIF friends! Today the sun is finally out! No booze in my future! Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please.

Comment

6:10am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

Sun is shining, already 14C (58F), looks like it's going to be hot one...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Yep, that's the one word I use to describe sobriety, freedom! No longer have the ball and chain of drinking and thinking of drinking wrapped around me! My life might not be all that I'd like it to be now, but it's a darn sight better than being (and acting) like a drunk!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:50 am in Vegas another 24 please
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

53F and sunny.
            I'm back, lol!
            Long week in NYC, and got busy as soon as I got back hit the ground running. NFL minicamp.
            I did get to cycle around Central Park, very cool. Spent time with an old friend, and went to Coney Island too! Packed a lot into the week.
            Took a bump off the plane on the way back, overbooked, and I pocketed $600, plus they paid for the room overnight, and meals. Next morning's plane was overbooked too, they were offering $900, I volunteered again, but few few people didn't show for the 6 am flight, and I finally got home.
            Bike ride today as it's sunny, and rain on the way for the weekend.
            Got to get the lawn mowed too, lol.
            Read back in a little bit.
            24 more please.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We had a security system installed yesterday. Drilling through the wall, the installer hit a wire, resulting in the power to the garage being cut. He felt bad but it was an honest mistake. Long story short, my neighbour, an electrician, solved the problem in an hour. The alarm company agreed to pay the repair cost and thanked me a few times for being so understanding. I wonder how my hung over/drunk self would have showed up? And, it was the president of the company who apologized. I think we made a good choice hiring this company! I’m impressed by businesses that recognize they are in the people business regardless of what they sell.

Mr V, glad you had a good time in NYC. I don’t understand airlines that oversell flights. Our favourite airline, WestJet, doesn’t do that. Glad you were compensated for your inconvenience though.

Last day of renos today - plumbers are to arrive shortly.

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Welcome back, Mr. V. Glad you had a good time.

They started digging the footings for the house yesterday. Did I mention it's solid caliche rock? Just hit the $100,000 mark for lot development and don't have a nail in a board yet! I hope this view is worth it. Hubs is starting to wonder!

Off to the beach with gkids for 5 days. Can't wait! I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Ginger, hope there aren’t too many nasty surprises like the cost of digging the footings and lot development. Have a great time with the grandkids at the beach. Hope the weather is great!

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Great quote today, Jude, especially those last 4 words.

Welcome back Mr. V!

Ouch, Ginger!

Good story QW about the mishap with the drilling and the happy ending. Sounds like a good outcome in the long run! Wouldn't have gone half as well hung over! LOL

Late check in here. 24 more please and thank you.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

"I am more afraid of alcohol than of all the bullets of the enemy."

Stonewall Jackson

More showers in the forecast today, with temps in the sixties.....still waiting for Summer!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

Another beautiful morning in NE Alberta with showers forecast for most of the weekend, bring'em on I say!!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Great to see you back at the counter [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]! Your chair was empty for far too long, but sounds like you had a very memorable trip!!

Sounds like lots of improvements are getting done [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! I thought it was always the plumbers drilling through electrical wires as I've done that myself on a few occasions!

I have no idea how people budget for a new house [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! Most of the new homes up here are the RTM style, and all are over 2000sq ft! The basements are finished completely during construction and everything in the houses are top of the line. In the past 5 years I don't think I've worked on a house that cost less than 3/4's of a million!

Comment

Great quotes this week [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! And I have to comment on something you said yesterday. I don't think you bought Stetson because you're wanting to do something you love in what time you have left, I think you bought Stetson so that you can enjoy the 20 or 30 years you'll have in your retirement! Heck, you might go through a couple of mules before it's time to hang up the saddle for good!

Comment

5:37 am in Vegas another 24
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning. A beautiful day is expected today. Some sun and warm temps. I know some of you are from Canada. Yesterday I saw the Snowbirds fly in an air show. They were amazing....Another 24 for me please!!

Comment

Working...
                                X