No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya, I remember the days when the guy looking back at me in the mirror wasn't maybe s stranger, but was someone who I wasn't particularly proud of. Saying to that guy; this is enough, this stops today, only to have him greet me the next morning. Addiction is a funny thing, no matter how much we want to change, we just can't seem to. But sooner or later we have to or life isn't worth living anymore. I have the odd day still when I'm not proud of the guy in the mirror, not because of drinking, but because of ill thoughts that I carry around with me. I guess that's why they say that sobriety means progress, not perfection and I have to continually remind myself to try and be a better man today than I was yesterday...
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

6:01 am in Vegas another 24
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Thanks for brekkie Cowboy, I’m fed up!

A beautiful summer morning here, sunshine and 10C, 50F when we walked.

Happy Canada Day tomorrow to my fellow Canadians!!!

Hope everyone has a great af Sunday!

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thoughtful post, Dill. Thank You!

Spent Saturday morning cleaning up around the property (without gsons). Got things ready for backfill and phase II of foundation pour. Building on a 30% grade has its limitations! But.... oh that view. I'll be able to apply for membership in the porch sisters gang! Back up this morning for a few more chores! I'm going to need that brekkie, ABC.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Great quote [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! I never liked what I saw in the mirror every morning during my drinking days.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

“When you arise in the morning think of what a privilege it is to be alive, to think, to enjoy, to love …”
              ― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Somehow I never felt that way when I woke up hungover day after day. What a gift to wake up sober and free!

Ginger, I can't wait for you to join the porch reporters! LOL

My granddaughter is here for a couple nights so I'm getting a workout. It's a pleasure!

24 more for all of up please and thank you.
              Last edited by dill; July 1, 2019, 04:55 AM.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning. Thanks for yesterdays breakfast. It was perfect as always. Good quote yesterday and today Dill. Thanks. Ginger, I am excited for you and your new place. Its’s gonna be done before you know it and you will be porch sitting overlooking the beautiful scenery. Last night I had some pink clouds in the sky. Beautiful night. I never used to see the night sky due to being wasted.
                Last edited by Rava; July 1, 2019, 05:12 AM.

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

Sun shining for now, more rain on the way for this afternoon...

In the past 24 hours these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'm definitely grateful to be alive after all the crazy things I did when I was drinking! I don't think anybody deserves to die, but I often wonder why the Big Guy watched over my shoulder yet other people weren't so lucky...

Comment

5:32 am in Vegas another 24
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

It truly is a privilege! Thanks for the reminder, [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION].

We were invited to an impromptu dinner last night. The food was delicious but the drinking was heavy. I wasn't tempted at all but instead sad and anxious. I just wanted out of there. Maybe its time to stop saying yes to invites like this one. Something to ponder.

Busy week around here. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Quick check in for me (without having read back)..
                          We're heading back to phx this morning so I'll be back later..
                          for now, here's to another 24 af hours for all of us!
                          xx

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Day 126, $1,890 still in my pocket.

It’s a beautiful sunny day here although we may get some of your rain later on Cowboy. Regardless, it’s a great day to not drink.

Have a great af Monday everyone.

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

My husband said to me last night "you're never home any more. If you're not working, you're at the barn " I replied that when I was drinking, I may have been here physically, but emotionally, I was far, far away. While guzzling wine every night, I would retreat into my little bubble, and distance myself from the people and things that I cared about the most.

Currently sitting on the back porch just grateful to be alive.

Can't wait to hear you're porch reports [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Comfortable shoes and the freedom to leave are the two most important things in life.
                                _Shel Silverstein

In a hurry this morning. Have to get to the coffee shop. This quote made me think of you Ginger. If the social situations are bringing you down....walk away!

24 more please and thank you.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X