~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], that quote is a good reminder that we are driving this car of life!

Grandkids today so we will be tired tonight! I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Hi Café!
      Great quote again, AB.. I also love the fact that we are able to direct our lives.. and even if something comes up, something we don't have control over, we can decide how we want to think about it/which attitude we want to take on while dealing.
      Mr. V., that was a mighty long bike ride! Are you training for something.. bi or tri-athalon?
      QW, I hear you with the shopping! I've had to have my extra patience hat on while shopping with the girls.. sometimes I feel my head will explode with all the questions/need for my opinion..
      Dill and Jude, I thought of you both as I sat on the porch these past few days.. in the forest, we had elk wandering by, acorn woodpeckers and blue jays and squirrels coming for peanuts, bunnies hopping by.. it was heaven..
      and yes, Ginger, we were on/near the Mongollen Rim.. you know AZ! Today we drove up to Flagstaff and will spend the next 3 days here.. in case you have any suggestions for things to do..? We have a couple of easy hikes planned (as we're here with my parents who are a bit more limited) but I would love to do something more challenging on my own..

Big hugs to all of you and here's to another 24 af hours!xx

Comment

Yesterday was filled with temptation......couldn't rid myself of that desire for a nice glass of wine. Instead I chose to buy a half gallon of ice cream and had a big bowl while sitting on the back porch. Grateful for making the right choice!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning and good choice Jude!! I’m steering clear of any alcohol in my presence so I’m not tempted to take a gulp like last week. Ice cream is a better alternative. Today it’s supposed to be in the 90’s and no breeze. Gonna be a hot one. I’m not complaining because I love summer! Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please!

Comment

“To keep a lamp burning we have to keep putting oil in it.” - Mother Teresa

6:10am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

8C (46F) this morning, sun is trying to poke through the clouds without much success...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:45 am in Vegas another 24
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Will try and catch up with y’all this morning, haven’t had a chance the past few days…

It’s great to have you back in the CafĂ© [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], your chair was getting dusty lol. And nice to see you on this side of the ocean for your holiday! I got to thinking about what you said about your daughter not wanting to spend time at your dad’s place and couldn’t put a finger on why. Well, I’m kinda the same with some friends and family, but after thinking about it, I think I know why. I’m just not crazy about sitting around a group of people that are drinking. It’s fine to go visit once and a while, but it’s not something I’m really interested in anymore. And that got me wondering if your girl’s ever expressed any desire to move to the U.S.? And what about you, have you entertained any thoughts about moving back?

I’m not much one for spending the day shopping with Bubba either [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], but I try to make the best of it when it happens. I’m the designated “bag carrier”, and like you, don’t follow her into the stores. I find a chair somewhere close and people watch. I like to guess what people are shopping for, what type of work they do, etc. With online shopping now we don’t head to the stores much anymore, but I don’t mind if and when we go.

That’s a serious bike ride [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]! Not sure my legs would be up for riding a bike around the block, much less 35 miles! 10 days on the road is long stretch, I think I would tire quickly of hotel rooms and restaurant food, but we do what we have to to put bread on the table. My hat goes off to you for spending so much time away from home and be able to stay sober through it!

Good job [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] on choosing the ice cream! I’m not sure I could say that I have a craving for a beer anymore, but during the summer I do think how nice a cold beer would taste…if only it could be just one, and just for the taste…

Did you guys manage to get any haying done [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]? Haying season is still a couple of weeks away for us up here, the alfalfa hasn’t even went into bloom yet. Because of the dry spring everything was slow to get started, but with all the rain we’ve had the crops and hay are coming along nicely.

Did they start on backfilling around the foundation [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]? Once that’s done and the floor joists go on, it’ll start looking like your new house!

Waves to [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] and [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! I meant to ask what type of work you do [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]? For some reason I picture you in the healthcare sector?
                Last edited by abcowboy; June 29, 2019, 08:11 AM.
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Morning all...
                  Glad we all made it through another AF day. ABC, great quote. I love Mother Teresa.

Mr. V, hope your 10 day stint goes well! Great Job, Jude on you ice cream choice! It's a great alternative! I love love love So Delicious cashew milk ice cream. Its spendy but cheaper than AL!

[MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], we've only spent a few days up near Flagstaff so haven't done much there. However, I did have my eye on this hike, if we'd had more time! Arizona Trail: Fisher Point and Walnut Canyon - Arizona
                  | AllTrails

Spent some time at the job site cleaning up with the gsons. Going back up today to do a little more. Floor joist coming soon!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jude, what flavour ice cream did you have? I love ice cream - don’t need it but, as lots of us guys know, a want can turn into a need very quickly! Mrs QW and I have a favourite flavour - salted caramel - which we buy for a treat.

We had a great time at the science centre with the grandkids yesterday and as expected, we were bagged afterwards. I wish there were places like this when I was a kid. I would have been much smarter!

We left the science centre just as Mrs QW’s meds were wearing off and she snoozed much of the way home. Every day has peaks and valleys as far as the meds are concerned. I’m getting better at reading when the valleys occur. Yesterday afternoon we went to our farmers market and Mrs QW was unable to open the bag we’d brought to put purchases in so I asked if I could do it. Things like this are happening with greater frequency.

It was a beautiful summer morning when we walked. Most days we walk 10-12,000 steps, this past week we’ve averaged over 15,000 a day, nothing like the workout Mr V gets on his long bike rides but still good for us.

Enjoy Saturday everyone, alcohol free! Lots of ice cream is OK though.

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

It's hot, hot, hot outside today! Fortunately there's a breeze. AB, people all around us have their hay up but our farmer friend has not got to ours yet. Mr. D normally would be in a panic over it but not this year. He said casually this morning that if it's any later our hay crop will be worthless and I said lucky for us we are getting out of the cattle this fall! We don't need the hay. We will keep harvesting it so we can still qualify as agricultural to help keep our land taxes down, but we will sell it instead of using it from now on. Life is change.
                      Thanks for the Mother Theresa quote. I am a definite MT fan! Also I thank you for the PM reminder about the QD. I'll be ready!

It's nice to have you stateside LC, and nice to know you were chanelling Jude and I as you sat on the porch. Will you be in the States long?

Mr. V, QW, Cowboy, for what it's worth I hate clothes shopping almost as much as you all do! LOL. I'd just as soon keep the bench warm too.

Well done to you Jude! What flavor ice cream did you have? I love, chocolate, mint chocolate chip, butter pecan and rocky road. Of course vanilla is good too but I only get that when I am having a hot fudge sundae....

Greetings Rava, Ginger and Pauley!

24 more for all of us please and thank you.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] and [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], I love almost any flavor ice cream, but that particular day it was cookies and cream.

Having several of the outlaws over for a barbecue today, and hoping for decent weather!

Happy Sunday to all, and asking for 24 more for all of us!

Comment

Looks like I got here before breakfast!! AB you are correct, healthcare is right! LOL Its going to be hot hot hot today. Will most likely spend it inside. Its time to organize some closets. Short work week ahead with the 4th of July holiday approaching. Hope everyone has a great day!! Another 24 for me please.

Comment

Now the face that I see in my mirror, More and more is a stranger to me. More and more I can see there's a danger, In becoming what I never thought I'd be.
                            (Lyric from John Denver's "Some Days Are Diamonds")

We must be ever vigilant. What seems innocent or small in the moment can over time take a toll. I know that's how it was for me. And, I have seen that face in my mirror. It helped me turn myself around!

24 more, please and thank you.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:05am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

My weather for this morning? Do y'all remember this from your childhood days; rain, rain, go away, come again another day!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

You people on the east side of the continent get up too early for me so y'all will have to stop in for breakfast/brunch later lol

Last edited by abcowboy; June 30, 2019, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X