~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Same here [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]. Had to look at my phone to double check the day!

It was a quiet 4th around here. Just the way I like it. Concrete is all done and lumber package is on site. This is getting real! We take off tomorrow for nine days. I'm kind of sad! I'd much rather be here to watch the progress. I'm sure my son would much rather I'm gone. lol :~)

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24hours please & thank you.

We did manage to get in a walk yesterday afternoon between rain showers but this morning we got soaked. Nothing like the smell of wet dog!

Have a great af Friday everyone.

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Hola friends!

Thanks for that quote Dill. I love it and it's true. Another thought i've often had over the years relating to making music is that if you have a skill for something in this life, it can be a universal crime to hide it or numb it out/away. Cowboy, i'm with u on the depressing song lists! I went through a stage looking for comfort in ballads/love songs a few years ago, and listened to the Carpenters. I love Karen, her beautiful voice and the songs, but man.......Within those seemingly breezy sounding good time pop hits are some seriously heavy depressing stories. It was becoming dangerous to my mental and emotional health! lol. But i still think those songs and Karen are great.

07:25 hrs saturday. Another 24 please ref.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Thanks, Cowboy! I’ll take you up on it, but a problem is that I’m sitting here on vacation right now drinking a beer. TOTALLY ACCIDENTALLY -but still. I have figured it out and stopped drinking out of this first bottle that I’m 4/5th of the way through, but DAMN IT! A REAL Krombacher Pils was mixed in right where the NA Krombachers that my husband brought up for me were in the fridge!
          I just don’t need this right now. I can’t get triggered and fall off the wagon now! I mean I have finally built up nearly a year AF so that I can withstand my daughter’s wedding AF later this month, and I cannot have all of this get scuttled!
          Being AF was starting to get hard today, with all the drinking going on around me, but I was still doing it. Until this.
          It feels good in my mind (relaxing, centering), but bad in my body. And I can’t get it out!! *sigh*
          Last edited by Slo; July 5, 2019, 10:57 PM.
          Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Don't let that minor hiccup derail you Slo, is my take on it. Accidental ingestion can happen. Non intentional. I don't see a problem, but you're understandably pissed off! I'd be fuming. You rock! Keep raaawkin. How are you now?

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Keep the right mindset [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], and you will be OK!

Good to see you in the cafe G! You should visit more often.....cowboy makes a hell of a breakfast on Sunday mornings!

75° and very muggy this morning on the back porch. Lots of birds singing, but otherwise quiet.

Thanks for the great quotes this week [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.
                -Eleanor Roosevelt

[MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] that quote has you in mind. Shake off yesterday's mistake and with grit and optimism, press on! You most surely can do it!

[MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION], I too have come to the conclusion over the years that if one has a gift they are obliged to share it! Especially when it is so obvious a gift as to be a talent for something. But I also believe that everyone has a gift altho sometimes it is hard to discover.

Slo, your post reminded me: I gave up drinking "socially" long ago. Once it became obvious that I could not moderate my drinking I decided never to drink in public settings as I was too worried about embarrassing myself. It's not worth it to me! Of course, there was nothing stopping me from drinking alone, at home and that I did with a vengeance! That was just as bad for me, if not worse.

24 more please and thank you.
                Last edited by dill; July 6, 2019, 06:11 AM.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning and happy Saturday. Slo, you got this!! The fact that you are aware is a good thing. I took some gulps of a drink not too long ago, not completely intentionally as more of an impulse. I was horrified after it happened. So glad that we have formed some new pathways in our brain to immediately realize that we are not going back to square one. Ginger, I LOVE YOUR VIEW!!! Wow its breathtaking! Hope you have a good 9 day trip. Yesterday, I started getting emails that my different accounts have been compromised. I guess someone has hacked into my personal stuff. This makes me nervous. I have changed passwords, etc. Still scary that someone can just simply charge stuff to you and you are completed clueless. Pisses me off actually!!!!

Comment

6:15am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

Doomy gloomy cloudy yucky day out there, more rain on the way...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Last edited by abcowboy; July 6, 2019, 07:15 AM.
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

76 F, hot, sunny and muggy.
                      quick check-in orf to work
                      24 more please
                      Last edited by Mr Vervill; July 6, 2019, 07:20 AM.

Comment

5:56 am in Vegas another 24
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] and [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION]. So nice to see you both in the cafe. [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], like everyone has already said, you got this! Accidents happen, don't let it be more than that.

[MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], my credit card has purchase notification options. I've set them so low that I get a text everytime a purchase is made. The text usually arrives before I leave the store! I also set notifications for all online purchases. That way I know whenever a purchase is made. I've had my identity stolen twice so I may be a little over zealous! Dealing with that sucked so I'll do anything to avoid that if I can.

[MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], are you feeling those California earthquakes?

Not sure what kind of connectivity we'll have at the lake. If I'm not able to check in daily, that's why. Ill be asking for another 24 hours everyday even if I can't login.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

SLO, thanks for sharing about having part of a beer. We’ve all experienced near misses and many of us have had slips. But you did the right thing and are back on track to stay af.

Cool and cloudy when we walked this morning. Jessie tried desperately to herd a handsome buck we met, such a treat to see wildlife close to home.

I made shepherds pie for my son and family the other day. They finished the entire casserole and said it was wonderful. Even the grandkids loved it and had seconds. That’s how you get more! So much of today will be spent in the kitchen making meals for their freezer! Who knows, maybe one day I’ll be as good in the kitchen as Cowboy!

Have a great af Saturday everyone.

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thanks for the great quotes this week [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], and I’ve got a few thoughts on today’s that I’ll share a bit later… Because we chatted earlier in the week [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] I didn’t send you a reminder pm about this coming week being your week for QD, figured you’d remember anyhow…

Bet Cowtown is crazy with the Stampede in progress [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! Do you and the Missus take any of it in?

Safe travels to the water [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! The house will probably look like a house by the time you get back, it looks to me like your son is stick building it? He probably planned the building schedule around your 9 days away so that you wouldn’t be there everyday saying “I don’t like that wall where it is, can we move it 6 inches” lol.

Great to see you come and join us here [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION], and congrats again on the news of becoming a Grandma, is this the first? As far as the beer goes, you did the right thing on not finishing it and reaching for another! And that brings me to another point, why don’t all the breweries label their na beer completely different like Budweiser does?? Those picking up the wrong kind of beer instances would be a lot less likely to happen! I’m very careful when someone gives me a Pepsi to drink as it’s so close to the same color as Bud Light. And the upcoming wedding, whats to worry about cause you don't drink!

Yes, a new day, new strengths, new thoughts, and more chances at being the person you want to be. We all get the chance each day to be a better person than we were the day before, don’t let those chances pass you by!
                              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rava View Post
                                Good morning and happy Saturday. Slo, you got this!! The fact that you are aware is a good thing. I took some gulps of a drink not too long ago, not completely intentionally as more of an impulse. I was horrified after it happened. So glad that we have formed some new pathways in our brain to immediately realize that we are not going back to square one. Ginger, I LOVE YOUR VIEW!!! Wow its breathtaking! Hope you have a good 9 day trip. Yesterday, I started getting emails that my different accounts have been compromised. I guess someone has hacked into my personal stuff. This makes me nervous. I have changed passwords, etc. Still scary that someone can just simply charge stuff to you and you are completed clueless. Pisses me off actually!!!!
                                Hi all,

Yes, your joint looks great Ginger. Love the open space.

Hi Rava. I get some spam from scammers from time to time telling me something has been charged to either paypal, amazon, or some bank account i do or don't have and can i please sign in and change my password so we can avoid another security breach. You're probably on top of these things, but thought i'd relay my experience in case it helps. When i click on reply, i can see the senders email address, which in 99.9% of cases is some one off non official/business one. It's def a bit unsettling for sure. Hope it's all ok.

Sister Slo, you've recently become a grandma? Wowza! Congratulations.

07:10 hrs in Melbourne 13c cloudy, showers forecast. Another 24 please Ref.
                                Last edited by Guitarista; July 6, 2019, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X