~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Great quote [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. It sure does apply to us. I'm happy to be a stranger in a strange land if it means staying AF.

I need to get the 5th wheel organized for the trip. Better get going!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Happy 4th of July to those that celebrate it!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning and Happy 4th of July to those who celebrate! ABC you are right drinking made me a hermit as well. I now don’t HAVE to stay home to drink. I am free to go out and enjoy myself without all the brain chatter of looking for alcohol. I can even drive by a liquor store and not feel compelled to drive in and buy a bottle. Making new brain pathways every day! I hope everyone has a great day! Another 24 for me please and thanks!

Comment

“Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.”
          ― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Those of us in the US should avoid the fireworks while doing so!

24 more, please and thank you.
          Last edited by dill; July 4, 2019, 05:05 AM.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

A beautiful sunny morning out there!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Happy Independence Day

to my friends south of the 49th!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:42 am in Vegas another 24 Happy 4th of July to those who celebrate
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Raining with lots more in the forecast. My little buddy has gone back to bed after realizing we weren’t going to walk in the rain.

Have a great af Thursday everyone.

QW
                  Last edited by Quit wining; July 4, 2019, 08:40 AM.
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning! I'd forgotten it was the 4th. Guess I've been distracted. Lol No plans what so ever!

Lovely quote, [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION].

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Morning cafe! Warm and muggy out here on the back porch, but at least it's not raining!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination,
                        and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.

-Plato

Thank you for the musical tribute yesterday Cowboy. That song is always uplifting! It brought to mind this quote that I found a few weeks ago. I saved it at the time because I liked it and because it reminded me of our resident musician and man for the ages, [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION].

I stepped outside on the deck this morning and was greeted by a deep silence. After all the booms heard last night it was quite a contrast. No birds, no insects nor other sounds of nature. Just quiet stillness.

24 more for all of us please, and thank you.
                        Last edited by dill; July 5, 2019, 04:43 AM.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning. Woke up this morning thinking it was Sunday. Having a holiday during the week always messes me up. Hot and humid day ahead. Glad to be off and spending some quality time with my family. Hope everyone has a great day! Another 24 for me please.

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

11C (52F), sunshine, and no wind...looks like another fine morning for a round of golf!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Your quote this morning [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] brought back a lot of memories for me, both good and bad. Days of just enjoying the music for what is was, evening of teaching dance lessons, two-stepping with Bubba around the dance floor at some celebration or event. Then the times of self-pity, drunk and listening to every depressing song I could find, not bothering to listen to the songs that made me feel good about myself.

Music certainly has a way of changing our mood, but that can go both ways. One of the first things I did when I got sober was to get rid of all the depressing songs in my playlist on my phone, only kept the songs that uplifted me, made me feel good. Now I can listen to most any song and not be bothered, just appreciate the music for what it is. There is a story behind every song, I choose to find the positives in that story...

Got reading around the threads last night, seeing who's hanging around but not doing much posting. I'd like to extend an invitation to [MENTION=24384]HappyHealthyFuture[/MENTION], [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], [MENTION=11432]fluff[/MENTION], and anyone else who'd like to join us here at the Café. The folks who hang out here are some of the best people that I've got a chance to meet, and I'm glad that we've found a home here so come and join us!

Comment

Slo,is pretty active in the nest Cowboy so she's defo not lurking haha,5:58 am in Vegas another 24
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X