~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

G, yes, I found out the other day that I’ll be becoming a grandma for the first time next January!

Shepherd’s Pie sounds wonderful, QW! Kind of you to make ahead some more meals for them too.

I hope your vacation is a good one, Ginger.
    My family is driving me nuts today on this vacation. So I have escaped and biked to town to get some WiFi.

Some good points about identity theft; something I don’t think about enough since it hasn’t happened to me yet.

Yes, why can’t they make the AF beer labels more different? Probably because they think we want to blend in and have people think we’re drinking a real beer. But it’s too easy to grab the wrong one! And I didn’t notice a taste difference because I had squeezed lime into this one, so thought that’s why it tasted better.
    I hated the feeling overnight of the ETOH in my body, and my body working hard to purge it.

My brother was just crabby at me for no good reason. Everyone else here are perfect little normal drinkers -except him. He’s chasing off to the coolers for more beer ridiculously frequently, like every 10 minutes. And has the red, beefy face filled with broken blood vessels and the big belly to prove it. But he’s real friendly & nice once he’s tanked! I guess he’s not there yet, and is on the down side now and cranky.
    Seeing all the normal drinkers makes me long to be one, but seeing him brings home the reality of what it’s like for me too.

Thanks, everyone, for your helpful comments.
    Last edited by Slo; July 6, 2019, 08:25 PM.
    Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Happy Sunday all!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good Morning Cafe. Hope everyone has a great day. Congrats Slo on finding out about being a grandma. Its a great thing! You can love them up and then give them back! LOL. Thanks for all the tips on the identity fraud. I’m going to see if I can set up notifications for my purchases. This quote reminds me that its how we start over that so important. I had my screw up this month and quickly got back on track. I am determined to not go down the rabbit hole again. I was scared and out of control at my worst and don’t want to ever feel that way again. Another 24 for me please!

Comment

75F at 7:30 am, still hot and muggy. Well, it is summer here. No complaints.
          work, work, work... day off coming tomorrow.
          24 more please

Comment

6:05am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

Hot and muggy here too Mr V, we had an inch and three tenths of rain in 45 minutes last night!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Okay, got my thread-hopping and posting done, bout time I got breakfast served!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great quote to start your week [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! After finally getting the strength to quit and stay quit it reminds me that if I can do it, anybody can. I know you've all heard that said over and over again. But take it from a guy who started drinking at 9 or 10 in the morning and continued till I crawled into bed, most days having 15 to 20 beer in me each day, there is so much truth to that statement! And I also had the strength to pick myself up and dust myself off each time I fell off the wagon, and there were numerous times like that as well.

But, I'm not sure if I could do it again if I fell back to drinking. Could I look at myself and say, you got sober once, you can do it again? Or would I look at myself and say, what's the use, someday you'll just go back to drinking? Just another reason to stay sober, not having to worry about ever having to make that decision.....
                Last edited by abcowboy; July 7, 2019, 07:57 AM.

Comment

6 am in Vegas another 24
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Great quote, [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION].

At the lake service is sketchy at times but I've seen worse. I've been noticing people I know that have never really drank starting to really imbibe. Makes me sad. What's up with that? Has advertising finally convinced them it's a good thing?

Thanks for breakfast, ABC! I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

And another awesome brekkie Cowboy. Thanks!

Found out last evening that my brother who has been dealing with prostate cancer for a number of years was told by his new oncologist that “you have stage 4 metastatic prostate cancer. What can I say?” He went on to say that he may have 10 years to live from diagnosis, but that was 8 years ago. F cancer! Guys, get checked yearly, DRE and PSA.

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I'm really sorry to hear about your bro, QW. Thoughts and prayers from my end.

Glad you're still connected, Ginger! I'm not sure why someone would pick up drinking later in life. Seems odd to me! Here we all are trying to go the other direction! LOL

Thanks for the breakfast, Cowboy and thank you for today's quote, Rava.

24 more please and thank you.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Thanks for the great quote yesterday [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]!

Sorry to hear about your brother QW...cancer sucks!

I went on a long trail ride yesterday with Stetson and we had a blast. I haven't been this happy in a long time! It wasn't that long ago where my Sunday's consisted of drinking from morning till bedtime, and waking up on Monday feeling like garbage. Whenever the urge for a drink hits, I try to remember how lousy I felt every single day. Just thankful to be alive!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

We all know that thinking differently is what leads us to change. Getting out of our old comfort zone and thinking of a life without alcohol was scary in the beginning but so rewarding in the long run! Everyday is not perfect but its so much better than it was when drinking.

QW sorry about your brother and yes Cancer does SUCK!!! Thanks for breakfast ABC!!! Ginger, glad you are able to stay online. Hope your son will send you pics of the house framing. I agree Jude, Mondays used to suck. Now they still suck but not because of a hangover. Hope everyone here has a great Monday. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

Hi all.

Sorry to hear about your brother QW. So anything else he can do about it?

24 more please umpire.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

15C (60F) on a warm, cloudy Monday morning. Rained again overnight and more rain on tap for today. Good thing it's only rain on tap for me lol.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X