~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning. Another 24 for me please!!

Comment

5:50am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

Nice blue sky this morning, but a bit chilly at 6C (42F). Only 30% chance of showers this afternoon!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

78F already at 7am! Hot one on the way
        Busy, busy, busy
        24 more for us all please!

Comment

I like that [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! Add another thing to the list of things that sobriety has given me; comfortable shoes for walking away from the people, places, and things that aren't healthy for me!

I take it your hubby isn't into horses like you [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]? Maybe he could accompany you when you're with Stetson? I know when we had the horses Bubba and I used to love to saddle up and go for a ride. She had an old leopard spot appy that she always rode and I would change up horses each time we rode so that they all got some saddle time in. It was great "our time"...
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:42 am in Vegas another 24
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Love that quote, [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. If only these people weren't extended family. I can sure limit exposure tho!

Headed out of town Saturday for 9 days. Getting some sister/lake time. Looking forward to it but at the same time hate to leave when progress has finally begun on the house. Oh well, it might be better to come back to framing!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Cool and wet when we walked at 6 this morning but supposed to warm up to 18C, 64F later on.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone.

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning everyone. Ginger, enjoy your 9 days at the lake. It will be fun to get away and you can always get someone to send you some pics of the progress. Today is a busy day at work then off until Monday. Lots of stuff planned. No plans to drink. I will remember that sometimes it takes no plans to drink. An impulsive thought that is fleeting is all that it can take for me to blow it. My guard will be up!!!

Comment

Beautiful morning here on the back porch!

Cowboy....hubby is not into riding, but does come to the barn to see Stetson once in awhile. He loves him, but gets bored when I ride.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

I had crossed the line. I was free; but there was no one to welcome me
                      to the land of freedom.
                      I was a stranger in a strange land.

-Harriet Tubman

I know that Harriet Tubman was writing about a different form of freedom but yet she could have been speaking for any of us. I think this statement applies to really any one who has worked hard to escape a tyranny. Once you achieve the goal of freedom, it isn't necessarily an instant bed of roses! There are some people there to welcome you, but many people are not on board with the new situation and you have to make decisions about how to live in your new reality. Some people, places and activities must be let go but new ones will come and take their places.

I have no plans for the 4th this year but that feels kind of nice. Anybody else have plans?

24 more, please and thank you.
                      Last edited by dill; July 3, 2019, 05:14 AM.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5.55am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

Maybe, just maybe we won't get any rain today...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Another great quote [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! I did feel all alone when I first quit, like a stranger in a strange land, although at the end of my drinking days I was in a self-imposed exile anyway. But that's what places like AA and online forums are all about, no need to feel lonely and strange when you have a great group of friends that understand what addiction is all about!

It may be a bit harder in real f2f life, but new friends can be made, and in time, we no longer feel like a stranger. Alcohol made us hermits, sobriety allows us to break out of that self-imposed exile...
                          Last edited by abcowboy; July 3, 2019, 07:20 AM.

Comment

5:34 am in Vegas another 24
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

75F yet another hot one
                              24 more please

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Cool but dry when we walked this morning.

Lots of landscaping to get organized today, best be getting to it.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone.

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X