~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Happy Monday Cafe. Hope everyone has a great day. Thanks for the great quote Ginger. Regret is horrible!! Don’t want to repeat that cycle. Spending a pool day today with 4 of the grands. Definitely can’t handle this with booze. Another 24 for me please and thanks.!

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:51 am in Vegas another 24
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Day 112, $1,680 put to better use.

Another beautiful morning when we walked although we had to dodge a couple of distracted drivers who I assume were on their way to work. I don’t miss those days but I can recall being in a hurry to get to work! Why?
          My sister is a doctor and one of her favourite sayings is “No one on their death bed ever said they wish they’d spent more time at the office”. How true.

Off to cut the lawn while it’s still relatively cool.

Have a great af Monday everyone.

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Tuesday's quote....

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Loved the quote yesterday [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! We often spend so much time looking ahead or behind that we miss all of the joys of the here and now!

Your right [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], so far this year, porch time has been very limited. Having a roof on the porch makes it possible to sit out there when It's raining, but the cool temperatures have kept me inside. :sighbubble:

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Nice quote Ginger! Hope everyone has a great Tuesday. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

Another excellent quote, Ginger! Thanks!

Another inch and a half of rain last night on top of the inch and a half from the night before. If this weather pattern keeps up we are going to have to sell the camper and buy a boat!

24 more, please and thank you.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:50am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

Sunny and warm this morning but the clouds are supposed to roll in today and rain till Saturday, here's hoping!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Mr & Mrs Dill!

Comment

5:39 am in Vegas another 24
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Cloudy and cool here today with rain in the forecast. Hope it pours - not the torrential downpours some in the Cafe experience though. My lawn could use the moisture!

It seems the honey do list isn’t getting any smaller so I’d best get at it.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone!

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Got home early today so got some time to reflect…

Great quotes [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! Today’s kinda ties in with yesterday’s for me. There are many things I regret thinking, saying, and doing in the past. But there are also things I regret I didn’t do. Some in both of those categories could be rectified over time, and some are best left alone. I get to thinking that at this stage of my life maybe status quo is the best that I can hope for and be thankful for what I have.

It’s amazing how different my life is from what I thought it would be when I was in my teens, how circumstances and situations changed and how I changed along with them. Would I change my life if I could? Certainly there are some aspects of my life that I’d like to do over, but all in all I’m at a point in my life that I’m satisfied that I did the best I could. Maybe longing for things isn’t where I should be, maybe being happy that I’m where I’m at should be all I need. But it never hurts to dream right lol.

So after I got my cholesterol scare I started thinking more about proper eating and exercise and decided I should take up golf again after a 20 year hiatus. So a shopping spree on Amazon got me all set up, bought a membership at the Mannville Golf Course as I drive right by it every morning and planned to golf at least twice a week on my way by. Haven’t had the time yet to get to the driving range much less play a round of golf! Guess there’s always next week lol.

Comment

Wednesday Quote....

Home from the beach and exhausted! Fun AF trip. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!
                              Last edited by Ginger999; June 18, 2019, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Good quote [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! As the saying goes...we can't control everything that happens to us, but how we react to these events is entirely up to us!

I was able to enjoy my porch this morning as temps are in the mid sixties with very little wind. I heard a Fox barking somewhere out in the woods, but otherwise, it was pretty quiet. Heavy rain forecast for tomorrow, so I'd best enjoy today!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X