~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Yup drinking makes us do dumb stuff, even if we don't realize it 5:39 am in Vegas another 24
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

That quote was spot on, Cowboy! And all the times we "got away with it" with no repercussions just led us down the road farther and farther, reinforcing the "I'm not so bad" thinking.

I never got into any real trouble when I drank unless you count the damage to my marriage. Luckily Mr. D forgave me for those times.

Well done to you QW on all that savings!!!

Mr. V, organizing is not my forte either. Must keep at it! Have you ever tried any books on organization? Ever heard of feng shui? (pronounced fung shway)

24 more, please and thank you.
      Last edited by dill; June 25, 2019, 08:04 AM.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Oh such a true quote w nd you are so right, Dill. Thinking we "Got away with it" just made it worse. Glad we got to the place where we figured that out!

Have to be at the building site early this morning, better get going.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Great quote Cowboy. Brought to mind the words most often heard before something stupid happens -Hold my beer and watch this!

Heading to the Big Smoke in a bit. Mrs QW has yet another medical appointment. We’ll drop off some household goods (the result of us downsizing/getting organized) at a charity before picking up our son for lunch. We’re dining at Marv’s Classic Soda Shop in Black Diamond, a stroll down memory lane for us old folks. Check out their website if you have a chance. Yeah, it’s pricy, too much fat, sodium and high in cholesterol but it’s a once a year treat!

Have a great af Tuesday everyone!

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning. Another 24 for me please and thanks!

Comment

“Today is a new day. Even if you were wrong yesterday, you can get it right today.” - Dwight Howard

5:55am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

Sun is shining this morning!!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

73F already, headed to the low 90's today. Summertime.
                  Several of my life's biggest mistakes involved/happened because of drinking. Didn't slow me down at the time though, such denial.
                  now, let's go make it right!
                  24 more please.

Comment

5:41 am in Vegas another 24
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

A new day to make it right. I like that idea, ABC.

Busy day around here. I need to get going but.... I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

An early start to the day, we were home from our 6km walk by 7AM.

Had a great time yesterday with our son and a fine diner experience at Marv’s. Loved listening to 50’s music on the booth jukebox.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I like that quote Cowboy. So reassuring to know that there's always another chance to get it right!

24 more, please and thank you.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Great quote cowboy. I want to get it right!! Hot hot hot day today. Thank goodness for air conditioning. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please.

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you! Hope that everyone has a great day!

Comment

“There are moments when troubles enter our lives and we can do nothing to avoid them. But they are there for a reason. Only when we have overcome them will we understand why they were there.” - Paulo Coelho

5:45am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

We have quite the weather pattern going on; sun shines till around 10am then the clouds roll in with rain and sometimes hail.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Working...
                                X